Is it not blatantly obvious?

five stars

It is it not blatantly obvious that we need a defensive/holding midfielder?

Surely that should of been the priority for this transfer window.

I'm not saying Hallidays a bad player, just that he's a poor defensive midfielder, even playing Ball (a centre half) last season was an improvement.

Ultimately MW is responsible for not prioritizing this position.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Jb85 said:

It's obvious we need a striker more importantly imo. We need someone to finish games off early no in the last 10/15 minutes. 

We have strikers Garner, Dodoo, Miller and Waghorn are all CF's. We don't have any defensive midfielders except possibly Rossiter.

46 minutes ago, five stars said:

I'm not saying Hallidays a bad player, just that he's a poor defensive midfielder, even playing Ball (a centre half) last season was an improvement.

Not prioritising the position? What the actual fuck are people on at times. We brought in Barton and Rossiter, both DMs.

Folk are just fucking plain dumb.

4 minutes ago, five stars said:

We have strikers Garner, Dodoo, Miller and Waghorn are all CF's. We don't have any defensive midfielders except possibly Rossiter.

Dodoo doesn't get a chance, Waghorn plays out wide Garner can't score so that only leaves Miller. What if Miller ended up going off after that challenge from McDonald? We'd have no one else that scores. Halliday seems to be a stick on starter no matter what so that's there covered. If push comes to shove put Wilson in where Halliday is if he gets injured. Rossiter must be 8 days away now. 

48 minutes ago, five stars said:

He's terrible. The amount of times he gave the ball away today was embarrassing.

36 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

he bought 2 in the last transfer window  in barton and Rossiter - and is trying to get another in this window. If thats not prioritising things I dont know what is.

It's been over eighteen months now and it's still a big weakness in our team.

We have tried and failed for a variety of reasons to strengthen the position in that time, which has meant playing a season and a half without a proper DM.

Surely it's time to address the situation?

Just now, plumbGER said:

But do you get more points for winning early?

Stop being a drama queen.

How did your fingers survive helicopter Sunday?

Obviously not but when was the last time we killed a game off early?  I'm just saying I'd rather have it wrapped up early than late. Nothing wrong with that surely? 

Just now, five stars said:

It's been over eighteen months now and it's still a big weakness in our team.

We have tried and failed for a variety of reasons to strengthen the position in that time, which has meant playing a season and a half without a proper DM.

Surely it's time to address the situation?

I think the last transfer window he spotted the issue and tried to address it as I said with Barton and Rossiter.

He is again trying to strengthen the midfield this transfer window. 

I don't really think it's 18 months as Halliday done a good job last season.

14 minutes ago, five stars said:

Yes.  We are not creating enough chances for the strikers. 

3 minutes ago, Jb85 said:

Obviously not but when was the last time we killed a game off early?  I'm just saying I'd rather have it wrapped up early than late. Nothing wrong with that surely? 

Well i enjoyed that late win last week but if that's your preference then that's fine.

Does your frustration lead you to booing the team at half time etc?

8 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I think the last transfer window he spotted the issue and tried to address it as I said with Barton and Rossiter.

He is again trying to strengthen the midfield this transfer window. 

I don't really think it's 18 months as Halliday done a good job last season.

I don't agree that Halliday did a good job last season. He had a few good games with the Scottish cup semi-final a highlight (Ball was DM). 

Against the better teams last season we struggled with Halliday as DM which resulted in Ball usually been brought in to play the position.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Well i enjoyed that late win last week but if that's your preference then that's fine.

Does your frustration lead you to booing the team at half time etc?

Nah, I've never booed the team. 

1 minute ago, five stars said:

I don't agree Halliday done a good job last season. He had a few good games with the Scottish cup semi-final a highlight (Ball was DM). 

Against the better teams last season we struggled with Halliday as DM which resulted in Ball usually been brought in to play the position.

Ultimately whether you or I think he had a good or bad season is immaterial. Warburton only has so many windows to change it - and you can only change something once you see that it needs changed.

So, he gave Halliday the season, decided he wasn't good enough and  has since tried to change it in every transfer window since.

I don't see what else he can do.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He did prioritise in the summer so you can't question him on that, what you can question is why he took such a gamble in signing Barton and Krancjar. 

I think he seen Barton as a bit of a coup and obviously though that krankjar - when fit- would be an asset. 

We know how it went re Barton, but krankjar was definitely starting to impress in games. I do believe if he had kept fit he would be having a major influence on games now.