Diego Costa

3 hours ago, Henders82 said:

Same. I have one or two other clubs I'll watch on the TV if they are on but don't go out of my way at all anymore unless it's Rangers.

Started watching other sports. Getting into NFL this past season or two.

I like american football but Dan Carpenter, the placekicker for the Buffalo Bills, who I follow, makes $150,000 per game and all he does is kick field goals and punts a few times a game. I'm not sure how the NFL can appeal to you if money is ruining football for you :lol:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

Similar story with Messi. Wants paid the same as Suarez and Neymar who are on £21m a year. Messi is on £19m. I mean, come on. You really spitting the dummy out over that? 

Well yeah cos he's the best player. If you found out someone in your work was earning more then you when you are more of an asset you wouldn't be happy.

Regardless of the actual monetary wage if you deserve it you should get it.

8 hours ago, JamieD said:

I like american football but Dan Carpenter, the placekicker for the Buffalo Bills, who I follow, makes $150,000 per game and all he does is kick field goals and punts a few times a game. I'm not sure how the NFL can appeal to you if money is ruining football for you :lol:

Who you used to follow, Jamie! 

The English have a cheek. China are now doing to them what the English have been doing to everyone else for years and they don't like it. 

IMG_3110.JPG

And Yannick, Everton paid £30m for you so China are still playing catch up in the crazy league! 

8 hours ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

Similar story with Messi. Wants paid the same as Suarez and Neymar who are on £21m a year. Messi is on £19m. I mean, come on. You really spitting the dummy out over that? 

I probably wouldn't if my club was still paying to sponsor UNICEF rather than getting paid to advertise fucking Qatar airways, and I was the best player in history.

9 hours ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

Messi already gets more than the other two , he just wants more.

10 hours ago, JamieD said:

I agree to an extent but it's not the same in terms of transfers etc. You couldn't have a new franchise just pop up and start offering all the top players 5 times their current salary to move to them. With NFL, regardless of who you play for (am sure even Browns players as well) the end game is the Super Bowl.

Go Bills - seen them at Wembley in 2015!

11 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Well yeah cos he's the best player. If you found out someone in your work was earning more then you when you are more of an asset you wouldn't be happy.

Regardless of the actual monetary wage if you deserve it you should get it.

I get that mate. If i was earning £19m a year, i don't think id care too much though. Maybe because hes a barca fan, find it harder to swallow. We'd play for free.

2 minutes ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

I get that mate. If i was earning £19m a year, i don't think id care too much though. Maybe because hes a barca fan, find it harder to swallow. We'd play for free.

Nobody likes being taken for granted by their vastly wealthy employer, and why should they? Messi, of course, has done more than any player to generate the money that allows the club to pay massive transfer fees for and wages to his team-mates.

I expect football players become a lot less romantic about their club, even if they grew up supporting it, when they see how it is actually run and how its directors conduct themselves.

2 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Who will Chelsea get in as his replacement?

Griezman? 

Will the burst the bank for Sanchez?

Llorrente surely a short term fix.

Sanchez isn't a striker

Griezmann will be Man U bound 

Not much to choose from 

16 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

People criticising him are fucking idiots 

As if anyone would turn down a quadrupling in wages to do the same job :lol:

Get a grip

It is crazy money..and anyone giving Costa a tough time for wanting to earn 30m a Year must just be jealous..I don't see how the money the Chinese are throwing at footballers can ever be sustainable..

My employer just gave us a £1.05 a hour rise and whilst I didn't do a full Ravanelli..I was happy to take it..Costa can play 2 Seasons and bank 50m to enjoy the rest of his life with..I am contemplating getting a car..Big difference..but I ain't going to criticise Costa for wanting the move..

3 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Who will Chelsea get in as his replacement?

Griezman? 

Will the burst the bank for Sanchez?

Llorrente surely a short term fix.

They just spent 30 million on a striker who never gets a game. Time for that cunt to step up. Either that or Conte will just put Hazard up front and play Pedro and Willian on the wings.