Rab Douglas

bluedylan

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

Why does everyone hate Rab Douglas so much? He's probably earned Rangers more Old Firm wins than anyone else :lol: 

Sadly missed form that perspective. Recall him chucking the ball over his head (Novo or Vignal)

Think he made a glorious cunt of it v Porto as well if memory serves me right. 

I admit I'm no accountant but what pisses me off about this is the difference in how this is being treated with regards to the football clubs. 

Rangers participated in a scheme allowing players bonuses to be paid In a way that limited income tax, if Celtic allowed payments to be directed to a false company set up by players so they can then direct that payment into a tax scheme, why is that any different. If Celtic paid tax on the bonuses and then the player reclaimed it back via this unlawful scheme then I could understand the difference but if not there's none. There would of also had to be some sort of side letter organised at the onset of the contract allowing the payment to be sent without PAYE, when it would of been obvious that it was payment due to services from playing football. 

18 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I admit I'm no accountant but what pisses me off about this is the difference in how this is being treated with regards to the football clubs. 

Rangers participated in a scheme allowing players bonuses to be paid In a way that limited income tax, if Celtic allowed payments to be directed to a false company set up by players so they can then direct that payment into a tax scheme, why is that any different. If Celtic paid tax on the bonuses and then the player reclaimed it back via this unlawful scheme then I could understand the difference but if not there's none. There would of also had to be some sort of side letter organised at the onset of the contract allowing the payment to be sent without PAYE, when it would of been obvious that it was payment due to services from playing football. 

Was thinking that myself. Taxes are being dodged one way or the other no matter how you dress it up  yet the BBC can make a programme about Rangers that caused us massive damage yet this mob are getting off scot free and no one bats an eyelid. 

33 minutes ago, centenarystand said:

Was thinking that myself. Taxes are being dodged one way or the other no matter how you dress it up  yet the BBC can make a programme about Rangers that caused us massive damage yet this mob are getting off scot free and no one bats an eyelid. 

Exactly. It seems to be the case with the legal EBT scheme that PAYE should of been payed before participation of said scheme due to the judges view that it was services done for the company. Why then was scum fc not paying PAYE for the same services instead putting the money into a false company set up by the player with the only objective to limit income tax. If Celtic payed taxes on the payments and the player then reclaimed the tax I can understand the difference but I suspect that wasn't how it worked. Could scum have afforded the superstar that is Rab Douglas ? if it wasn't for the side letters claiming bonuses to be paid into his tax avoidance company without PAYE  

To be fair tax avoidance is/should be the least of this vile clubs worries but at least a bit of fair reporting from the msm wouldn't go amiss.