Maurice Ross

johanhentze

Friend of mine just phoned me to say that Maurice Ross has been appointed manager of TB up here in the Faroe Islands.. I teach on the island once a week and its a small place, in a small place. About 4.500 people on the island and about 1.300 in the town. I will more than likely have a pint with him in the next couple of weeks :lol: 

21 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

Just out of interest what foreign side would you say had the biggest following on the islands

OT when is the best time to visit with a chance to see the northern lights?

It would be Liverpool and Man U by far. When people started getting TVs at home was around the time Liverpool were winning everything... so naturally, most people would support them. Younger generation grew up when Man U were dominating... 

We saw the Northern Lights just the other day.. November/December is great as well. :)

Just now, johanhentze said:

It would be Liverpool and Man U by far. When people started getting TVs at home was around the time Liverpool were winning everything... so naturally, most people would support them. Younger generation grew up when Man U were dominating... 

We saw the Northern Lights just the other day.. November/December is great as well. :)

Thinking of going in the 1st week of October(missus is going to Las Vegast then)is there a chance of seeing them then.....plus what are the hiking trails like and can you wildcamp?

6 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

Thinking of going in the 1st week of October(missus is going to Las Vegast then)is there a chance of seeing them then.....plus what are the hiking trails like and can you wildcamp?

There is definitely a chance to see them then...depending on visibility, of course. 

Hiking trails dont really exist as they do in Scotland. Basically.. you just go walking on the mountains. Although... I would always advise to speak to the locals about conditions and places not to go.. People sometimes walk themselves into bother.

If you are serious about coming up at that time, then please do let me know.. I can put you up for free. Have a spare flat downstairs.

Please feel free to contact MisterC to verify that I will no rape you. :D 

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

There is definitely a chance to see them then...depending on visibility, of course. 

Hiking trails dont really exist as they do in Scotland. Basically.. you just go walking on the mountains. Although... I would always advise to speak to the locals about conditions and places not to go.. People sometimes walk themselves into bother.

If you are serious about coming up at that time, then please do let me know.. I can put you up for free. Have a spare flat downstairs.

Please feel free to contact MisterC to verify that I will no rape you. :D 

Thanks ,that is very generous of you....will keep in touch if you don't mind

2 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Is Klæmint Olsen a decent player @johanhentze?

Scoring record looks phenomenal.

Yea, he is a really good player. Never understood why he didnt take his career further. He certainly has the talent. He is around 26 now, I think. There are quite a few good players up here.. they young generation coming through are all getting snapped up by the Danish clubs when they are around 15, so the future looks bright for our National team.

12 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Yea, he is a really good player. Never understood why he didnt take his career further. He certainly has the talent. He is around 26 now, I think. There are quite a few good players up here.. they young generation coming through are all getting snapped up by the Danish clubs when they are around 15, so the future looks bright for our National team.

Used to play against a Faroese national player at 7's. He was quality and played for forfar for a while. Studied in aberdeen I think.