MayboleLoyal_atb

Windass

139 posts in this topic

I wouldn't accept a bid unless we had to (release clause). 

He has shown glimpses of his potential but his first 6 months have been stop start because of the step up in fitness. Hopefully he is over that now and show us all what he is capable of, consistently.

If we can do that, then he'll be worth way more than his release clause soon.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get rid but only if the money will be reinvested in the team. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd take that but i'm sure its an HTC rumour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Windass isn't good enough for our team, never mind a premiership side. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Windass? A Prem team!? :lol:

Nae bother.

I have to agree, people shouting about 3-4million are taking the piss, apart from a couple of half decent games he has been bang average.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its fun to chat about these things on here, passes the time until the next match, but it really shows how quickly and lazily sports pages pick up stories from dodgy blogs.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2million then he can go cracking deal for 6months work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

 

 

Not really a surprise as he's not even managed to cement a place in our team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PRW. said:

I wouldn't accept a bid unless we had to (release clause). 

He has shown glimpses of his potential but his first 6 months have been stop start because of the step up in fitness. Hopefully he is over that now and show us all what he is capable of, consistently.

If we can do that, then he'll be worth way more than his release clause soon.

If he ends up being worth way more than his release clause then it's pretty bad business by us; unless he signs a new contract of course.

This whole story seems like nothing though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He may well turn out eventually to be a class player, but so far other than a few good moments he's  done nothing really of note in a shite league against shite opposition, and as Hull are battling for survival in one of the toughest leagues in Europe I honestly can't see how they think signing Windass would improve their survival chances, but as been said, if they are serious then the lad has a £3.5m release clause in his contract, trigger that and he's all yours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

He may well turn out eventually to be a class player, but so far other than a few good moments he's  done nothing really of note in a shite league against shite opposition, and as Hull are battling for survival in one of the toughest leagues in Europe I honestly can't see how they think signing Windass would improve their survival chances, but as been said, if they are serious then the lad has a £3.5m release clause in his contract, trigger that and he's all yours. 

They aren't battling relegation mate, they've sold all their best players and are basically resigned to the fact they've no hope anymore, this rumour is still a load of bs though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

They aren't battling relegation mate, they've sold all their best players and are basically resigned to the fact they've no hope anymore, this rumour is still a load of bs though

They are second bottom, and obviously they would rather stay in the league they are in than drop down a level so there for they are in a relegation battle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Windass to Hull.....:snapoutofit:

Thats the best 1 ive heard since Waghorn was going to West Ham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would take £750,000 for him and put it towards a better player on loan. He's not good enough for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lloyd72 said:

 

It was his paper that posted it 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, BonjourBonjour said:

Would take £750,000 for him and put it towards a better player on loan. He's not good enough for us.

Wit are you, Martin Bains apprentice?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PRW. said:

Wit are you, Martin Bains apprentice?

Wit are you,Sloth from the Goonies apprentice ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BonjourBonjour said:

Wit are you,Sloth from the Goonies apprentice ?

Even Sloth fae the goonies isny thick enough to "take £750,000 for him and put it towards a better player on loan" as well as write off a 22 year old who has had a stop/start season because of injuries yet still has the most assists per 90 minutes played and 3rd in key passes per 90 minutes in the league.

Anyone writing Josh Windass off, wanting rid etc need to get a grip. Boy has serious potential. Hopefully thats him over his problems with the step up in fitness and he can develop a bit of consistency. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they offered the release clause I think he'd be away and I wouldn't be all that bothered. £3.5M to reinvest in the team? If it gets spent properly I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one will be offering anywhere near his clause, he's hardly kicked a ball this season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, BonjourBonjour said:

Would take £750,000 for him and put it towards a better player on loan. He's not good enough for us.

We can and will eventually get well more than £750,000 for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

like we'd knock back 1.5mill, we're fucking broke beyond belief :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

£1.5m per mazy run.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am trying to think of a single reason someone would bid for Windass.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.