Parkhead ace is let-off in tweet slur row. Thumb

Smile

The Parkhead ace is let-off in tweet slur row.

CELTIC star Leigh Griffiths won’t be prosecuted over an offensive tweet – after the charge was dropped FOUR YEARS on.
Griffiths, 26, told Zak Iqbal to ‘f*** off back to your own country’ in a heated spat in 2013 before apologising for the comment.

Cops charged him within a month of the tweet but after four years the Crown Office finally said they didn’t have enough evidence to prosecute the striker.

The decision comes two years after Griffiths was convicted of starting a vile pub singsong which branded Hearts hero Rudi Skacel a “f***ing refugee”.Last night, a pal of Leigh’s said: “He’s delighted it’s been concluded and is over.”

But campaign group Show Racism the Red Card (SRtRC) said: “Examples of racism and prejudice on social media platforms are rarely taken as seriously as they should be.”

The Scotland star’s outburst in January 2013 came after he was mocked by Zak for fathering four kids with three different women.

Iqbal, of Livingston, wrote ‘How many different birds you got pregnant? You really are such a stupid c***’ and taunted him about his looks.Griffiths wrote: “F*** off back to your own country, ya clown.”

Iqbal replied: “I was born and bred in Livingston … and you’re telling me to get back to my own country?”

Griffiths quickly backtracked by writing: “Got to apologise to @zaq_iqbal for my comment earlier, was out of order!”

Griffiths was charged under section 127 of the Communications Act, which deals with the improper use of electronic communications networks, and faced six months’ jail or a £5,000 fine.

But after a lengthy probe by the Crown Office they have dropped proceedings against him.

A spokesman for SRtRC said: “Show Racism the Red Card upholds the belief that the tweet posted by Leigh Griffith in 2013 is unacceptable and is a sad reflection of attitudes that still persist among some members of society.

“At the time, the campaign in Scotland issued a statement which included the assertion that SRtRC is not a policy-making or punitive body but that we hoped that the matter could be dealt with swiftly and commensurately by the relevant authorities.

“It is disappointing that this has clearly not been the case, and at the time of writing, the prosecutors have not publicised the reasons why they felt that the evidence was insufficient, therefore SRtRC is not in a position to comment further.

“As an anti-racism education charity, SRtRC believes that education is essential in helping individuals to better understand why all manifestations of racism are unacceptable, irrespective of the methods by which these attitudes are communicated.”

A spokesman for the Crown Office said: “There are currently no proceedings but the Crown reserves the right to raise proceedings should further evidence become available.”

The spokesman refused to discuss why it took so long to come to a decision.

The star’s lawyer Liam O’Donnell said: “The striker is currently in Dubai and doesn’t wish to comment.”
In 2015, he issued a grovelling apology for the vile pub singsong which branded Hearts hero Rudi Skacel a “f***ing refugee”.

He insisted he meant “no malice” to the Czech player after he started the chant in a pub packed with fellow Hibs fans before an Edinburgh derby.

He said: “I am not racist. I got involved in something I shouldn’t have got involved in.

“I regret going to the pub and going to the game. I have apologised to Celtic for going to the game and being stupid.
“I am sorry for being involved in that chant, of course I am.

“There was no malice intended towards Rudi Skacel. I have apologised for starting the chant.”

Furious Celtic bosses docked Griffiths four weeks’ wages after hearing about his involvement in the offensive song.

He pled guilty at Edinburgh Sheriff Court in September 2015 to singing a song with offensive lyrics and was admonished.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...r-own-country/

A spokesman for the Crown Office said: “There are currently no proceedings but the Crown reserves the right to raise proceedings should further evidence become available.”

How much more evidence for racial slurs do they need than physical written proof, and data logged online for the world to see.  

Maybe if the thumb had made an off the cuff remark in this RM forum, the police would have jumped on it straight away. 

3 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Wonder if Houston and Marshall will be sickened by this?

Would it make him look like a knight in shining armour? 

No you say? 

Then of course he won't. He'll be watching for the next time he can jump on the taig apologist bandwagon. It's cunts like him that the world is so humorless and backwards. Not offended by that? Don't worry someone will be offended for you. 

8 hours ago, Smile said:

The Parkhead ace is let-off in tweet slur row.

CELTIC star Leigh Griffiths won’t be prosecuted over an offensive tweet – after the charge was dropped FOUR YEARS on.
Griffiths, 26, told Zak Iqbal to ‘f*** off back to your own country’ in a heated spat in 2013 before apologising for the comment.

Cops charged him within a month of the tweet but after four years the Crown Office finally said they didn’t have enough evidence to prosecute the striker.

The decision comes two years after Griffiths was convicted of starting a vile pub singsong which branded Hearts hero Rudi Skacel a “f***ing refugee”.Last night, a pal of Leigh’s said: “He’s delighted it’s been concluded and is over.”

But campaign group Show Racism the Red Card (SRtRC) said: “Examples of racism and prejudice on social media platforms are rarely taken as seriously as they should be.”

The Scotland star’s outburst in January 2013 came after he was mocked by Zak for fathering four kids with three different women.

Iqbal, of Livingston, wrote ‘How many different birds you got pregnant? You really are such a stupid c***’ and taunted him about his looks.Griffiths wrote: “F*** off back to your own country, ya clown.”

Iqbal replied: “I was born and bred in Livingston … and you’re telling me to get back to my own country?”

Griffiths quickly backtracked by writing: “Got to apologise to @zaq_iqbal for my comment earlier, was out of order!”

Griffiths was charged under section 127 of the Communications Act, which deals with the improper use of electronic communications networks, and faced six months’ jail or a £5,000 fine.

But after a lengthy probe by the Crown Office they have dropped proceedings against him.

A spokesman for SRtRC said: “Show Racism the Red Card upholds the belief that the tweet posted by Leigh Griffith in 2013 is unacceptable and is a sad reflection of attitudes that still persist among some members of society.

“At the time, the campaign in Scotland issued a statement which included the assertion that SRtRC is not a policy-making or punitive body but that we hoped that the matter could be dealt with swiftly and commensurately by the relevant authorities.

“It is disappointing that this has clearly not been the case, and at the time of writing, the prosecutors have not publicised the reasons why they felt that the evidence was insufficient, therefore SRtRC is not in a position to comment further.

“As an anti-racism education charity, SRtRC believes that education is essential in helping individuals to better understand why all manifestations of racism are unacceptable, irrespective of the methods by which these attitudes are communicated.”

The spokesman refused to discuss why it took so long to come to a decision.

The star’s lawyer Liam O’Donnell said: “The striker is currently in Dubai and doesn’t wish to comment.”
In 2015, he issued a grovelling apology for the vile pub singsong which branded Hearts hero Rudi Skacel a “f***ing refugee”.

He insisted he meant “no malice” to the Czech player after he started the chant in a pub packed with fellow Hibs fans before an Edinburgh derby.

He said: “I am not racist. I got involved in something I shouldn’t have got involved in.

“I regret going to the pub and going to the game. I have apologised to Celtic for going to the game and being stupid.
“I am sorry for being involved in that chant, of course I am.

“There was no malice intended towards Rudi Skacel. I have apologised for starting the chant.”

Furious Celtic bosses docked Griffiths four weeks’ wages after hearing about his involvement in the offensive song.

He pled guilty at Edinburgh Sheriff Court in September 2015 to singing a song with offensive lyrics and was admonished.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...r-own-country/

PF is full of beggar scum . The Crown they call themselves :raging:

8 hours ago, Smile said:

So not enough evidence.

He admits he wrote it as he apologised for writing it.

The cops and plenty of other folk saw and have a copy of the tweet.

What more evidence did they need? A film of him writing it! A note from his priest!

At the end of the day no-one should be prosecuted for something as petty as this but if that is the case it should apply to all across the board. Unless of course he got off as they sympathised with him being such an ugly bastard.

The wee willie flasher Forest not only was warned once but warned a second time and his case was also dropped, That's also twice now the thumb has got off scot free,Megan McFadden posted sectarian abuse and was dropped and no punishment.

Something very suspect about our judicial system when it comes to the unwashed and we don't need to ask why.

Any other job in this country - if you get caught making racist comments you are out on your arse immediately. Gross misconduct, see ya. 

Celtic docked the guy 4 weeks wages and let him stay on. Joke decision for a joke club.

After this happened, Griffiths sent my mate a DM on Twitter asking if this ever came to anything, could my mate act as a character witness (they played together when they were younger). Absolutely no shame. 

"here mate, I've just been racist to a boy of your background, could you be my little Asian bitch and back up that I'm not racist because I'm pals with you?"

Rat.

12 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Any other job in this country - if you get caught making racist comments you are out on your arse immediately. Gross misconduct, see ya. 

Celtic docked the guy 4 weeks wages and let him stay on. Joke decision for a joke club.

After this happened, Griffiths sent my mate a DM on Twitter asking if this ever came to anything, could my mate act as a character witness (they played together when they were younger). Absolutely no shame. 

"here mate, I've just been racist to a boy of your background, could you be my little Asian bitch and back up that I'm not racist because I'm pals with you?"

Rat.

Fucking hell, what a brass neck.

On 11/01/2017 at 4:44 AM, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

The wee willie flasher Forest not only was warned once but warned a second time and his case was also dropped, That's also twice now the thumb has got off scot free,Megan McFadden posted sectarian abuse and was dropped and no punishment.

Something very suspect about our judicial system when it comes to the unwashed and we don't need to ask why.

Yes mate .Think a lot of bears are twigging now especially after the cup final scandal 

fucking reeks 

and it's the Rebel from now on .right ?