MayboleLoyal_atb

Windass

139 posts in this topic

Sauce?

Had a decent start for us but has faded somewhat. He and Crooks were bought with the intention of a quick sale IMO but I didn't think this quick, especially given their form.

His release clause is £3.5m supposedly, so they know exactly how much they would have to pay at most if serious. (Not that we'd get that at the moment)

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Sauce?

Had a decent start for us but has faded somewhat. He and Crooks were bought with the intention of a quick sale IMO but I didn't think this quick, especially given their form.

His release clause is £3.5m supposedly, so they know exactly how much they would have to pay at most if serious. (Not that we'd get that at the moment)

Just seen it all over twitter mate. Will try find its original source 

1 person likes this

No chance he's going for that. The Hull-Windass connection in full swing here. Wouldn't accept anything less than 4m for him. It's time our youngsters got overrated and over-valued as well. 

1 person likes this

Will be disappointed if we let him go for anything under his release clause tbh

Just now, Gaz52 said:

No chance he's going for that. The Hull-Windass connection in full swing here. Wouldn't accept anything less than 4m for him. It's time our youngsters got overrated and over-valued as well. 

He's got 3,5 million release clause am sure 

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Sauce?

Didn't realise he had a release clause. They'll happily pay it IMO just got £10m for Snodgrass

Just now, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

He's got 3,5 million release clause am sure 

Aye just seen that mate. If they trigger that then he might fancy it. It must boggle his mind like everyone else's that Andy Halliday starts over him 

1 person likes this

We knocked back £1.5m for Windass yet Mckay is still here after being touted for £6m.....

Not difficult to see what's going on.

Wouldn't be surprised if he puts in a transfer request to get this one through.

Let's not kid ourselves he'll want to stay here to finish 2nd and get a cameo in a couple of Europa League qualifiers. The chance of a few months in the Premiership will be a big draw for him imo.

250 k for every injury he's had since he came.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Windass? A Prem team!? :lol:

Nae bother.

Tbf it's a signing that's got downsizing for the championship written all over it.

Even if we were to sell anyone is it not a bit too late in the window for trying to get replacements? 

3 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Tbf it's a signing that's got downsizing for the championship written all over it.

Even for that, Windass is way below a team getting the best part of £100 million in parachute payments. 

Nothing he's done has shown him worth a punt by a team like Hull yet. He's been pretty guff so far.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Even for that, Windass is way below a team getting the best part of £100 million in parachute payments. 

Nothing he's done has shown him worth a punt by a team like Hull yet. He's been pretty guff so far.

He's quite highly thought of down there I'm sure. I seem to remember it being considered a bit of a coup for us signing him.

Even if he's done little to back that up since then.

Tbh though then can probably afford to take a chance on him for a couple of million. They'll be getting over 10 just for Snodgrass. 

Just now, TheLoudenTavernier said:

He's quite highly thought of down there I'm sure. I seem to remember it being considered a bit of a coup for us signing him.

Even if he's done little to back that up since then.

He was quite highly thought of. After this year, they'll be taking a back seat for another year with Windass to see if he is actually any good, because anyone watching him this year can't possibly be thinking 'we didn't go for him at Accrington last season, but he's definitely worth it now'. He's been guff, and they'll know that. No chance he's going to Hull.

Activate his release clause and then we can reinvest it in the squad.

If it's true then I hope they go as high as the release clause, but if they up it to £2m+ then it's a no brainer really. Despite his injuries he's not set the heather on fire as yet.

1 person likes this

I dont know why folk are so disparaging of our young players. He hasn't quite matched his pre-injury form but he is undoubtedly a talented player. Some of his runs have been fantastic. He just needs to toughen up a little and gain some composure to finish off the chances he makes.

The old transfer window head on me did wonder whether the two loans were to cover for some departures. Bring some players in first in order to let others go.

Anyway, all speculation. The next few days might be interesting. Or not. :lol:

1 person likes this

Feel like he is more of a number 10 than a central midfielder (in a 3) as we have been playing him. If the money was a bit higher then would maybe consider as long as the money was being reinvested. Could that happen before thos window closes?