Best Goalkeeper of All Time

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Strange, given their dominance at club level lately, that no-one has put forward any Spanish keepers. Haven't really rated any either. Used to think French keepers tended to be bombscares , Barthaez ffs, but Loris at Spurs is competent and it's between him and Courtois for the current best in EPL.

5 minutes ago, reallyruff said:

Strange, given their dominance at club level lately, that no-one has put forward any Spanish keepers. Haven't really rated any either. Used to think French keepers tended to be bombscares , Barthaez ffs, but Loris at Spurs is competent and it's between him and Courtois for the current best in EPL.

I still think De Gea is the best in the league but your post did just make me realise how much Man Utd must have improved because we're not seeing De Gea have to bail them out every week.

13 minutes ago, reallyruff said:

Casillas????

6 minutes ago, JamieD said:

I still think De Gea is the best in the league but your post did just make me realise how much Man Utd must have improved because we're not seeing De Gea have to bail them out every week.

Fair point on his "anonymity", but the other two I mentioned are better keepers IMO.

1 minute ago, reallyruff said:

Good but not great, quite a few mistakes come readily to mind but relatively few match winning performances, of course I would have to allow for the fact he's playing for Real.

No chance. 

You're not the starting goalkeeper for arguably the greatest international team ever with 167 caps and have over 500 appearances with a plethora of honours for one of the best clubs in the with in Real Madrid without being great. 

Only Buffon is better.

Just now, In Dungeons Deep said:

No chance. 

You're not the starting goalkeeper for arguably the greatest international team ever with 167 caps and have over 500 appearances with a plethora of honours for one of the best clubs in the with in Real Madrid without being great. 

Only Buffon is better.

He was the best Spanish keeper of his age, no doubt at all, but that's coincidental with Spanish football as a whole being at it's zenith hence his haul of honours. He was hardly the most influential player in any of the teams he played in. His inclusion in the national team at times was controversial to put it mildly.

1 minute ago, Tamb said:

Frank Haffey or Stewart Kennedy., not getting a mention?

The 5-1 game was a total shambles.

Like Ally McLeod before him, Ormond was a total wanker and decided to take the game to them on their own ground and play five forwards, Dalglish Conn, Parlane, McDougall and Duncan.

Don Revie had a great England team, some really big names with lots of experience and they totally overwhelmed the remaining midfield and defence, picking shots at leisure and ripping us apart. 

A managerial disgrace that a helpless Stewart Kennedy took far too much of the blame and abuse for. 

Josef Dieter Maier (Sepp) was Bayerns keeper for years and won World and European Championship medals.
The one reason I took an interest in his career was somebody thought they heard the commentator say the Rangers fans had "set fire" to the German keeper,which sounded like "Sepp Maier".
This guy had the lot but had no chance against us in 72 as it was written in the stars.

I once read that Oliver Kahn did a charity event for kids where a certain amount would be donated for every penalty the kids scored against him. He saved every single one.

Even if that's not true, what it tells us about him is true.

Imagine playing in the same Bayern and Germany teams as Kahn, Effenberg and Matthaus at the same time. So much cuntery.

Just now, JamieD said:

I once read that Oliver Kahn did a charity event for kids where a certain amount would be donated for every penalty the kids scored against him. He saved every single one.

Even if that's not true, what it tells us about him is true.

horrible bastard just like Toni Schumacher

4 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

horrible bastard just like Toni Schumacher

Speaking of funny football anecdotes, I also read that Michel Platini thinks that game against Germany when Schumacher nearly killed Battiston and France got eliminated was "the most beautiful moment" of his career, probably just narrowly pipping Heysel to the top spot. Fucking weirdo.

991884-19308900-1600-900-e1432654834612.

Can't see past Buffon as being the best keeper of all time.

Goram,Schemeichel,Neuer,Khan are amongst the best i've ever seen

Honourable mentions to Peruzzi, Barthez, Seamen, Van Der Sar ,Zubizarreta, Cech, Casillas.

Zoff and Yashin were way before my time only seen very limited footage of them.