A New Manager

five stars

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Wrong players, his players. Comparison with Delia, another imposter and thus far has learned fuck all.

You've just proven he is clueless.

Not clueless, just didn't expect what was coming. Tavenier was one of our best players last year, the skills he and Wallace used to get past players were sublime, but now he's the worst player in the league. Holt was great last year with his ball retention and late runs into the box now my wee 4 year old could push him off the ball. He brought in cover for right back good choice, he brought in kranjcar thinking he would add creativity and great final passes (good choice unlucky to have picked up the worst injury of his career) he tried to shore up the midfield with the next Gerrard and the best player in the championship known as a ball winning midfielder.  A great target man to hold the ball up all great additions on paper and plug gaps we have. It's not his fault Barton couldn't cope with the pressure or kranjcar/rossiter have been out injured.  It's not his fault our team of last year have been shite and it's not his fault teams want to beat us more than anything with such a hatred.  The only thing Warburton is guilty of is not being able to deal with the pressure or demands this season. He can't give any players a good run to find optimum form and the players are being greedy when they get a chance in the team and making wrong decisions.

If he was to drop Holt and halliday and play toral and hyndman as well as dodoo upfront we would get goals

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

I honestly laugh at most of the people on here who want rid of Warburton. His footballing philosophy is the right one, the youth set up is right the only thing he has got wrong is the players to pull it off. At brentford he had the money to bring in players that made the system work. He is smart enough to learn from his mistakes, we need patience. 

If ronny was still in charge at the big jock new camp it would have been a different season. This season was always going to be tough but judge him at the end of next season. 

We are Rangers but you can't compare this squad with the pre 2012 squad or expect the same results. 

Can I ask what you think is going to change next season?

You also claim if delia was in charge of them it would be different but Brenda has only added a couple of players to the same squad delia had. 

So a change of manager can make a lot of difference to a squad of players it would appear. 

6 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Can I ask what you think is going to change next season?

You also claim if delia was in charge of them it would be different but Brenda has only added a couple of players to the same squad delia had. 

So a change of manager can make a lot of difference to a squad of players it would appear. 

I domt disagree with you you have a point, but to Rodgers men that's getting the points and the team have a new belief. Our squad has the belief bt not the capabilities. 

Next season I believe Warburton will bring in better players and strengthen our weak areas. 

I obviously can't prove it but it's my opinion

1 hour ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

I domt disagree with you you have a point, but to Rodgers men that's getting the points and the team have a new belief. Our squad has the belief bt not the capabilities. 

Next season I believe Warburton will bring in better players and strengthen our weak areas. 

I obviously can't prove it but it's my opinion

I get what your saying mate, the thing I can't understand is where is he going to get these players with no real money. 

14 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I get what your saying mate, the thing I can't understand is where is he going to get these players with no real money. 

No real money for a January transfer wiūndow, his target was second place and he is easily going to achieve that. Most bears issues lies with being so far off the scum which does make me spew but as long as we are the second best this season then objective complete. 

With a bigger income this summer and the chance of European football I see the board giving more money than last summer, then even more the next. Small steps but no big  initial overlay which makes sense tbh. 

Too many people are stuck in the now scenario but the management and board have a plan in place.

Everything has to be done gradual even tho I too would love us to spend 15 in one window and be better than them but the risk is too high

2 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

No real money for a January transfer window, his target was second place and he is easily going to achieve that. Most bears issues lies with being so far off the scum which does make me spew but as long as we are the second best this season then objective complete. 

With a bigger income this summer and the chance of European football I see the board giving more money than this last summer, then even more the next. Small steps but no big  initial overlay which makes sense tbh. 

Second place is not handed out in January how do we know he will achieve that.

3 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

No real money for a January transfer window, his target was second place and he is easily going to achieve that. Most bears issues lies with being so far off the scum which does make me spew but as long as we are the second best this season then objective complete. 

With a bigger income this summer and the chance of European football I see the board giving more money than this last summer, then even more the next. Small steps but no big  initial overlay which makes sense tbh. 

Does the board have enough faith in this guy to give him money  i dont

Would love a new manager but not just a new manager for the sake of it - similar to potential transfer targets the person you've got in mind has to be considerably better than what you've currently got.

Who that manager could be? I've no idea. That's not a cop-out, I've genuinely no idea who's available and/or interested. That's why we've got arseholes like Stewart Robertson and his massive wages for. 

Warburton has some good points about him but not all of these good points are what we need in a Rangers manager right now. Sadly. 

Things won't get better, either. 

Just now, Bellshill_Bear said:

Correct - I'm basing my opinion on the fact we are the second best team in the league and brought in 2 quality players.

Hopefully, we do finish second my worry would be how we collapsed at the end of last season, we need to finish second or we are fucked we have to much debt out and are gambling on Europe to survive.

If we had £2.5m a season to get a 'top' (comparatively speaking) manager, and £3-4m fees and £30k per week to throw at individual players then fair enough. Replace him. But the bottom line is that we don't. 

People keep bringing up Walter Smith as a replacement or a short-term fix, but he requires money to have success. He spent £30m+ in his second spell, and had a list of 'failures' in the transfer market as long as my arm. And even he let us down at times (e.g. 10 in a row, Kaunas, UEFA cup final). People have really short memories signing the likes of James Beattie, playing Andy Little at RB or Charlie Adam left mid and the mind numbingly poor to watch football we played. 

Ultimately we don't have the funds to support a manager like him, and without money someone who develops players is what we need. King and the board are the real villains here, not Warburton. 

And to those that keep throwing the 'he won't change his formation, won't change his style' - go and watch the games. We've went 4-3-3, 4-5-1, 4-2-3-1 and 3-5-2 at different point this season. We've also switched it up and gone much more direct. 

We're second, where we should be at the moment with a squad of freebies, journeymen pros and youngsters having spent pennies. Until we spend, we won't see success. 

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Hopefully, we do finish second my worry would be how we collapsed at the end of last season, we need to finish second or we are fucked we have to much debt out and are gambling on Europe to survive.

Not sure about gambling on Europe. Firstly I'm not convinced we'll be allowed to compete. But even if we do I really can't see us getting through 4 ties before the group stages.

So I don't see a massive amount of additional revenue. The main thing Europe will do is convince some unhappy Bears to renew STs

But if King doesn't put in some money soon, then I think it'll take more than a few games against FC Whothefukryu, to get all the fans to cough up again

Just now, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I'd be happy if we brought Alex mcleish back, lived on a shoe string budget before and has been around a few leagues where he might get us some quality cheap signings. 

Our next manager needs the experience and knowledge that Warburton clearly lacks. 

McLeish who finished 3rd, with a budget 2 or 3 times our current size? 

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

If we had £2.5m a season to get a 'top' (comparatively speaking) manager, and £3-4m fees and £30k per week to throw at individual players then fair enough. Replace him. But the bottom line is that we don't. 

People keep bringing up Walter Smith as a replacement or a short-term fix, but he requires money to have success. He spent £30m+ in his second spell, and had a list of 'failures' in the transfer market as long as my arm. And even he let us down at times (e.g. 10 in a row, Kaunas, UEFA cup final). People have really short memories signing the likes of James Beattie, playing Andy Little at RB or Charlie Adam left mid and the mind numbingly poor to watch football we played. 

Ultimately we don't have the funds to support a manager like him, and without money someone who develops players is what we need. King and the board are the real villains here, not Warburton. 

And to those that keep throwing the 'he won't change his formation, won't change his style' - go and watch the games. We've went 4-3-3, 4-5-1, 4-2-3-1 and 3-5-2 at different point this season. We've also switched it up and gone much more direct. 

We're second, where we should be at the moment with a squad of freebies, journeymen pros and youngsters having spent pennies. Until we spend, we won't see success. 

How much did Smith spend that January he came back though and steadied the mess Le Guen left? 2 million for Kevin Thomson fair enough but the other additions were Weir on a free and Ugo on a free to shore up the defence.

That's all it takes short-term to get tightened up and get this lot organised and playing to their strengths. 

The money you mention came afterwards to push on from that and 30m is a deceptive figure - that was spread over 4 seasons. That's not unresonable for a club our size, turnover, fanbase and ambition - or shouldn't be.

1 minute ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I'd be happy if we brought Alex mcleish back, lived on a shoe string budget before and has been around a few leagues where he might get us some quality cheap signings. 

Our next manager needs the experience and knowledge that Warburton clearly lacks. 

McCliesh  was also in a position to sign players last time round.

Just now, Smile said:

McCliesh  was also in a position to sign players last time round.

I was referring to the season where he only spent about £3 million. 

I know it's harder times now but I'd much rather have mcleish in charge than Warburton. 

Warburtons signings as a whole have been poor and his reluctance to scour the full market is costing us more. I have no doubt we could've got a better striker than garner for the money we spent if he looked abroad.

I wouldn't take McLeish back ..

3rd in a 2-horse race. Don't buy that myth about Hearts being amazing - they were the best Hearts team since probably 1992 but 2/3 good players aside they weren't anything mouth-watering.

Was it 8 Old Firm games without a win and not scoring in about 5/6 of them?

In 2006 we went something like 10 games without a win - an all-time low for any Rangers manager/team.

Of course he brought us some great days - the double in his first six months, treble in his first full season and the last 16 of the Champions League (even if it was with the lowest points total) but McLeish made some horrific buys. He did well with wee Advocaat's team and Helicopter Sunday for all it was amazing and we kept plugging away, Celtic fucked it. Let's be honest - that's part of the fun of it.

I've not got a short memory Eck's time was up - I was dying for him to leave.

5 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I was referring to the season where he only spent about £3 million. 

I know it's harder times now but I'd much rather have mcleish in charge than Warburton. 

Warburtons signings as a whole have been poor and his reluctance to scour the full market is costing us more. I have no doubt we could've got a better striker than garner for the money we spent if he looked abroad.

I agree one thing about McCliesh is he knows other markets rather than just England.