craigyrfc11

Jak Alnwick

245 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, gersandy said:

Is this guy any good. A bit weird spending money on a second choice keeper when theres other positions needing cover.

Looks like a good prospect m8, I was going to say we'll make money on him, but knowing our board we won't 

Might be a good prospect but he's not likely to start as long as Wes is here so he could be sitting on the bench for a few years by which time he might want away to get first team football in that case it's back to square one again.

Another case of Warbs ignoring the key areas that need to be addressed and just signing players for the sake of it.

2 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

Might be a good prospect but he's not likely to start as long as Wes is here so he could be sitting on the bench for a few years by which time he might want away to get first team football in that case it's back to square one again.

Another case of Warbs ignoring the key areas that need to be addressed and just signing players for the sake of it.

If Wes keeps up this form we'll be luck to have him for another season tbh mate, also it's not buying players for the sake of it we're replacing Gilks who is going to Wigan

2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

If Wes keeps up this form we'll be luck to have him for another season tbh mate, also it's not buying players for the sake of it we're replacing Gilks who is going to Wigan

We do need a back up keeper no doubts about it but not sure about paying 250k for one.

That's not mega money or anything but it could have been better spent on a striker, right now Kenny Miller is carrying the team but how long can he keep doing that at his age?

Guys like Boyce and Moult were signed for peanuts and have scored a fair amount in the SPFL so 250k if spent right might have got the club a diamond in the rough.

Personally I think spending that kind of money on a player who might only start one or two games between now and the summer is daft.

Should have brought a keeper in on loan or a free and used the money in other areas.

13 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

He is a decent  goalie, but we had Woods/Klos/Goram and McGregor for 25 unbroken years of quality between the sticks, he has a bit to go to reach that quartet.

Just now, pcbear said:

He is a decent  goalie, but we had Woods/Klos/Goram and McGregor for 25 unbroken years of quality between the sticks, he has a bit to go to reach that quartet.

I only got to see 2 of those 4 play for us mate and no doubt Wes isn't near the level of any of them but when you compare him to the quality of the league we're in he is a very good keeper and we'd do well to hold onto him as he is still young and can improve.

We needed another keeper personally I would have went for a 30+ one and had young McCrorie as third choice but if Alnwick is good enough then we will have another asset on board.

Go get Oxford. A striker and a midfield destroyer and on longish deals at least 18 month deals and then look to the bosman market for next year.

23 minutes ago, pcbear said:

That wasn't even almost an unbroken 25 years between those 4.

3 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

They tims are seriously mental man hahahaha

They are. Also paid for him.£49x 7500 away support. 

Thats over 300k so Dave looks like he's spending the cash again when he's not really 

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

They had way over 1000 appearances between the four of them, Watterreus/Charbonnier/Letitzi/Dibble/Neimi and the Dutch guy were all number 2 goalies to stand in for injuries but the main men averaged 40 games a season.

10 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I may be totally mis understanding what you mean here mate, but between Woods signing in 1986 until McGregor fucked off in 2012, those 4 were our main keepers for 26 years.

The only (minimal)break of any times I recall off the top of my head were the Charbonnier months whilst we waited on Klos, and the brief PLG era.

Unless I am missing the point totally of your post. 

2 minutes ago, pcbear said:

They had way over 1000 appearances between the four of them, Watterreus/Charbonnier/Letitzi/Dibble/Neimi and the Dutch guy were all number 2 goalies to stand in for injuries but the main men averaged 40 games a season.

DOH!! I forgot about Wattereus's season. 

2 people like this

1 minute ago, kaiser1041 said:

He's shite

And we had to pay 200k to get Gilks off our hands :-)

Just now, pcbear said:

And we had to pay 200k to get Gilks off our hands :-)

Almost Bain like incompetence 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, kaiser1041 said:

Almost Bain like incompetence 

I was jesting

16 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

He's shite

Lol.

Nice one.

I assume he will end up being Fod's replacement when/if he goes this summer. 

1 hour ago, PRW. said:

Nice one.

I assume he will end up being Fod's replacement when/if he goes this summer. 

I'd think so too.

It's quite rare to get a back-up keeper that age unless you're planning to have him in the team sooner rather than later.