*** The Official Hearts vs Rangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

How anyone can pick Halliday when there is an alternative is beyond me

Hes been shite aw season but for sum stupid reason i always give him benefit of the doubt but after his performance the day especially in first half , enough is enough .hes fuckin no good enough and shouldnt be near team when youve got class like hyndman and toral

1 hour ago, bluedart1952 said:

It's on BT Sports 2 according to their TV Guide

37 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I'm going to post it on behalf of another poster who's name I forget...

EVERY AWAY GAME IS ON TV

Yeah i checked sky sports earlier and seen it wasn't on there then i thought it was weird an away game wasn't being broadcasted but i forgot bt sports done it 

36 minutes ago, RFC16 said:

Hes been shite aw season but for sum stupid reason i always give him benefit of the doubt but after his performance the day especially in first half , enough is enough .hes fuckin no good enough and shouldnt be near team when youve got class like hyndman and toral

He gets an easy time because he's a Bear, if he was some guy from anywhere else he would be getting pelters. 

I'd be hesitant to play Tavernier after his performance at tynecastle last time. But he was superb yesterday, used his strength and speed well and there wasn't any issues defensively that I can remember so I reckon he'll play

Wes

Tavernier--Kiernan--Hill--Wallace

Toral--Hyndman--Windass

Dodoo--Miller--McKay

Halliday consistently loses the ball in our own half and presents the opposition with chances, he's just not a defensive midfielder so he needs to stop being used as one. If you can ask Halliday to play that role then you can ask anyone IMO, so I don't see why Windass or even Holt can't sit a wee bit deeper with protection from Hyndman who will come deep and pick the ball up to take it forward anyway, having a ball-carrying player like him in the team takes a bit of pressure off the defensive-mid. So I'd much rather a more technically gifted player like Windass starts over AH

4 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Halliday consistently loses the ball in our own half and presents the opposition with chances, he's just not a defensive midfielder so he needs to stop being used as one. If you can ask Halliday to play that role then you can ask anyone IMO, so I don't see why Windass or even Holt can't sit a wee bit deeper with protection from Hyndman who will come deep and pick the ball up to take it forward anyway, having a ball-carrying player like him in the team takes a bit of pressure off the defensive-mid. So I'd much rather a more technically gifted player like Windass starts over AH

Exactly.

Fed up with people saying he is the only one we have got, as he isn't one himself in a million. You could pretty much put anyone in there to do a better job.

Agree I would like to see Halliday dropped, first half yesterday spent his time on the ground after been put on his arse with no reply to that or his wayward passes, with exception to blaming his team mates.

I expect Halliday to be the man winning everything and driving the team on.

He constantly tells everyone he's Rangers through and through - not doubting that one bit, let's see it then Andy.

Hearts away if a perfect opportunity for him to do so, if he doesn't; then play gilks in there.

6 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

Agree I would like to see Halliday dropped, first half yesterday spent his time on the ground after been put on his arse with no reply to that or his wayward passes, with exception to blaming his team mates.

I expect Halliday to be the man winning everything and driving the team on.

He constantly tells everyone he's Rangers through and through - not doubting that one bit, let's see it then Andy.

Hearts away if a perfect opportunity for him to do so, if he doesn't; then play gilks in there.

He just doesn't have the ability. Not his fault. However it's MW who picks him and that's where the problem lies.

10 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

He just doesn't have the ability. Not his fault. However it's MW who picks him and that's where the problem lies.

We've all seen flashes of him doing extremely well against tough opponents, he actually looks like he lacks desire at the minute - yesterday he got shoved off the ball off that young motherwell player who has just broke through from their academy, for example.  Hallidays response was his usual...Both hands up in the air 'that's no fair ref' rather get up and leather the wee guy in the next opportunity.

Tav cost us the last time so he should be dropped for Hodson but MW is a complete fanboy of Tav so he will still be there.

Going to be a difficult game on their patch so we cant have any passengers in the team.

I would go with.........

Wes

Hodson - Kiernan - Hill - Wallace

Toral - Mckay - Hyndman

Waggy - Miller - Forrester

Got a ticket for this one too and hoping I can make the journey through as I have n3ver been to Tynecastle

Everyone saying Tav had a solid game have to think back to the first 20 mins of the Motherwell game when they were having a go and on top, he was a shambles and almost cost us a goal with a stupid back pass. 

He will face the same at Tynecastle but for much longer if the last game is anything to go by, hopefully the fact Hearts have been poor since Cathro came in continues. 

15 hours ago, RFC16 said:

2+2?