Oliver Burke tips Barrie McKay to win big-money move

Gary1999RFC

2 minutes ago, quabba said:

He needs to toughen up quick, he's 22 now.

I wish he was always direct instead of turning back looking for a pass. He has the ability to beat most defenders in this league and he's not the slowest either.

Bit of confidence and he could be worth a lot more.

The game against the Taigs and Sundays game just proved he has what we need and thats someone who can open a team up. The rest of the team has to have the confidence to move forward with him. I dont think that happens.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we brought in another 22 year old who played like Barrie on his game we'd be raving.

I'm a little surprised that other clubs haven't been sniffing about him. Hopefully he'll sign a new contract and be with us for a while but if he goes I'd expect £5m or so given his potential. If he was more consistent then, yes, he be in Ra Sellic players £10m price bracket.

2 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

The game against the Taigs and Sundays game just proved he has what we need and thats someone who can open a team up. The rest of the team has to have the confidence to move forward with him. I dont think that happens.

yeah it does show what he's capable of. The team sometimes pass the ball to death. More direct play would open up things a lot more than they do just now.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Would like to see him play in the middle more so he has the choice to go either way. 

Seem to remember him playing there last season against Falkirk?, the 1st half we should have been 4 or 5 ahead, he was class!, then the usual they cunts scored and we end up losing 3-2.

but aye definitely love him to play the number 10 role behind the main striker 

2 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Cannae beat a bheggar throwing patronising compliments about our players when they don't think we are a threat just to mix it up a bit! 

IMG_4980.PNG

How exactly is Ollie Burke a 'bheggar', Sherlock?

"...he joined local club... Rangers aged eight."

He's our best player by far. Hope he doesn't leave any time soon but if he goes to a club with good players around him he will shine. Better get a sell on clause added to any buying club cause he has the potential to get better and better and command a high transfer in the over inflated English market 

4 hours ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

How come the press aren't saying he is a £10m player? Thought that was the standard price for a good player or is that just if they play for the scum

For that to happen, it needs our manager, assistant or senior board member to respond to that report with something like "If Barrie keeps progressing the way he is then he really can be a superstar.  it would take something north of £20m to buy his kind of talent down south right now."

I thought Burke comes from a Rangers supporting family . As previously said the press come with an angle and set the questions from there. Regarding McKay I think if he is not away this window he will be away in the Summer. Given the level of fees in England even if he goes then we should be looking for a minimum of £5 mil. If he does go then good luck to him . He has done us well and I wonder how Kilmarnock would feel given they released him 

2 hours ago, He's blue he's white said:

Aa some have already mentioned,  if he can bulk up a bit - put in a tackle and work on his final delivery then he will be worth some cash.  

Right now,  not anymore than 1/1.5mil.

Lol

4 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If he can find a final ball, toughen up a lot, keep his performance on a consistent level.

Then I agree the world is at his feet and we won't need a loan to keep the lights on. 

I doubt we are in a strong position to be tough in negotiating a price for him and every club on the planet knows it.

If he is consistent until the end of the season, yes he will be gone, but I doubt it would be for any more than £5mil and king won't be able to resist.

Said it many a time the Wee guy is totally wasted out wide. His failings are obvious but nothing proper coaching wouldn't improve. First touch, quick feet ,turn of pace over 10 yards and the ability to slip others in. He's got all the natural attributes of a quality No.10. Granted he's far from the finished article but could and should be used to far greater effect in this team.