Gazza1212    573

An opportunity here for Warburton to show what he's made of. Personally I think the best thing for Rangers would be to offer the boy a contract extension and cash in big time next year,  but hey let's be honest there is no way this board is going to knock back £6 mil.

If I were Warburton I'd be making it public I'd sanction the sale only if every penny is reinvested back into this team. Do yourself some good Mark. Get the fans back on side and put the ball firmly back in Kings court to pony up.  Hes the guy with us all breathing down his neck after all who's also been left brutally exposed through lack of investment. Well if I were him I'd be telling the board McKay was playing with Raith before I came , that money's mine to see what I can achieve with it.

STEPPS BOY    9,948
18 minutes ago, AllyMcCoist said:

7m brilliant news can warburton spend it effectively though?

We have the best head of recruitment in the business.

Mr Soprano    5,679

£6 million, 15% sell on fee and another £1m if they make the last 16 of the Champions League would be where I'd like to start negotiating.

Don't think we'd get a better deal than that.

Creampuff    8,052

If true we'd be fools to reject it. 

That's a helluva lot of money for us. We could replace him, fix the defence, and sign a couple more for that.

The Monk    976

If it was reinvested in the playing squad then it would be a great deal. If we were to just sell, get another unproven loan player and actually be at risk of finishing 3rd then no way and wait till the summer. If true its a good offer but I`d always be cautious to accept a teams first offer, not sure if we could push our luck much further than that though.

DBBTB    7,019

Like I said in the other thread I wouldn't be surprised if we sell McKay and then get Nicholson from Hearts as his replacement.

kris1984    514
4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Like I said in the other thread I wouldn't be surprised if we sell McKay and then get Nicholson from Hearts as his replacement.

Would take that tbh, if we could use at least some of the money of a proper CB as well

Smile    12,257
4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Walker the player I'd take Nicholson has another bad injury and not as good.

The Monk    976

I guess we could also hope some nutjob English team takes notice of this and gets involved.

pcbear    3,532

I'm sure Barry is already a fluent German speaker so there will be no language problems.

Guest Lloyd72   
Guest Lloyd72

wouldn't even consider any bid under 9million tbh he's our best outfield player rn

4 hours ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

£40million or they can get to fuck. 

Cheeky bastards. 

Seriously though, they paid £13m for a player from an English Champion relegation team who had only made something like 25 full professional appearances. Giving him a few caps and denying Barrie his chance is another SFA decision that could impact on Rangers. Isn't that unusual and surprising? 

Difference is Chelsea, Man City etc were showing an interest which drove up his price.

No one other than Leipzig interested as far as we know, anyone who wouldn't take 5m for a player 95% of Ibrox was hounding only a month ago is on crack.

psb07158    4,105
35 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I literally just said this to my mate. Sell McKay (if the sums being offered are true), bring in Nicholson for whatever his development fee would be then spend the rest of the cash on 2 or 3 players who can help us push for the league next season. 

I don't think we're a million miles away from being a team who can put a run together and challenge them, even although directly on paper we're a few years away from being close to them. You just have to be good enough to consistently beat the other shite in the league! 

The Godfather    26,834
Just now, Rfc52 said:

Gone stop fucking talking about the terriers on here. What they will or won't get doesn't matter a fuck.

:hiboys:

simplythebest    6,939
4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Gone stop fucking talking about the terriers on here. What they will or won't get doesn't matter a fuck.

Yorkshire terriers?

Rfc52    28,061
8 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Yorkshire terriers?

don't know what you're on about :D

simplythebest    6,939
2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

don't know what you're on about :D

Bet Paula does!

STEPPS BOY    9,948
1 hour ago, Gazza1212 said:

An opportunity here for Warburton to show what he's made of. Personally I think the best thing for Rangers would be to offer the boy a contract extension and cash in big time next year,  but hey let's be honest there is no way this board is going to knock back £6 mil.

If I were Warburton I'd be making it public I'd sanction the sale only if every penny is reinvested back into this team. Do yourself some good Mark. Get the fans back on side and put the ball firmly back in Kings court to pony up.  Hes the guy with us all breathing down his neck after all who's also been left brutally exposed through lack of investment. Well if I were him I'd be telling the board McKay was playing with Raith before I came , that money's mine to see what I can achieve with it.

If there's clubs willing to pay the said money for Mckay then we wouldn't be able to afford the type of new contract/deal he's looking for.

Smile    12,257

Hope the buyers don't read the threads on Barrie a month or two back, This is the beauty of the internet one day he's not good enough or playing well enough to get in the team the next day he's worth no less than ten million.:thinking:

BlueThunder    1,339
16 minutes ago, Smile said:

Hope the buyers don't read the threads on Barrie a month or two back, This is the beauty of the internet one day he's not good enough or playing well enough to get in the team the next day he's worth no less than ten million.:thinking:

At the start of the season when that Turkish club were supposedly interested in Tav most folk weren't keen on him leaving. I doubt they'd be so bothered now. 

As a support we are terribly up and down. I remember when Mohsni was being hailed as a great find.....

Smile    12,257
1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

At the start of the season when that Turkish club were supposedly interested in Tav most folk weren't keen on him leaving. I doubt they'd be so bothered now. 

As a support we are terribly up and down. I remember when Mohsni was being hailed as a great find.....

We all do it as well.

Last season I thought Tav and Waghorn would be great in this league I should have kept those opinions to myself.:headwall:

Big Al II    4,278

If we take it now we will be weaker for the remainder of the season.