Best Goalkeeper of All Time

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Goram was an amazing keeper and the best we ever had IMO but if you were to ask folk outwith Rangers I doubt anyone would have him in their top ever keepers.

Tommy Burns would.

I've always wanted to visit Burns grave, to see what's actually written on his gravestone.

21 hours ago, JamieD said:

Buffon

There's no keeper I would have more confidence in against the filth than Andy Goram though, and I really mean that. Technical ability, athleticism, physical attributes, these are all poor substitutes for sheer blind hatred and will to humiliate.

That's a thread ender. 

3 hours ago, Gillete said:

Loved Bodo Ilgner

52 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Weirdly short career for a keeper. Retired from internationals at 27, from the game at 34.

I actually loved that World Cup winning team from 1990. That was my first World Cup as a kid I can remember. What a team that was, a real unit. 

Loved Klaus Augenthaler. Can always remember attending my first ever european game at ibrox v Bayern and he's hit a screamer into the top corner from about 30 yrd! 

Girvan lighthouse?  Big mcloy.

Jim Stewart 

Bonni. Ginzburg 

Only joking. Got.to be Goram. He was oustanding. . For a small rounded fellow he could certainly get.about that goal line. Stunning saves that had they happened anywhere.else it they would be played on a loop in.the sky studio for weeks at a time 

Hate.chec. . Champions league beat keeper for so many years. He was over rated. 

Chris woods was a. Cracking keeper too. Charbonnier  just made it look good for the cameras the same way ypu used to down the park in the pouring rain when.ypu were a lad. 

Casillas was one of my idols growing up. Made one of the greatest double saves I've ever seen against Sevilla (I think) saved the first, then the ball went across the face of goal and somehow managed to get across and save it. Incredible keeper and won everything as a captain. 

My dad said Goram was the best in Europe for a good bit also.