MayboleLoyal_atb

Windass

139 posts in this topic

It must be his old man they want.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, BonjourBonjour said:

Would take £750,000 for him and put it towards a better player on loan. He's not good enough for us.

Shutup

3 people like this

49 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Even Sloth fae the goonies isny thick enough to "take £750,000 for him and put it towards a better player on loan" as well as write off a 22 year old who has had a stop/start season because of injuries yet still has the most assists per 90 minutes played and 3rd in key passes per 90 minutes in the league.

Anyone writing Josh Windass off, wanting rid etc need to get a grip. Boy has serious potential. Hopefully thats him over his problems with the step up in fitness and he can develop a bit of consistency. 

He's 23. He's passed it. :mutley:

48 minutes ago, pcbear said:

In one of his first games at Ibrox he bolted through the middle from the halfway line leaving defenders in his wake, and  hammered a shot from about 30 yards that just missed, I thought "we have a player here" not seen much since to justify my first thoughts.

The fact he is made of twiglets don't help.

£1.5m for one mazy run :thumbup:

1 person likes this

As Warburton himself said today every player has his price - even Ronaldo according to Warburton.   

So maybe there is a deal to be done (for Windass that is)?

If so, then so much for building a side to win a title.    Pick'n'mix short term loan players, development players where its mainly a hope that they will make the grade as first team players at Ibrox (eventually), 37 year old strikers as the main goal scoring threat (keep going Kenny Miller as no-one is about to replace you), summer signings that have not delivered, and in the main players who did the job in the Championship but struggle in the top flight.  Not that keeping Windass looks like it might make a vital difference to winning 55 next season.

Players come and players go.  Some just leave (contract mutually terminated which seems to be the main Rangers way these days) and some are sold on (Lewis last season for instance).  The thing is though, half way through this season and with no indication of signings either in Jan or pre-contract for summer that would transform the squad into a group where a serious challenge for 55 next season would look credible.  

Point is Warburton seems to be treading water on developing a title winning side preferring instead short term measures that look to boost the effort to meet the objective this season of just qualifying for Europe and finishing a strong second.     Just not enough money in the pot for player investment?   Or is it a bit of Warburton not believing a title can be won in short order so takes a longer term view of getting to 55 and hoping the Support will eventually come to the same realisation? 

Why - I wonder - does Warburton not talk more about the urgent need to build a title winning side, and what he is doing now, and for the rest of this season, to get a credible title challenging squad in place for the start of next season.

It's not only players that have their price as I'm sure Warburton is also well aware

51 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

£10m

Aye for the entire team.

3 hours ago, PRW. said:

Even Sloth fae the goonies isny thick enough to "take £750,000 for him and put it towards a better player on loan" as well as write off a 22 year old who has had a stop/start season because of injuries yet still has the most assists per 90 minutes played and 3rd in key passes per 90 minutes in the league.

Anyone writing Josh Windass off, wanting rid etc need to get a grip. Boy has serious potential. Hopefully thats him over his problems with the step up in fitness and he can develop a bit of consistency. 

I've said it a few times before but I see a lot of similarities between Windass now Lallana when he first went to Liverpool.

The way he went from being a talented but unfit player to one of Liverpools key men is an example Windass should be looking at and striving to match for us.

We'd be mad to turn down any half decent bid for him.

Really don't understand what everyone sees in this boy.

Decent enough player but would take anything over £1.5m up front plus a sell on clause.

Would use some of that money to bring in a striker which we badly need it's pretty shocking that we've only scored 2 more goals this season than the team in 12th place right now.

I think Windass has the quality we need but he needs a run of games when 100% fit to show it.

Whether that happens or not is another matter - that's the dilemma for me.

I've a feeling he'd be like Charlie Adam i.e not rated by the fans, but goes elsewhere cheap and excels. 

1.5 million on the surface seems like good money for someone who can't stay fit and we basically got for free a few months ago, but there's a 3.5 million release cause for a reason. I'm not saying he's a 3.5 million pound player based on what we've seen but I'd be trying to hold out for as much as possible (same as McKay)

1 person likes this

I think there's a player in Windass.

His biggest problem is he's made of Weetabix..

Think he's a decent player, but he's hardly set the heather alight. Very inconsistent, and seems like if he gets hit hard during a game he's not interested anymore.

Bring him in for £50k or so, and selling him on for £2m+ after a handful of half decent games is good business.

I'd be happy enough to hang onto him though, as at 23 he can certainly improve and be worth more. 

14 hours ago, pcbear said:

In one of his first games at Ibrox he bolted through the middle from the halfway line leaving defenders in his wake, and  hammered a shot from about 30 yards that just missed, I thought "we have a player here" not seen much since to justify my first thoughts.

Dont forget his first game at Fir Park too, came off the bench, megged a boy and ran right to the edge of the box. That was my "we have a player here" moment and it was the first hting he did :lol:   He rounded the keeper in that run at Ibrox you were on about but his shot was cleared off the line.

8 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I think Windass has the quality we need but he needs a run of games when 100% fit to show it.

Whether that happens or not is another matter - that's the dilemma for me.

I've a feeling he'd be like Charlie Adam i.e not rated by the fans, but goes elsewhere cheap and excels. 

1.5 million on the surface seems like good money for someone who can't stay fit and we basically got for free a few months ago, but there's a 3.5 million release cause for a reason. I'm not saying he's a 3.5 million pound player based on what we've seen but I'd be trying to hold out for as much as possible (same as McKay)

Windass and CA are a different kettle of fish, though. Windass has done literally nothing yet (not entirely his own fault by any means) whereas CA contributed quite alot. 

The fans haven't had a chance to underrate Windass yet. He could turn into a player, but how people are saying 1.5 million or Hull or whatever right now with a straight face is beyond me.

15 hours ago, pcbear said:

He was about the only positive from our game at the piggery as well if I remember correctly.

31 minutes ago, OhW said:

He was about the only positive from our game at the piggery as well if I remember correctly.

To be fair it's hard to judge how good he actually was that day because the others around him were so bad.

58 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

To be fair it's hard to judge how good he actually was that day because the others around him were so bad.

Definitely. Think he had a couple of bursting runs through the middle and that was it. As you say, there wasn't exactly stiff competition for our best player that day.

He's a bit hit and miss.  £1.5m is a good offer but there may still be a player there.  It the offer is genuine we can only trust Warburton to make the correct call.

I'd be very surprised if any club were going to offer money for him giving his lack of impact with us so far.

3 hours ago, Inigo said:

Windass and CA are a different kettle of fish, though. Windass has done literally nothing yet (not entirely his own fault by any means) whereas CA contributed quite alot. 

The fans haven't had a chance to underrate Windass yet. He could turn into a player, but how people are saying 1.5 million or Hull or whatever right now with a straight face is beyond me.

A lot of fans do underrate Windass tho so far that's my point. 

I don't even think he's potential either, I do think there's an actual player there for the here and now but it's his fitness rather than lack of ability. There's some parallels there with Adam IMO. 

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

A lot of fans do underrate Windass tho so far that's my point. 

I don't even think he's potential either, I do think there's an actual player there for the here and now but it's his fitness rather than lack of ability. There's some parallels there with Adam IMO. 

I'd say the difference is that CA made identifiable contributions making it possible to underrate him. Windass hasn't made any contribution, and people are just observing, quite correctly, that Windass has done nothing. That's why I don't see them as similar cases in any way. At the time I thought people were very harsh on Adam, but I don't think they have been with Windass.

Just now, Inigo said:

I'd say the difference is that CA made identifiable contributions making it possible to underrate him. Windass hasn't made any contribution, and people are just observing, quite correctly, that Windass has done nothing. That's why I don't see them as similar cases in any way. At the time I thought people were very harsh on Adam, but I don't think they have been with Windass.

Way too deep and I think you're reading a bit too much into my point. I'm not actually disagreeing with you I'm just saying that me, personally, can see some something similar between them in the sense that some folk don't/didn't rate them both when I see/seen something there.

I think if Windass stays fit and goes down south there's every chance he could have a good career. Like Adam. 

1 person likes this