Barrie McKay Wanted

Bluebear11

5 minutes ago, B1872 said:

How do you know?

Aw fuck thought I put it in 

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/rangers-ace-barrie-mckay-flattered-9646809?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

this article from today, McKay doesn't seem the sly type so I tend to take what he says at face value.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS, this is clearly lazy journalism :lol: 

Burke: "McKay can win a big money move like I did",

Same day, SSN come up with this random report on the back of Barrie being asked about Burke's comment. If there was any truth in it SSN would name at least 1 club. 

McKay is a great wee player and I have no doubt a big money bid will come in for him some day....but I'm willing to bet there's fuck all truth in this 'story'.

36 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

I think that's a crazily low price. He's a 3m+ player even now in our predicament. If he gets a move we must absolutely have a substantial sell on in there because he is well on his way to making a real name for himself. 

He's only got 18 months left on his deal and that's significant when it comes to any negotiations - just look at Sanchez & Ozil down South.

If a bid comes in and he wants to make a move and we play hardball over what we want for him then he (or maybe his agent) can just sit it out until the Summer and then they have effectively got us over a barrel because we find ourselves in a position where we are forced to sell or he leaves for nothing.

The board will bite the hand off for £2 million then replace him with a couple of injured rejects from Basildon Utd.

He's worth £5,000,000 currently cause he plays in the Scottish Premier but if he moves to the EPL he could easily be sold for £20,000,000 + due to his age, the league exposure and the silly money down there.

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

He's only got 18 months left on his deal and that's significant when it comes to any negotiations - just look at Sanchez & Ozil down South.

If a bid comes in and he wants to make a move and we play hardball over what we want for him then he (or maybe his agent) can just sit it out until the Summer and then they have effectively got us over a barrel because we find ourselves in a position where we are forced to sell or he leaves for nothing.

Even allowing for his contract situation 1.5 - 2m is low. If we set the bar at that level on out best assets what hope do we have.  We should be concentrating all of our efforts on tying him down to a further year and in the summer if he wants to go ask for proper money.  

I'm sure we will have replacement options in mind but January is no time to be trying to get those deals done unless we tie down a Bosman now on a pre contract 

Boy will ruin his career if he moves to the EPL. He's no where near ready for playing at that level consistently enough to get a regular game. He'll end up fading away like so many other good players.

It's a lot of shite anyway but he's worth more to us as we need to build a good side. I'd be happier hearing he got a Rangers tattoo and signed a new deal. We've not had a decent winger for years and wingers are what make football good.

Any suitors can go to fuck. There is only one club in Glasgow that chases money like a smack head hooker. Fuck flogging our best players if we can avoid it. I'll chuck King and the rest of them out the door myself if they sell this kid. Would have to be crazy money.

21 minutes ago, 'nessBear said:

The board will bite the hand off for £2 million then replace him with a couple of injured rejects from Basildon Utd.

He's worth £5,000,000 currently cause he plays in the Scottish Premier but if he moves to the EPL he could easily be sold for £20,000,000 + due to his age, the league exposure and the silly money down there.

This is the worry sell high buy cheap pish to replace him.

Should be looking to keep players like this, fuck the money. If they are talking about 20 plus million for that dick Dembele then wee Barrie has to be worth more than 3/4/5 million.

We have no one like him at the club and imo would be a mistake getting rid of him, crazy money will not come in for him so dont sell. He is the one player we have to keep.

18 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

Even allowing for his contract situation 1.5 - 2m is low. If we set the bar at that level on out best assets what hope do we have.  We should be concentrating all of our efforts on tying him down to a further year and in the summer if he wants to go ask for proper money.  

I'm sure we will have replacement options in mind but January is no time to be trying to get those deals done unless we tie down a Bosman now on a pre contract 

If a bid comes in and he wants to go he's not going to do us a favour and sign a new deal bow before moving on the summer. He will go now regardless of how hard we try to keep him.

I want McKay to stay with us but if a bid comes in he's off and it won't be for anywhere near as much as it should be.

People made these same arguments about MacLeod, and to a lesser extent, Jelavic and they both went for far less than they were worth and unfortunately McKay will be no different.

Until we properly sort our finances out we aren't going to be playing hardball with anybody or getting what our players are worth.