Alex Neil

Gaz52

What's the thoughts on him as a manager? He has a great record in the game so far. He's hit a bit of a rough patch the now with Norwich but maybe it's simply just ran its course? I don't think it makes him a bad manager at all. 

And looking at it, he's turned things round a bit, won their last two and only 3 points off a play-off spot, it's not the dizzy heights they were at 2 years ago but he's still done well

I don't want to put it in the Bears Den as that place is volatile and jam-packed at the moment. But I wouldn't say no to him managing us, I don't think he should be first choice but if/when we are looking for a manager, his name pops up then we could do a lot worse IMO

Also, his assistant, Frankie McAvoy, who's been by his side since Billy Reid first allowed Neil to part-time manage the under-17s at Hamilton whilst he was a player, is one of the biggest tarriers walking the earth. Put it this way, one of his kids' names is Declan.

I met him in a pub years ago when he lived in Tannochside.

7 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Didn't he get Norwich relegated?

He also got them promoted when they were quite far down the league when he took over IIRC.

I can't imagine their budget is great (compared to other Championship clubs anyway). I reckon he's probably took them as far as he can. Norwich are a yoyo club and will be nothing more.

I wouldn't be against him taking us over, providing he doesn't bring they 2 turncoat cunts Naismith and Lafferty with him.

12 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

He also got them promoted when they were quite far down the league when he took over IIRC.

I can't imagine their budget is great (compared to other Championship clubs anyway). I reckon he's probably took them as far as he can. Norwich are a yoyo club and will be nothing more.

I wouldn't be against him taking us over, providing he doesn't bring they 2 turncoat cunts Naismith and Lafferty with him.

Don't forget Whittakers there too. What a depressing changing room that is

3 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

They're becoming the "Yellow Submarine" club of England.

Didn't realise he was a tarrier as he never talks about Celtic or has ever hinted he supports them, not that I've seen anyway. How do people know he's one of them? Neil McCann was apparently a beggar as well but you wouldn't know it listening to him or watching him win the league for us at parkhead

Too many people stuck in the dark ages

If anything all I've seen it Neil criticising Celtic for always trying to sign Hamilton youth players. At least he's not a shitebag like McNamara who lets his two best players go to his boyhood heroes and takes a slice of the action 

22 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Didn't realise he was a tarrier as he never talks about Celtic or has ever hinted he supports them, not that I've seen anyway. How do people know he's one of them? Neil McCann was apparently a beggar as well but you wouldn't know it listening to him or watching him win the league for us at parkhead

Francis is his middle name.

And if that bottom line isn't sarcasm, then stop acting like a taig.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Francis is his middle name.

And if that bottom line isn't sarcasm, then stop acting like a taig.

Acting like a taig? Get a grip :lol: 

Aw his middle name is Francis. That's it then he definitely supports Celtic, no-one called Francis would support say Hamilton, Motherwell or even Rangers? 

I'm not acting like a taig, I'm telling the truth, if you don't want people at our club who supported Celtic then there's a long list of people you'll need to erase from our history. And stop cheering anytime Wilson or McKay do something for us

4 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Aw his middle name is Francis. That's it then he definitely supports Celtic, no-one called Francis would support say Hamilton, Motherwell or even Rangers? 

I'm not acting like a taig, I'm telling the truth, if you don't want people at our club who supported Celtic then there's a long list of people you'll need to erase from our history. And stop cheering anytime Wilson or McKay do something for us

It's patter that Taigs use.

38 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

He looks like one 

4 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Only a taig would cheer on Wilson watching us tbf :lol: 

14 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It's patter that Taigs use.

Is it fuck. It's patter real people in the real world use. 

If you want to call me a taig to my face feel free, cause I'm anything but and I'll let you know that