stewaj3

Reece oxford

461 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

This is what I more or less said at the beginning of window,this guy could come up here and be our best defender by a country mile,probably one of the best in the country...

Then what happens when he goes back to London in the summer?

Then we would be in a far better position to buy a player than we are right now, having a good player for 6 months is better than either wasting money on overpriced players or going 6 months without a good player.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

This is what I more or less said at the beginning of window,this guy could come up here and be our best defender by a country mile,probably one of the best in the country...

Then what happens when he goes back to London in the summer?

we thank him for helping us secure european football and winning the scottish cup.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cushynumber said:

we thank him for helping us secure european football and winning the scottish cup.

jim-cry-happy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

 

What does that mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OhW said:

What does that mean?

Winning the SC and securing European football.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

would be happy with this but not getting hopes up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it was oxford at the Motherwell game and not RHM? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Winning the SC and securing European football.......

Sorry I honestly don't understand. you don't want us to do those things? Or are you bemoaning the fact that those targets are where we are as a club at the moment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OhW said:

Sorry I honestly don't understand. you don't want us to do those things? Or are you bemoaning the fact that those targets are where we are as a club at the moment?

What is wrong with you?

He is stating that RO will help us win the SC and get European Football, and we would be thanking him for assisting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OhW said:

Sorry I honestly don't understand. you don't want us to do those things? Or are you bemoaning the fact that those targets are where we are as a club at the moment?

I bet you've been to A & E more than once for sticking things up your nose?!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disregarding that fact I loathe loans then, all things considered, this would be a good signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is exactly the sort of signing we should be looking at IMO.

Sure it's short term thinking because there's almost zero chance of keeping him but this lad will have a big career in the game and will undoubtedly be better than what we have already while he's here.

I'd much prefer that than taking gambles on other youngsters like the boy we were linked with from Villa who might turn out to be great or might end up another Dodoo who spends most of his time on the bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

What is wrong with you?

He is stating that RO will help us win the SC and get European Football, and we would be thanking him for assisting.

5 minutes ago, novosleftboot said:

I bet you've been to A & E more than once for sticking things up your nose?!

No no no, I'm asking what @BridgeIsBlue's GIF response means. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

This is what I more or less said at the beginning of window,this guy could come up here and be our best defender by a country mile,probably one of the best in the country...

Then what happens when he goes back to London in the summer?

We hopefully sign a defender then with money we have earned from getting to Europa league which this boy would help us get to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's happening! Great signing! Daily mail and twitter get it wrong but sky sports do not!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meant to be in advanced talks but the player would rather go to the championship and stay London

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, OhW said:

No no no, I'm asking what @BridgeIsBlue's GIF response means. 

 

i was wondering that myself in all honesty. I just didnt like to say...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gillete said:

Meant to be in advanced talks but the player would rather go to the championship and stay London

C'mon, it's only 4 months FFS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would like to see him up here but if they are going loan him I think he will stay in London area more's the pity 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gillete said:

Meant to be in advanced talks but the player would rather go to the championship and stay London

Given MW's rhetoric about only wanting players who want to play for us, this should be dead if true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Given MW's rhetoric about only wanting players who want to play for us, this should be dead if true.

True. However, If talks are indeed "advanced" I'd like to think we've got the makings of an agreement in place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

it's happening! Great signing! Daily mail and twitter get it wrong but sky sports do not!!

Just setting us up for a fall, eh?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man Utd bid £15m for him in august so shows you how highly rated the lad is. Would be some coup 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lloyd72 said:

 

Doesn't sound as 'advanced' when put that way.   Hopefully talks will go well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.