Reece Oxford

I've seen a report saying you're taking Reece Oxford on loan and who better than the Rangers?

Doubly interested to see how he stands up to the physical task of Scottish football and the upgrade to competitive games regularly. He comes with a lot of hype, so eagerly awaiting if anything comes of this and whether the hype matches his ability.

He plays primarily as a centre half, but he's comfortable as a defensive midfielder and if required a right-back. Needs to add more names to his pocket other than Ozil, although it showed he can play. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, East London Loyal said:

I've seen a report saying you're taking Reece Oxford on loan and who better than the Rangers?

Doubly interested to see how he stands up to the physical task of Scottish football and the upgrade to competitive games regularly. He comes with a lot of hype, so eagerly awaiting if anything comes of this and whether the hype matches his ability.

He plays primarily as a centre half, but he's comfortable as a defensive midfielder and if required a right-back. Needs to add more names to his pocket other than Ozil, although it showed he can play. 

Looks a wee bit lightweight but TGH have neve seen the boy.  If he is half decent he should get a game, not a lot of competition for places in the heart of our defense

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Looks a wee bit lightweight but TGH have neve seen the boy.  If he is half decent he should get a game, not a lot of competition for places in the heart of our defense

What do you mean? We've got 4 top quality centre backs vying for 2 positions.

20 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

Half joking I was but I would rather see him replace Halliday. He is forever watching the ref with his chest buried in the turf.

I was half jokin aswell, although if he really is good in all of those positions there are about 5 players I wouldn't mind him replacing. :lol:

1 hour ago, loyalfollower said:

Guy could be brilliant, but looks just another chance for a player to gain fitness with us and then we lose them 

I hate loan signings, it would be fair enough if there was a signing option at the end of it, if not its no good and we are back to square 1 in the summer with a team needing gelling with the loans having fucked off back to their parent clubs.

What chance of continuity do we have if we are building for half a season at a time?

If it's just for six months what is the fucking point? Seriously. What is there to get excited about?

The best case scenario - one where he comes in, strolls it, holds down a first team place and looks like an absolute superstar - is also the worst case scenario as it leaves a giant, gaping hole to be filled at the end of the season (in time for the Europa qualifiers, remember) once he inevitably fucks off back down south.

It has to be for 18 months or no deal. Absolutely has to.

8 minutes ago, Senex said:

If it's just for six months what is the fucking point? Seriously. What is there to get excited about?

The best case scenario - one where he comes in, strolls it, holds down a first team place and looks like an absolute superstar - is also the worst case scenario as it leaves a giant, gaping hole to be filled at the end of the season (in time for the Europa qualifiers, remember) once he inevitably fucks off back down south.

It has to be for 18 months or no deal. Absolutely has to.

every manager has a long term plan - be it 3 years or what ever - where they want to put things in place that may take time. In our specific case there were a number of things that had to be addressed, such as scouting and youth development and assembling a team that could "compete" in the premiership.

However, with that long term plan in mind, it goes without saying that managers could be out the door if they dont get instant results. In MW's case this year, he is looking to consolidate second, and has a chance at the scottish cup - so he also has to have an eye on some extremely short term goals as well - because they are what is keeping him in a job and buying him time

If the players being on 6 month loans help us win the cup (for example), thats an excellent result in the short term, and gives MW some breathing space while he plans for next season and the longer term. I really dont see what the issue is - as long as the longer term elements are also being addressed.

If we are simply jumping from short term pillar to short term post, that would be a different story altogether.

57 minutes ago, pcbear said:

I hate loan signings, it would be fair enough if there was a signing option at the end of it, if not its no good and we are back to square 1 in the summer with a team needing gelling with the loans having fucked off back to their parent clubs.

What chance of continuity do we have if we are building for half a season at a time?

It's a win lose situation for us.  Could come in and be outstanding then like you say he's gone in 4 months and then more than likely sold for a few million.

im more bothered that we keep signing players who are either injury prone or coming back from injury.. Rossiter, dodoo windass crooks then we have this lad and hyndman from Bournemouth.  Are we becoming a club that just gets other clubs fitness levels up?? Surely a fit MOH or a lad from the u20's is more of an asset than some 50% guy coming back from injury.  It's becoming nonsense and not what Rangers should be looking at

Certainly the most excited IV been about a player for a while. He has been touted as a star for a while now. He is a player I have heard hype about for a few years and not one that just gets hyped up by the Scottish press when they hear we are looking at a player. Would be good if we could sign him for longer than just 6 months like the.tims did.with roberts

6 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Struggling to get as excited about this as many seem to be. What's he done in the senior game?

Same here, another young loan just to fuck off in a few months, when is that tight fisted cunt king going to actually start building a team and start spending money.