craigyrfc11

Jak Alnwick

245 posts in this topic

Just now, BlueThunder said:

There are already assumptions being made about Gilks. We don't know yet if we'll get a fee for him. Maybe we are getting 250k for him and it'll be covering Jak's fee. We don't know. 

But hey, let's have a go before all the facts are in :lol:

I'll bet you anything you want we won't get 250k for Gilks. 

15 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Maybe more to come?

From what I remember of this boy he was tipped to be Newcastle's long term number 1 but for whatever reason doesn't 

According to my Newcastle supporting mate he played 3 games for there first team. Had a blinder on his debut followed by 2 shockers 

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, craigyrfc11 said:

hes out injured at moment apparently.

That's how Warburton likes them

:wink: 

1 person likes this

One in one out I imagine so probally Gilks seeing he never even got played in the cup game on sat. Hopefully we get a fee if he does go

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'll bet you anything you want we won't get 250k for Gilks. 

You may very well be right. We will find out shortly it seems.

I'd be raging if we let Gilks go for free. 

These types of transfers boil my blood. 

Aird is good enough for any club in the bottom half of the spl and below. Could have commanded 100-200k. 

Walsh and Sinammon could have brung in 100k between them and Gilks could command anything from 200-400k. 

That's half a mill we will have let go for fuck all. It's a joke. 

But this kid looks the real deal. I'd be surprised if he was coming up here to sit on the bench at 23.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Aird is good enough for any club in the bottom half of the spl and below. Could have commanded 100-200k. 

Walsh and Sinammon could have brung in 100k between them and Gilks could command anything from 200-400k. 

But this kid looks the real deal. I'd be surprised if he was coming up here to sit on the bench at 23.

The most annoying one for me was Darren Mcgregor being allowed to go to hibs for no fee or even at all, absolutely ludicrous.

1 person likes this

You've also got to question this from the management who are so devoted to youth players when we sign a 23 year old when we apparently have one of the best young keepers in the UK in the under 20s

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

The most annoying one for me was Darren Mcgregor being allowed to go to hibs for no fee or even at all, absolutely ludicrous.

Can't agree with that mate - McGregor was an awful defender. He's worse than Wilson/Kiernan. 

Maybe could have got 50k or something but a nominal fee like that would have literally been it. 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

Seems we are more worried about getting them off our wage bill than any small fee we might have received.

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Who have Walsh and Sinnamon went to? The teams they have played for on loan don't even pay a penny transfer fee wise so who's going to whack 50k on them? No one even knows if Gilks is going for free, so you can hardly assume that. 

Just now, Skyson1872 said:

Who have Walsh and Sinnamon went to? The teams they have played for on loan don't even pay a penny transfer fee wise so who's going to whack 50k on them? No one even knows if Gilks is going for free, so you can hardly assume that. 

Why release them then? What's the actual point? To free up 2k a week? 

I can almost guarantee Gilks will go for free. 

For being an ex trader in the city MW loves getting players on decent contracts and letting them go for nothing or pay them off

Just now, K.A.I said:

Can't agree with that mate - McGregor was an awful defender. He's as bad as Wilson/Kiernan. 

Maybe could have got 50k or something but a nominal fee like that would have literally been it. 

I get that he wasn't brilliant but letting him go to a direct Rival that season for nothing was wrong imo especially in hindsight with the Scott Allan saga and the shit that went on after the Scottish cup final

Players are only worth what people will pay for them. 

Sadly ours aren't worth very much. 

Not surprised we didn't get a fee for any of the players mentioned. 

Could it be a change of tactics to compensate for our rank midfield and awful defence and we are going with 2 keepers.

Gilks is a strange one just over 6months in the door and wants to leave...What did he really expect ffs

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Could it be a change of tactics to compensate for our rank midfield and awful defence and we ate going with 2 keepers.

Wes is that good with his feet he's moving into midfield. 

This transfer is so indicative of this manager who has wasted every transfer window he has had so far. £250k for another sub when we are crying out for players in the first team and in other positions. Madness. 

53 minutes ago, cumnockbear said:

If we pay 250k for a keeper i'm thinking someone's coming in for Wes ?

That would be the only reasonable assumption but if that's not the case then spending a quarter of a million on a second keeper is madness if you ask me.

29 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

When was the last time a team in the bottom half of the Premiership or below spent £200k on a player 🤔 

34 minutes ago, craigyrfc11 said:

hes out injured at moment apparently.

bringing in someone to keep rossiter company?

8 minutes ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

That would be the only reasonable assumption but if that's not the case then spending a quarter of a million on a second keeper is madness if you ask me.

Aye, it's mental. 

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

bringing in someone to keep rossiter company?

Heard that Alnwick is only a couple of weeks away from being fit as well :whistle: