Marco van Basten's proposed changes to football

He wants to:

• Scrap the offside rule
  • Replace the penalty shootout with a "take-on challenge" (see link for more info)
  • Scrap the rule of giving a red card to a player who deliberately prevents a goal using his hand
  • Bring in a rule that states only the captain of each side can speak to the referee
  • Introduce a "basketball-style" fouling system where a player who commits 5 fouls has to leave the field
  • Reduce the number of games each team has to play domestically each season
  • Increase the number of substitutions
  • Stamp out time wasting to make the last 10 minutes of games flow better.

Some horrendous suggestions there IMO.  Admittedly there are some rules and regulations that need tweaking to improve things, but suggesting a change to the whole structure of the game is ridiculous from MVB.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2646253/the-eight-bizarre-rules-fifa-are-looking-to-introduce-to-change-football-forever-including-removing-the-offside-rule/  

allow trainers to come on to treat players while game flows. no offside was tried in a minor league somewhere everyone just went long. talking back to ref needs dealt with. a team has 30 secs to take a free kick max any  opposition player within 10 yards of ball is booked. better make sure you stand 15 yds away till ref says where 10 yds is. 

23 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

All 8 changes are awful 

Apart from do something about time wasting (however I have no idea what - although I want to kill players feigning injury at what can be the best part of the game ) I agree. Mentalist, great player. 

1 hour ago, rfc_watp said:

Surely the last one about stamping out time wasting in the last 10mins would be a good thing?

Incredibly frustrating and shite to watch. 

I would also like for there to be no subs allowed in injury time after the 90 mins are up, if a player gets injured in those extra minutes then to bad, either play on or get him off the park.

Most of that is utter bollocks but I would agree with one and add one other.

Stamp out time wasting to make the last 10 minutes of games flow better.

Players that continually dive or feign injury to gain an advantage should be banned with the same punishment as those that have been found guilty of violent conduct (eg a 2 or 3 or 4 match ban for deliberate feigning of injury).

Whatever the ban the player would have received had he actually done it should be what the offender gets for feigning.