Oliver Burke tips Barrie McKay to win big-money move

Gary1999RFC

OLIVER BURKE reckons there’s every chance Barrie McKay can become the next big money Scottish transfer.

The 22-year-old was the only Rangers player to trouble RB Leipzig in Sunday’s friendly match in Germany

To win the game on my first start in the Red Bull Arena was a great feeling for me.

“Scoring against Glasgow Rangers is a good feeling too.

“It was a great atmosphere as well, which was nice.

The winger is undoubtedly back to his best, drawing praise too from Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers after Gers’ 2-1 defeat in the Hogmanay Old Firm derby.

Burke, who broke the Scottish transfer record when he made his life-changing £13million switch to the Bundesliga in August, believes that his Scotland team-mate has the talent to take him to the top.

Burke said: “Barrie played very well and had a good match against us.

“I don’t know him all that well, but he is capable of anything he wants to do. He’s a good quality player and I believe if he keeps working hard and keeps showing what he’s capable of then he could play at the top level in England.

“I don’t see why not. If he continues playing his game for Rangers, anything is possible. He’s a great player and he’s shown that.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/449446/oliver-burke-tips-rangers-star-barrie-mckay-to-win-big-money-move-out-of-Scotland/

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love the wee man, has such natural ability. Just needs to find consistency and we have a hell of a player on our hands.

He has so much going for him, but his first touch is absolutely sublime.

18 months remaining, we need to get him a new deal asap.

Wingers and consistency - is an enigma.

The thing about them is that they can be having a quiet/bad game and then out of nowhere one flash of brilliance ................you have to tolerate the fact that they get closely marked, largely play in cul de sacs and doubled up on frequently.

In the here and now current evaluations can be harsh. But history is always kind to their type. 

Anyone remember a guy called Davie Cooper? Consistent? 

17 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Wingers and consistency - is an enigma.

The thing about them is that they can be having a quiet/bad game and then out of nowhere one flash of brilliance ................you have to tolerate the fact that they get closely marked, largely play in cul de sacs and doubled up on frequently.

In the here and now current evaluations can be harsh. But history is always kind to their type. 

Anyone remember a guy called Davie Cooper? Consistent? 

Aye the Davie Cooper that ripped Rangers apart ,single -handedly, for Clydebank. Took us two Cup replays to overcome him and he scored in every game. He was younger than McKay is now and playing against one of Rangers greatest ever teams.

If McKay reaches the Cooper level of inconsistency god knows what his value will be.

39 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Barrie was pish a few months back now he's great again.

It's a trend that keeps going

Unfortunately that's the only thing holding him back. He's far too inconsistent. He made Lustig and a few more of their international players look like amateurs at times but in the 5-1 game couldn't have looked a bigger shitebag.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If he can find a final ball, toughen up a lot, keep his performance on a consistent level.

Then I agree the world is at his feet and we won't need a loan to keep the lights on. 

He needs to toughen up quick, he's 22 now.

I wish he was always direct instead of turning back looking for a pass. He has the ability to beat most defenders in this league and he's not the slowest either.

Bit of confidence and he could be worth a lot more.

3 minutes ago, quabba said:

He needs to toughen up quick, he's 22 now.

I wish he was always direct instead of turning back looking for a pass. He has the ability to beat most defenders in this league and he's not the slowest either.

Bit of confidence and he could be worth a lot more.

Would like to see him play in the middle more so he has the choice to go either way.