BLUEDIGNITY

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Aye, what he said in the summer was "I think we haven't finished doing business yet and given the fact we are in the Premier League, it's a more competitive league, I think we'll keep more in reserve for January as well and just look at where we think we are league wise at that point in time."

That says to me (actually it says to everyone) we'll see where we are in January and we have money to spend if we need to.   What it doesn't say is "we'll spend in January".

We will finish second.  If Warburton thinks we have enough to finish second and get European football then the board's duty is to believe him.  If they don't, and they believe we need extra investment in playing staff then they don't trust the football manager and have to get rid.  Like I said, I believe we'll achieve that comfortably.  As for the January window?  Over-inflated panic buying is the general rule of thumb, with the odd exception.  It's not an opinion I've came up with to suit this discussion, it's always been my view.  Desperation because of a clubs mid-season situation drives prices up.   I don't think we need to "invest" until the summer, and I'd prefer investment is done then.  Broader choice, better value.

So we're in January and where are we ? Second place with the sheep biting our heels and most likely to overtake us if they win their game in hand and with better GD, if we had been 6 or more points clear I would agree that we don't need to panic.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Well as you seem to have your crystal ball out, do want to give us a figure that should be made available to the manger in the summer that would sufficient?

Considering we haven't felt the need to spend the reserve kept back from last summer in this January window that should give the manager a nice wee sum. 

Correct.  Anything held back for January that we don't need should be available for the summer.  I don't have a figure...£100m is being bandied about as not enough so anything north of that. :rangers:

Whoever at Ibrox put him in front of the press should be dismissed immediately and him along with his boss should be emptied also. What an embarrassing thing to say for any professional never mind one speaking about their greatest and bitterest of rivals. From his own words this article tells me all I need to know about DW. He is the disaster I thought he would be when MW was appointed.  

Humiliating for the Rangers fans the absolute crap coming out of the club just now. 

Just now, minstral said:

Where we are losing out is getting no money from the Ashley deal due to the boycott of Sports Direct shops. While people boycott, the wide boys are making money selling fake gear called the Lionbrand, and the club gets nothing.

This is it we are needing to reign in the money all the Profiteers are taking away from the club in the name of being the best supporters.

42 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Get the rights issue sorted out ( the AGM was months ago, the rights issue was voted through, why is it not in the pipeline yet)?

We don't need anywhere near 100m ( i know he didn't say that we did) but we need large investment.

Gogzy, as far as I'm aware the rights issue was defeated at the AGM because, for example, Ally McCoist didn't vote in it. Did I get that wrong? I don't frequent the Boardroom anymore.

13 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Correct.  Anything held back for January that we don't need should be available for the summer.  I don't have a figure...£100m is being bandied about as not enough so anything north of that. :rangers:

So you don't have a figure you think we need, but you want to have a go that Bears who see the immediate to spend at least 5/10 mill. 

Good to know. ?

7 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Gogzy, as far as I'm aware the rights issue was defeated at the AGM because, for example, Ally McCoist didn't vote in it. Did I get that wrong? I don't frequent the Boardroom anymore.

It failed by a small margin if the board had pushed for it or publicised the need for it even they could have got it through.

31 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I can only assume that the people that are so annoyed at what's he's saying here haven't read past the headline. 

All he's saying is that spending huge sums of money doesn't guarantee success, and that a long term strategy focusing on youth is the way forward.

It's a sensible strategy, and was the strategy that everyone said they wanted when we got demoted; everyone said they wanted when Warburton was appointed; and - in a fashion typical of our support - a strategy they want abandoned when we're not competitive immediately. 

I'm honestly stunned at how many of our support seem to think that this should be easy.

I agree with you CP. I was actually stunned at how many people on here wanted to be sent to the lower divisions and acted like it would be a good old jolly for a few years where we would rip through the leagues winning 10-0 every match and emerge with a team of world class 21 year olds....

However I'm frustrated that MW hasn't been given the money to sign a couple of very good 20ish players that would be sold next year for a profit. The plan was for Waggy, Forrester, Tav, Wes, Windass to fill those roles I'm guessing but they were decent but cheap players.

I think we are going about things the right way, but I think we need an initial investment and time to get it right. Sadly we don't have either and I suspect more will be impatient on here next season as it becomes obvious we won't win the title then either.

Maybe I'm doing our fans a disservice and they'll cheer up if we sign the likes of that Villa lad on a Bosman, but I doubt it.

if Davie weir is saying rangers aren't guaranteed anything with £100 million then its absolutely even more clearer then before he said it that Warburton and weir don't have a fucking clue that kind of money should have rangers winning title after title after title and doing very nicely in Europe also

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So you don't have a figure you think we need, but you want to have a go that Bears who see the immediate to spend at least 5/10 mill. 

Good to know. ?

What a stupid post...you don't half twist shite into spaghetti.  You could spend £5m and be successful or £20m and fail.

And you don't necessarily need to spend anything in transfer outlay...get players at end of contract and pay them a mint.  From your twisted agenda perspective would that count as "investing in the squad"?

2 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

What a stupid post...you don't half twist shite into spaghetti.  You could spend £5m and be successful or £20m and fail.

And you don't necessarily need to spend anything in transfer outlay...get players at end of contract and pay them a mint.  From your twisted agenda perspective would that count as "investing in the squad"?

Your the one that won't give us a number you think the management deserve and need this summer. ?

34 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I can only assume that the people that are so annoyed at what's he's saying here haven't read past the headline. 

All he's saying is that spending huge sums of money doesn't guarantee success, and that a long term strategy focusing on youth is the way forward.

It's a sensible strategy, and was the strategy that everyone said they wanted when we got demoted; everyone said they wanted when Warburton was appointed; and - in a fashion typical of our support - a strategy they want abandoned when we're not competitive immediately. 

I'm honestly stunned at how many of our support seem to think that this should be easy.

It's mental.  Read headline, affirm previously held intransigent opinion and attack.

The youth dream was never going to work in the lower divisions anyway...you'd only find out if they were good enough for the top division once we got there.  And look where the likes of wonderboy Crawford etc are now...Only two decent came through from that crop, one still here and ironically, one where our manager came from.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Your the one that won't give us a number you think the management deserve and need this summer. ?

*You're.

There isn't a number, a number doesn't guarantee success.  I don't want to hear one either emanating from the club...

4 or 5 of the right quality signings in the summer could cost us £5m or £20m or nothing.  I'd rather the investment went into salary than transfer fee.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I get what your saying about experience, but for me experience means players 28/29/30 who have been playing top flight football for 10 years and are ready to be the spine of your team for 4/5 years. Not 2 players who really should be retiring, 1 player who had hardly kicked a ball and was struggling with fitness and another who was a massive gamble and it blew up in our face. 

There doesn't seem to be any coordinated plan for the future and it's just stumble from one transfer window to the next. 

It's all the skinflints can afford mate but we're going for 55.

55 points behind

25 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I agree with you CP. I was actually stunned at how many people on here wanted to be sent to the lower divisions and acted like it would be a good old jolly for a few years where we would rip through the leagues winning 10-0 every match and emerge with a team of world class 21 year olds....

However I'm frustrated that MW hasn't been given the money to sign a couple of very good 20ish players that would be sold next year for a profit. The plan was for Waggy, Forrester, Tav, Wes, Windass to fill those roles I'm guessing but they were decent but cheap players.

I think we are going about things the right way, but I think we need an initial investment and time to get it right. Sadly we don't have either and I suspect more will be impatient on here next season as it becomes obvious we won't win the title then either.

Maybe I'm doing our fans a disservice and they'll cheer up if we sign the likes of that Villa lad on a Bosman, but I doubt it.

In fairness to the "how many people on here", I think the board took the same view - let's just romp back up the leagues and let's not bother about who we employ on the playing & coaching staff and at what cost.  What we are paying for today is the lack of investment over those years - years when promoting younger players to cut their teeth against lower league opposition might just have been paying dividends now that we are in the top flight.

Let's be honest if we are trying to follow the scum model of  "pick up raw guys for relative buttons and sell them on mega bucks" we're not exactly covering ourselves in glory.  If you sold all the players you name, how much in total would we get and what sort of team would we be left with.   You can't rip the heart out of the team to cash in and expect it to be business as usual on the pitch thereafter.

As I said above, I really wonder whether those at the helm on and off the pitch know what they are doing.  

If this is where we are - and basically every article I have seen in the last week is about us not spending - then MW and DW are working with their hands tied behind their back. I dont envy them that job and we are probably lucky we have people such as MW and DW at the helm. Theres no guarantee anybody else would take the job or fair any better given the circumstances. This may be the best we can get.

However, anybody that believed DK before he took over has been sold up the river. He has got his position with not even 15% of the shares based on deception and lies. We are going to stumble along like this till his kids get their inheritance.

I think maybe its time to accept the fact that the management team are doing the best they can under the circumstances - a job they signed up for knowing those circumstances. 

Its DK we should be directing our ire at - not MW and DW.

Most of the posts on here say what most Rangers fans must be thinking. 

I like big Davie but that was a hellish defeatist interview, imagine any player reading that. It must make them think, oh well we have got years to catch selick, no need to try too hard. :facepalm:

We all know what Davie meant about the £100M but again it is a nonsense we do not need anywhere near that amount to be competing with them, but it puts out a statement that we should not worry about any investment because we are not trying to work to any timescale that involves any serious money at the moment.  Well that is bullshit Davie, why can we not build youth but also invest in a few players that would make us competitive now. 

We are Rangers not some lower division club. We should not forget that. 

36 minutes ago, Smile said:

It failed by a small margin if the board had pushed for it or publicised the need for it even they could have got it through.

Which makes you wonder if the board actually wanted it to go through.

sounds daft doesn't it but ken bates used to block similar things at Leeds Utd.

if it was a percentage like mccoists which would've got it passed then I'm sure king and Murray would've made sure indirectly that he voted it through. We're just saddled with a bunch of cunts who can't spend anything what's nearly required and don't want to lose any shareholding.