*** The Official Hearts vs Rangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

18 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

One thing we know is that we can look at their recent form as irrelevant, because they will raise their game. We need to make sure we start from the beginning, and be tight with the ball in the early stages. This has always been a hard place to go, and tonight will be no different.

They were woeful on Sunday, I'm told.

That, coupled with the high we should be on after a decent away win on Saturday, could work for us - although they may have been saving themselves for tonight ?!

You'd think we're due a win in one of these 'big' away games by law of averages, if nothing else!

We need this win to set a marker for the 2nd half of the season but also to give some validation to MW's action - or inaction - in the January transfer market.

Will be watching it at home so will have to suffer BTs commentary but it will make our goals all the sweeter.

Come on the gers!  :UK:

Guest Lloyd72
2 hours ago, jackrfc95 said:

No idea why but I have a sneaky suspicion Tav will start on the right hand side of the front 3...

Had this thought myself mate, he did well going forward against Motherwell and having hodson in the team means he doesn't need to worry about the defensive work

2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Had this thought myself mate, he did well going forward against Motherwell and having hodson in the team means he doesn't need to worry about the defensive work

Either that or we'll go back to the back 3 with Wallace and Tav playing wide and Miller and McKay up front.

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Having Hodson in the team means we all have to worry about the defence ...

Guest Lloyd72
37 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Having Hodson in the team means we all have to worry about the defence ...

Yup because Tav is far better than him defensively and never makes mistakes that lead to goals.

Guest Lloyd72
40 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Either that or we'll go back to the back 3 with Wallace and Tav playing wide and Miller and McKay up front.

I hope not mate is Wilson not still out? The thought of Kiernan and Senderos being in the same team gives me the fear

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

Yup because Tav is far better than him defensively and never makes mistakes that lead to goals.

We need a right back. Tav can't defend. Hodson is steady but limited.

I'd keep Tav in for this one as his crosses against Motherwell were dangerous. He helps pin the opposition in and I think Hearts will lack sharpness/fitness with so many player changes 

17 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

We need a right back. Tav can't defend. Hodson is steady but limited.

I'd keep Tav in for this one as his crosses against Motherwell were dangerous. He helps pin the opposition in and I think Hearts will lack sharpness/fitness with so many player changes 

I can think of two crosses against Motherwell, one from from a corner, and they were fucking awful.

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I can think of two crosses against Motherwell, one from from a corner, and they were fucking awful.

Not even crosses either, but his general shiteyness with the simplest of passes across the face of goal, the scum game comes to mind when he should have slipped Kenny in for No2. Add in his misses against St Johnstone was it? Can't mind, was an away game anyway, might have been hamilton

Hes went right off the boil

2 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Not even crosses either, but his general shiteyness got the simplest of passes across the face of goal, the scum game comes to mind when he should have slipped Kenny in for No2. Add in his misses against St Johnstone was it? Can't mind, was an away game anyway, might have been hamilton

Hes went right off the boil

Had one against Kilmarnock and Ross County I'm sure.