trueblueal

McKay to Leipzig

246 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

If we take it now we will be weaker for the remainder of the season.

Nothing a 6 month loan won't sort 👍

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We have the best head of recruitment in the business.

Well as long as they do better than last time I'll be pleased

5 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

My mate text me this within about 20 minutes of full time against them. I said it was shite then and I'll say the same now.

5 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

File under p for pish.

Sadly I very much doubt we would knock back even half of the 6 or 7 million being quoted

Wonder how many players that are flexible across the front three MW could buy with that sort of money.

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Eh? Burke played well in the English Championship against decent teams - teams that would absolutely horse us any day of the week,

McKay has been shite all season bar first half against Celtic and the 2 games before that. 

I can't believe what I'm reading 10-12-13 million :lol: ... 5 million - take it. 

Before anyone says it about Celtic getting over the odds for their players - it's not the same thing. They players at least won league titles and played in the Champions League ... 

I'd take 5mill in a heartbeat, it wasn't that long ago everycunt on here had him chased out the door for being a shitebag, he is definitely to inconsistent fir me but if his recent run of form paves the way for this move then we as a club would be foolish to knock it back.

Strange that people believe whats in the papers, when everything mentioned is dismissed by the club the next day.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, He's blue he's white said:

Let's say they pay 7mil, how much will Warburton get to spend on new players?

None, cause we'll probably wait until the windows shutting before accepting the deal so we don't have to spend it....🙄

I fear McKay won't make it at a higher level. If he added goals to his game he'd be phenomenal, but it's like he's trying not to score most of the time, never gets into positions or takes shots on.

If we got £8m for McKay I would be happy with that

13 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I fear McKay won't make it at a higher level. If he added goals to his game he'd be phenomenal, but it's like he's trying not to score most of the time, never gets into positions or takes shots on.

If we got £8m for McKay I would be happy with that

Who's going to spend £8 million on him?

This is getting mental now :lol: 

2 people like this

10 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Who's going to spend £8 million on him?

This is getting mental now :lol: 

I think it would be premature to sell him for less now. I think if we had a better team around him and were playing better as a team, challenging closer to 1st we'd be in a better position to demand a higher fee. £6m upwards would be good business but I think wait until the summer, try and build a stronger team, let McKay flourish in that team and he'll get plenty of interest. He'll probably need to sign a new contract though.

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I think it would be premature to sell him for less now. I think if we had a better team around him and were playing better as a team, challenging closer to 1st we'd be in a better position to demand a higher fee. £6m upwards would be good business but I think wait until the summer, try and build a stronger team, let McKay flourish in that team and he'll get plenty of interest. He'll probably need to sign a new contract though.

We won't be getting anywhere near the figures bouncing about.

Teams know we are skint and on our arses on that side of things. We couldn't even get those fees for players 10 times more talented like Jelavic.

It would be unreal to get £6 plus million but it's fantasy stuff at the minute.

Would take £7m in a heartbeat :lol: 

Try push them for £10m to be greedy 

Just now, The Godfather said:

Teams know we are skint and on our arses on that side of things. We couldn't even get those fees for players 10 times more talented like Jelavic.

Jelavic was a totally different situation, I can't remember the exact situation in January that year but we were pretty much already a sure thing to be fucked financially, a board who would have taken any money they could to add it to their bonuses probably. Now we are financially stable albeit not well off, and safely a top Prem club.

I'm not saying a club's going to come in for with £7/8m today, but give him a new contract, make a better team next season and see what happens. But at this point maybe taking £4/5m is what will happen just so we can get any kind of funds in for new players. Brought it up a few times on here but we haven't received a transfer fee for a playing in about 5 years and we might want to get the wheels turning on player sales.

Barrie's been very poor for us this season.  If someone put in a £5m bid for him the club should bite their hand off.  We could get go and get better players for that kind of money. 

Some folk in this thread talking about knocking people back or holding out for more.  Get your head out the fucking sand.

8 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I'm not saying a club's going to come in for with £7/8m today, but give him a new contract, make a better team next season and see what happens. But at this point maybe taking £4/5m is what will happen just so we can get any kind of funds in for new players. Brought it up a few times on here but we haven't received a transfer fee for a playing in about 5 years and we might want to get the wheels turning on player sales.

We received a fee for Lewis McLeod. 

23 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

We received a fee for Lewis McLeod. 

Fair enough, but one player for 6 figures in 5 years is not making for a very good income sheet

31 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Barrie's been very poor for us this season.  If someone put in a £5m bid for him the club should bite their hand off.  We could get go and get better players for that kind of money. 

Some folk in this thread talking about knocking people back or holding out for more.  Get your head out the fucking sand.

Most sensible post I've ever seen from you.

30 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Easdale received a fee for Lewis McLeod. 

Fixed that for you mate, we got fuck all for Lewis McLeod 

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

when Barry has been on form, he has been terrific to watch, i think he'd be better suited playing behind two forwards. 

There's an email from a bear kicking about - think it's the boy Greggco on Twitter. Anyway he has emailed someone at Leipzig and he's kidding on he's from the press association. The guy has replied back and confirmed that Leipzig aren't interested in McKay. Keith Jackson = LIAR!

C2n02hMXgAAQspg.jpg

1 person likes this

Leipzig look like they are the sort of team Rangers might want to cultivate good relations with going forward.   Wonder if they have any fringe / squad strikers we could have taken on loan for the rest of the season and then maybe form some sort of loan arrangement going forward.    Don't know if they'd be good enough but a spell on loan to Leipzig might be a whole lot more beneficial than loans to lower div Scottish teams.  

2 people like this

That eMail is suspicious as hell :lol:

Lets hope wee Baz hasn't let all this get to him and is good for tomorrow.

The money sounds good but i don't think we'd get more than £5m but what a lot of people are forgetting/ignoring is the philosophy the club are (supposedly) trying to work on.

We want a squad of good young players with a core of more experience (Pretty much the same as Leipzig), so surely to fuck us selling our best young talent is not the best way to go?

Whats does this then say to younger players who want to come through the system and play (their child hood dream) for us...?  Well for me it says if your deemed too good or another team comes in with a big bid, then we don't want to keep a hold of you.

If we do progress as a "selling club" we are never going to be able to dominate the league again as in 4/5/6/7 IAR, because the squad will be changing every season with the best players leaving and new kids coming through not every year will produce enough talent to compete with the demands of league and european competition.

I get that with the scottish football economy we do need to take the hit sometimes and sell players, but McKay is not the way to go. Getting the likes of O'Halloran and Crooks off the books for a small profit (or even just enough to cover the initial transfer fee and any wages a player has taken during his time at the club) is a better way to go. Guys in, give them a chance and shift them on if they are not good enough or due to injury don't get their chance (the injuries is a liability we  seem to have had problems with)

BUT FINALLY AND I'LL SAY IT AGAIN. PLAYING PLAYERS IN THEIR PROPER POSITION IS PARAMOUNT. Tavs is not a good enough defender (Yes he may make a good winger/ WB but hes not a RB), especially for europe, waghorn on the wing is pointless, also Dodoo. If we want Kranjcar to stay he does not suit a 3 man midfield and certainly shouldn't be out wide.

Although the 3-5-2 should work as then you can have a number 10 (Kranjcar or McKay ideally)

Ideal team as things stand IMO

Fods or Gilks

Wilson, Hill, Kiernan

Tavs, Toral, Halliday, Holt, Lee

Waghorn (argument for Miller), McKay 

Fucking gone off on a tangent here :D

Would MW be trusted with 7 million 😂??