I suspected this would happen as McKay was one of the best players on show against Leipzig - I mean of all the players.

But surely we are only going to get £1-£2m offered if some of our fans on here yesterday are to be believed. :lol:

If I thought that the money, or even half the money, would be spent on new players, I'd be all for letting him go for around £6m. Fact is though, it'll probably disappear down a black hole and we'll never see the benefit, while losing our most exciting player.

you'd think at least 12million since we took it easy on them last week

56 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Nah.

They are buying potential with both.

Burke has been labelled the new Bale! Mates a forest fan and says he's going to be a 30m+ player (potentially). If Burke goes for 13m I'd imagine Barrie will be less.

Nah, if Burke has the potential to be a 30M  player then so does Barry. 13m for a relative unknown, should be paying the same for both.

53 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

Let's say they pay 7mil, how much will Warburton get to spend on new players?

No more than half of that as we have a 3m deficit. I've no problem with that model TBH 

15 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Mckay and his agent have been working his ticket for a while now.

Was it you who said at the time he signed his new deal that the short contract extension he signed was because he ultimately wants to move to England?

11 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Was it you who said at the time he signed his new deal that the short contract extension he signed was because he ultimately wants to move to England?

Yip.

20 minutes ago, quabba said:

Nah, if Burke has the potential to be a 30M  player then so does Barry. 13m for a relative unknown, should be paying the same for both.

Eh? Burke played well in the English Championship against decent teams - teams that would absolutely horse us any day of the week,

McKay has been shite all season bar first half against Celtic and the 2 games before that. 

I can't believe what I'm reading 10-12-13 million :lol: ... 5 million - take it. 

Before anyone says it about Celtic getting over the odds for their players - it's not the same thing. They players at least won league titles and played in the Champions League ... 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Eh? Burke played well in the English Championship against decent teams - teams that would absolutely horse us any day of the week,

McKay has been shite all season bar first half against Celtic and the 2 games before that. 

I can't believe what I'm reading 10-12-13 million :lol: ... 5 million - take it. 

Before anyone says it about Celtic getting over the odds for their players - it's not the same thing. They players at least won league titles and played in the Champions League ... 

fair enough but fuck all of that money would be spent on new players. Too late for this transfer window and the cash would be swallowed up by the next one. Lose our best player and get no improvement on the park, cause thats what would happen

Just now, quabba said:

fair enough but fuck all of that money would be spent on new players. Too late for this transfer window and the cash would be swallowed up by the next one. Lose our best player and get no improvement on the park, cause thats what would happen

That's true mate. It's OK saying take x amount but it needs to be reinvested (and wisely) ... good chance it won't be between King and Warburton. 

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That's true mate. It's OK saying take x amount but it needs to be reinvested (and wisely) ... good chance it won't be between King and Warburton. 

I don't even think Warburton would get the chance to reinvest it

Can't see them offering over £6m for a player that looked decent in a 4-0 thrashing. Unless they've been tracking him for a while (which I doubt). Usual Keith Jackson speculation. That guy has an appalling record of reporting our transfer business.

But hypothetically if he did go, I'd be interested to see how much (if any) would be re-invested in the team. 

30 minutes ago, quabba said:

I like your bargaining stance!

Burke was meant to be awesome at the start of the season in a league that is far superior to the SPL. I doubt he's unknown in footballing circles. 

If Barrie is bang in form between now and the end of the season, I think his stock will rise and the 5m we may get for him now, may be up at 7m+. He'll need to get tied down to a longer contract though and hope our board stand firm with a decent valuation.

Burke had a season in the English championship and went for 12 million.

McKay has played well for a season in the Scottish championship and about 3 games in the SPFL.

I'm all for demanding more money for our players but need to be realistic about it.

1 minute ago, Number5 said:

I like your bargaining stance!

Burke was meant to be awesome at the start of the season in a league that is far superior to the SPL. I doubt he's unknown in footballing circles. 

If Barrie is bang in form between now and the end of the season, I think his stock will rise and the 5m we may get for him now, may be up at 7m+. He'll need to get tied down to a longer contract though and hope our board stand firm with a decent valuation.

Agree, but only if its put back into the team. The fans will be really pissed off (more than they are now :lol:) if we get several million and it goes into a black hole or Kings pocket

Sold.Goodbye.

8 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Burke had a season in the English championship and went for 12 million.

McKay has played well for a season in the Scottish championship and about 3 games in the SPFL.

I'm all for demanding more money for our players but need to be realistic about it.

Trouble is folk on here simply are not.

We had folk at the start of the season saying he was a £10 million player and that was us just out the shit leagues.

The £7 million mentioned here is bull tae right enough, no one would offer more than 3 or 4 max for him because he's simply not done enough in football yet at a decent level.

7m brilliant news can warburton spend it effectively though?

I'd take £6m, don't think we'd get much more than that for him.

Probably bullshit though.

It's probably mischief making by the rebel, but I wouldn't dismiss it completely, as has been said before, they paid £13m for Burke who had only made 25 appearances (mostly as sub) for Nottingham Forrest, where although not the complete article by any means McKay does have a wealth of experience in comparison, so although that is an exceptional amount of money for us as a club in the current climate I wound honestly tell them to double it. 

5 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Trouble is folk on here simply are not.

We had folk at the start of the season saying he was a £10 million player and that was us just out the shit leagues.

The £7 million mentioned here is bull tae right enough, no one would offer more than 3 or 4 max for him because he's simply not done enough in football yet at a decent level.

He's had one full season in his whole career, the rest has all been sporadic appearances or coming on as a sub in games in shitey leagues.

I'm pretty sure if Leipzig wanted a new winger they could go out and get someone with more pedigree given the finances they have. IMO this story is bullshit and has only appeared because Warburton confirmed MOH to Hearts was pish.

Don't know how much truth there is in this rumour, but I certainly think we could do better than 3/4m.

The Robertson boy who went from Dundee United to Hull, probably had a similar path to Barrie, a decent season at lower tiers then a season in the SPL and he went for 3m or so (I do rate him and think he'll probably have a value now of 10m+).

Being an attacking player I think you could easily get 5m+ if you wait until the summer. 

Whatever people think to Barries lack of consistency, if obvious the boy has talent and could be a really cracking player, and for that potential people have to pay decent coin for it.