*** The Official Hearts vs Rangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 8:37 AM, He's blue he's white said:

We've all seen flashes of him doing extremely well against tough opponents, he actually looks like he lacks desire at the minute - yesterday he got shoved off the ball off that young motherwell player who has just broke through from their academy, for example.  Hallidays response was his usual...Both hands up in the air 'that's no fair ref' rather get up and leather the wee guy in the next opportunity.

"He actually looks like he lacks desire at the minute" ?

Halliday is being overplayed and out of position but can't EVER be accused of a lack of desire, that's a daft comment. It's absolutely obvious Halliday has struggled in CM but unfortunately he'll have to do until Rossiter gets fit as imo we don't have anyone else suited to the role .

1 hour ago, MasterD said:

Windass for Halliday.

Waghorn for MOH.

They are shite, attack with purpose and pace from KO and we'll win.

People's biggest criticism of Halliday is his ball retention yet you want to replace him with someone who can't tackle and who gives the ball away more than any other player !

Forderingham 

hodson/Tavernier    Senderos.  Hill.    Wallace

Hyndman              

Windass.         Toral

Waggy  .     Miller.     McKay         .

i can't bear watching kiernan anymore  Senderos has a mare of a game and is written off ffs he's played at the highest level kiernan has a mare every fuckin week so I'd rather have senderos if wilson's unavailable.

Hope we put these pricks back in their place , they are shite and we need to take advantage and eventually get an away win at one of the traditionally tougher grounds  . Still can't get my head round why they wanted rid of Robbie neilson so desperately considering the job he done for them 

13 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

"He actually looks like he lacks desire at the minute" ?

Halliday is being overplayed and out of position but can't EVER be accused of a lack of desire, that's a daft comment. It's absolutely obvious Halliday has struggled in CM but unfortunately he'll have to do until Rossiter gets fit as imo we don't have anyone else suited to the role .

I respectfully disagree on Hallidays desire. There were several times we lost the ball in their half with Halliday out of position(shock horror), people like McKay were busting a gut to get back and Halliday barely managed a trot. He hid for the first hour of that game after the tough start and wanted nothing to do with the ball, that doesn't sound like desire to me.

2 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

I respectfully disagree on Hallidays desire. There were several times we lost the ball in their half with Halliday out of position(shock horror), people like McKay were busting a gut to get back and Halliday barely managed a trot. He hid for the first hour of that game after the tough start and wanted nothing to do with the ball, that doesn't sound like desire to me.

Think you're confusing desire with lack of ability , sadly Andy only has one of these in ABUNDANCE. 

Just now, ianferguson said:

Think you're confusing desire with lack of ability , sadly Andy only has one of these in ABUNDANCE. 

Jogging back when you are caught out of position and the opposition is breaking isn't a lack of ability, its either a lack of desire or stamina issues.

7 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

Jogging back when you are caught out of position and the opposition is breaking isn't a lack of ability, its either a lack of desire or stamina issues.

We were down to ten men and the lad was covering across the midfield . I'll listen to any criticism of Halliday's ability  all day long but no way can his desire be questioned. 

17 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

Been sayin all season he's lazy (on top of his other faults) but many on here can't see past him & reckon he's MOTM every game. I now it's all about opinions but I seriously struggle to understand it.

2 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

Been sayin all season he's lazy (on top of his other faults) but many on here can't see past him & reckon he's MOTM every game. I now it's all about opinions but I seriously struggle to understand it.

Can't agree m8,this forum in particular is very critical of Halliday's lack of ability, but it's new for me to read comments questioning his desire or calling him lazy, and if the allegations are true then we won't have to worry for long for his attitude is pretty much all that's keeping him in the team for now.

24 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

We were down to ten men and the lad was covering across the midfield . I'll listen to any criticism of Halliday's ability  all day long but no way can his desire be questioned. 

What midfield was he covering MOH was playing up front on the wing.