craigyrfc11

Jak Alnwick

245 posts in this topic

#Rangers have had a £250,000 bid for Port Vale keeper Jak Alnwick accepted, thus triggering his release clause

Gilks is off after the morra then 

Didn't start their game the other day either this one looks a goer with Gilks definitely off

Negative comment in 3...2...

2 people like this

If we pay 250k for a keeper i'm thinking someone's coming in for Wes ?

1 person likes this

I find this strange if I'm honest.fair enough Gilks will be off and we need a replacement but a young hungry 23 year old replacement to sit on the bench

250k on a goalie when we're crying out for centre backs and strikers. 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Gaz52 said:

250k on a goalie when we're crying out for centre backs and strikers. 

Maybe more to come?

From what I remember of this boy he was tipped to be Newcastle's long term number 1 but for whatever reason doesn't 

1 minute ago, kaiser1041 said:

I find this strange if I'm honest.fair enough Gilks will be off and we need a replacement but a young hungry 23 year old replacement to sit on the bench

It pushes Wes that wee bit further. But we need to be honest with ourselves, Foderingham is probably EPL standard. I'm not trying to overrate him but if the likes of Randolph at West Ham can start and Gomes for Watford

Wes isn't any worse than than them IMO. We might be thinking about cashing in in the summer is the point I'm trying to make 

4 people like this

Just now, Rfc52 said:

Maybe more to come?

From what I remember of this boy he was tipped to be Newcastle's long term number 1 but for whatever reason doesn't 

I hope so mate. But with what little cash we have we've bought a keeper which isn't priority number one. If more is to come then I imagine it'll be more loans 

Just now, Gaz52 said:

It pushes Wes that wee bit further. But we need to be honest with ourselves, Foderingham is probably EPL standard. I'm not trying to overrate him but if the likes of Randolph at West Ham can start and Gomes for Watford

Wes isn't any worse than than them IMO. We might be thinking about cashing in in the summer is the point I'm trying to make 

Wes is a cracking goalkeeper. He will end up a very very good goalkeeper at a mid range/top end epl side.

He may not get there till he's around 30ish but Im pretty certain he will carve out a very good career 

2 people like this

What a stupid way to spell Jack. 

1 person likes this

Just now, Gaz52 said:

I hope so mate. But with what little cash we have we've bought a keeper which isn't priority number one. If more is to come then I imagine it'll be more loans 

none of us know though. I didn't think we'd sign a new keeper. I never thought we'd spend cash this window. But we have.

Let's wait and see 

Very, very strange move if true.

250k for a back-up goalkeeper and probably won't be better than Gilks (I've not seen this guy play to be fair) ... when we will probably let Gilks go for free or even worse still give him a little pay-off and terminate his contract to help him out.

It would make more sense if we've received a decent bid for Wes and this goalkeeper is a top target. Then fair enough.

If not, then it's serious financial mismanagement - if true (must stress)

Looks a pretty decent prospect

He played a few games for Newcastle in the EPL I'm sure. I'm positive I had him in my fantasy side as a cheap bench option. He comes highly rated anyway 

He's Port Vale's joint captain as well apparently. 

If it's all true then it's a good signing on paper. 

Dave King "jets in" and we start splashing his kids inheritance..

finally.

4 people like this

hmmm, not sure what to think tbh.  never heard of the guy so won't pass judgement on him.  Buying a new keeper seems strange unless we have recieved a bid for one of the keepers currently on the books.

On the face of it, this seems quite bizzare, but he might turn out to be the next Goram, so I will try not to be negative. 

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Dave King "jets in" and we start splashing his kids inheritance..

finally.

:lol: 

hes out injured at moment apparently.

There are already assumptions being made about Gilks. We don't know yet if we'll get a fee for him. Maybe we are getting 250k for him and it'll be covering Jak's fee. We don't know. 

But hey, let's have a go before all the facts are in :lol:

1 minute ago, craigyrfc11 said:

hes out injured at moment apparently.

Hyped for his debut in October 2018

1 person likes this