trueblueal

McKay to Leipzig

246 posts in this topic

Think I'd take 7mill providing it was given all back to spend on team. It would go a long way imo

either that, or get him on an extension as he'd be worth more

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, OzGers said:

Think I'd take 7mill providing it was given all back to spend on team. It would go a long way imo

either that, or get him on an extension as he'd be worth more

The sun are saying he's to be offered a new deal 

£40million or they can get to fuck. 

Cheeky bastards. 

Seriously though, they paid £13m for a player from an English Champion relegation team who had only made something like 25 full professional appearances. Giving him a few caps and denying Barrie his chance is another SFA decision that could impact on Rangers. Isn't that unusual and surprising? 

4 people like this

Can't say Im surprised there is interest in Mckay, hes the 1 player in our squad with genuine talent and potential to reach a level above our situation.

Very ssurprised to see the figures being mentioned though. Anything around 5 million would be a great deal for us especially considering his contract situation. 

A sell on clause is a must. If he realises his full potential that would be a nice extra.

24 minutes ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

£40million or they can get to fuck. 

Cheeky bastards. 

Seriously though, they paid £13m for a player from an English Champion relegation team who had only made something like 25 full professional appearances. Giving him a few caps and denying Barrie his chance is another SFA decision that could impact on Rangers. Isn't that unusual and surprising? 

agree with this, if they paid £13m for burke, I would be asking the same for McKay. If they don't agree, fuck them

Anything between 5 & 7m would be a good deal with a few add ons & % of the sell on fee.

7m potentially rising to 10m with add ons and Olly Burke on loan until the end of the season (I don't think he gets a lot of game time, but I might be talking shite)

Leipzig in the future look like their going to be pretty shit hot, so many young players with talent getting to learn their craft. 

1 minute ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

7m potentially rising to 10m with add ons and Olly Burke on loan until the end of the season (I don't think he gets a lot of game time, but I might be talking shite)

Sunday was his first home start for Burke.

1 person likes this

We can't knock 5/6m back 

9 minutes ago, quabba said:

agree with this, if they paid £13m for burke, I would be asking the same for McKay. If they don't agree, fuck them

Nah.

They are buying potential with both.

Burke has been labelled the new Bale! Mates a forest fan and says he's going to be a 30m+ player (potentially). If Burke goes for 13m I'd imagine Barrie will be less.

No doubt if their interest was genuine we would be haggling them from £5 million down to around £2 million with no addons only to see him sign for an Everton or some other mediocre English side for around £10 a few years later.

The Martin Bain effect.

1 person likes this

Let's say they pay 7mil, how much will Warburton get to spend on new players?

1 person likes this

Take the money !!! and spend it wisely. 

He's one of the only ones I'd keep but sadly we're skint with no signs of that changing any time soon.  If any team offer £7m and a sell on clause I'd be surprised if we don't take it.  The player needs to agree too though and he's said the other day he's not interested. ££££££££££

My mate text me this within about 20 minutes of full time against them. I said it was shite then and I'll say the same now.

2 people like this

File under p for pish.

1 person likes this

Take it! The money will keep us going till the end of the season!

If this is true, does that mean red bull are technically investing in rangers? 😂😂😂 that Twitter bampots predication is coming true 👍

If we get an offer for £7mil plus a sell on % of any other transfer then we should take it . This is where we are and will be for a long time. We need to be going this type of thing on a regular basis to help fund the club , like those in the east end do. While I do not expect all the money to be reinvested in the first team what ever is should only be on younger players we could sell on , like McKay , for a profit . That's the main thing I have against the Joe Garner transfer , we will not be able to recoup any of the transfer fee due to his age , ignoring any performance issues 

24 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

He's one of the only ones I'd keep but sadly we're skint with no signs of that changing any time soon.  If any team offer £7m and a sell on clause I'd be surprised if we don't take it.  The player needs to agree too though and he's said the other day he's not interested. ££££££££££

Mckay and his agent have been working his ticket for a while now.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Mckay and his agent have been working his ticket for a while now.

If that's the case I hope we've got a good negotiator.