BDO Darts World Championship

dee9

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Granted the bdo is shite but the reality is that sky have done to darts the exact same as the have with the premiership .

I always remember growing up as a young lad and my dad would be watching the Lakeside it was the biggest event and hey the winner gets 100k now not bad.

16 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Granted the bdo is shite but the reality is that sky have done to darts the exact same as the have with the premiership .

They haven't really though.

Go to Argos, spend £30 and.... anyone can be playing darts. Practice lots, get good, and you could be the next top player. The best rise to the top, and geography or money doesn't change that.

With the premier league the biggest and best clubs in other countries can't compete financially with EPL minnows.

1 minute ago, Badger said:

They haven't really though.

Go to Argos, spend £30 and.... anyone can be playing darts. Practice lots, get good, and you could be the next top player. The best rise to the top, and geography or money doesn't change that.

With the premier league the biggest and best clubs in other countries can't compete financially with EPL minnows.

Some of the bdo or most even can't afford to practice 8 hours a day, I'm with you here slightly but sky 100% have made an elite section with there money, and can hand pick any talent they want from the bdo so they kinda have

14 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Some of the bdo or most even can't afford to practice 8 hours a day, I'm with you here slightly but sky 100% have made an elite section with there money, and can hand pick any talent they want from the bdo so they kinda have

Take Gary Anderson,  he made one semi-final appearance with the bdo, his transformation is down to being a full time dart player with the pdc, the money on offer in the pdc allows him to make a great living from the game nowadays. 

7 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Take Gary Anderson,  he made one semi-final appearance with the bdo, his transformation is down to being a full time dart player with the pdc, the money on offer in the pdc allows him to make a great living from the game nowadays. 

Everything to do with the money will contribute to you becoming a better player, less stress, better living conditions and so on. Nobody is saying if your the next MVG your not going to make it, but if sky spot you then you'll make it alot faster than you would without there money.

On 07/01/2017 at 10:24 PM, ex-guardsman said:

I always remember growing up as a young lad and my dad would be watching the Lakeside it was the biggest event and hey the winner gets 100k now not bad.

Last time i watched Lakeside previously before glimspes of this years tournament was in the late 90s when Les Wallace was Scotlands big BDO player :lol: