Jump to content
craigyrfc11

Jak Alnwick

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Gilks is a strange one just over 6months in the door and wants to leave...What did he really expect ffs

He probably thought he could take Foderingham's spot eventually but Wes is getting stronger and stronger as a keeper. Gilks still has hunger to play so it makes sense, it's not strange at all IMO, makes perfect sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See Port Vale fans on Twitter shouting Alnwick at PV is "a lot lot better" than Fod was at Swindon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Why release them then? What's the actual point? To free up 2k a week? 

I can almost guarantee Gilks will go for free. 

For being an ex trader in the city MW loves getting players on decent contracts and letting them go for nothing or pay them off

Who has he done that with then :lol:? Barton? Completely different scenario. Anyone else? Gilks? He is probably on 6k a week max, hardly decent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PRW. said:

See Port Vale fans on Twitter shouting Alnwick at PV is "a lot lot better" than Fod was at Swindon.

Well I urge Port Vale fans such as Robbie Williams to watch Fod up here and see how he's progressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon when the numbers are crunched between Alnwick coming in and Gilks leaving we'll be slightly better off financially and have a potentially decent young keeper on the books that can challenge Wes. I believe this because WATP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PRW. said:

See Port Vale fans on Twitter shouting Alnwick at PV is "a lot lot better" than Fod was at Swindon.

Maybe there right but Fods is not same goalie he was when playing at Swindon has improved a lot since he singed but will be good to have two great GK's vying for the number 1 spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skyson1872 said:

Who has he done that with then :lol:? Barton? Completely different scenario. Anyone else? Gilks? He is probably on 6k a week max, hardly decent.

No-one has even said Gilks is leaving on a free yet but people have their minds made up

More propaganda to hit Warburton over the head with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

No-one has even said Gilks is leaving on a free yet but people have their minds made up

More propaganda to hit Warburton over the head with

I don't agree with everything the man does but some of the shite people come out with on here to make him look bad is pathetic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Misteral said:

I reckon when the numbers are crunched between Alnwick coming in and Gilks leaving we'll be slightly better off financially and have a potentially decent young keeper on the books that can challenge Wes. I believe this because WATP.

True probably, I imagine Alnwick will be on a lot less than Gilks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember the name from a while back. Highly thought of at Newcastle, never seemed to get a chance.

I can only see one reason for this happening and it would be because we're looking to cash in on Wes in the summer? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe we are expecting a bid for Foderingham and he's actually his replacement :matron:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Lloyd72
Just now, DBBTB said:

Maybe we are expecting a bid for Foderingham and he's actually his replacement :matron:

Was there not someone claiming Pep had a scout watching Wes :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stv reporting that port vale have knocked back the terms of the payments.

If we seriously are haggling over how to pay £250k then the games a boggie, the board are making us a fucking laughing stock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hammer93 said:

Stv reporting that port vale have knocked back the terms of the payments.

If we seriously are haggling over how to pay £250k then the games a boggie, the board are making us a fucking laughing stock.

Can't be serious no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Number5 said:

Remember the name from a while back. Highly thought of at Newcastle, never seemed to get a chance.

I can only see one reason for this happening and it would be because we're looking to cash in on Wes in the summer?

I think the club is looking for cash now, going by the claims of the PV chairman:

The 23-year-old, who has been at the League One side since 2015, has a buy out clause which it is believed Rangers have met.

However in a statement to STV, Port Vale chairman Norman Smurthwaite said the terms of the offer are not acceptable.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Stv reporting that port vale have knocked back the terms of the payments.

If we seriously are haggling over how to pay £250k then the games a boggie, the board are making us a fucking laughing stock.

Dave "al stop 9 in a row" King in action 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Stv reporting that port vale have knocked back the terms of the payments.

If we seriously are haggling over how to pay £250k then the games a boggie, the board are making us a fucking laughing stock.

Seen someone claiming on twitter we've offered 70k up front with 60k paid in each of the next 3 summers.

Sounds ridiculous but it honestly wouldn't surprise me with us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MasterD said:

Paul Murray probably sent them an offer for £1k upfront with £249k when we qualify for the CL.

I know I shouldn't but I burst out laughing at this , was either that or greet to be fair 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Port Vale fans all seem gutted at the prospect of him leaving though which is obviously encouraging. 

Some even claiming they'll go down if the lose him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon he is going to be Wes' replacement, for when he eventually goes.

Not bad business. 2 highly rated young keepers battling it out for our number 1 spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×