"Our job is to finish second"

NeoGeo7

There is nothing that MW said that I disagree with, I  always want to finish first but it was a big ask to do this season. If we finish 2nd and good cup run and qualify for Europe next season, I would say after being out for so long that not bad achievement. Dont get me wrong im just as pissed off as most but im a bit more realistic than some on here. Next season I want us challenging for the title. If my club lives within its means and we never go back to the dark days that we experienced the last 4  years I take that, even the bheasts had to step back and watch us lift 9 in a row when they were rebuilding. we may need to face some hard realities over the next few seasons.

13 minutes ago, Coplandbear11 said:

If our season objective was to finish second why did the club so actively push the, Going For 55 line. Solely to win over fans and get  ST money from new buyers? 

Would you accept our Club coming out and saying we look to finish second this season??? You just need to look at the threads on here it would have been unacceptable to make that statement at the start of the season.

50 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I expect us to go away from home and not get hammered every time we set foot out the door, because we are not set up properly. We still wouldnt be first - and that was an unrealistic expectation - but we would be in a better position with a happier fan base because we would see progress. I dont see progress - thats the issue.

Yup,  the 2nd place issue isn't the main issue.  Its the lack of progress to make us think we can better this.  Been no progress visible for some time now.

37 minutes ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

Way too much focus on what the manager is saying in press conferences. On the park is the only place it counts.

He's the only one talking from inside Ibrox  these days, and if his language is his teams performance he's talking gooblydeegook. 

49 minutes ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

Way too much focus on what the manager is saying in press conferences. On the park is the only place it counts.

And that applies very much to the players as well..Stop talking a good game and start bloody performing on the field of play..

15 minutes ago, bluenosebrad said:

Would you accept our Club coming out and saying we look to finish second this season??? You just need to look at the threads on here it would have been unacceptable to make that statement at the start of the season.

Would I fûck have. Anything other than first is a failure for Rangers. Always has been always will be. What I'm pointing out is the conflicting messages from the club. 

King implied that he expected us to win the league every other year, I don't think he foresaw us battling to be second with the sheep, Hertz or SJ,  he wants us to be battling with the scum.

The Boss has more or less stated that that won't be the case, he's admitted that they will only get stronger while we live in hope of doing a Leicester 

I didn't expect us to win the league this year but I did expect our players to put in a serious challenge instead of which we've staggered from game to game throwing points and goals away with almost gleeful abandon.

This isn't good enough from our team, this isn't good enough from our manager and it's certainly not good enough from our board.

1 hour ago, NornIronBear said:

Remember Souness saying that. Only difference being is Souness could kick a team up the backside if they didn't perform.

Souness soon realised the error of his ways & admitted it!

11 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

King implied that he expected us to win the league every other year, I don't think he foresaw us battling to be second with the sheep, Hertz or SJ,  he wants us to be battling with the scum.

The Boss has more or less stated that that won't be the case, he's admitted that they will only get stronger while we live in hope of doing a Leicester 

Did he mean last season's Leicester or this one's?

1 hour ago, TEFTONG said:

My genuine fear is that the current manager and squad might not even finish 3rd never mind accepting 2nd as a target.

We will see a decline in Season Tickets next season..It's inevitable..Difficult days ahead..Hope the manager and squad care just half as much as the support does and we can go on a winning run showing some pride in the jersey and some fight to earn that 2nd place..

Yes if only we can repeat that unforgettable 3 wins in a row 

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I can't remember exactly what King said but has he not been on record publicly stating 2nd and European qualification were the primary aims for this season? Apologies if I've picked that up wrong but I vaguely remember a bit of a furore with some his comments from last year. If that's what Warburton was given as his objective technically he's on course to achieve. Of course that doesn't quite tell the whole story though.

Your quite right m8, that is Warburton's target.....for this season, however it's like pulling teeth trying to get there.

Its the bosses comments about us building and the scum heading over the horizon, I can accept we are still building but the foundations are shite, we will have to restart again next season because the boss has fucked up big time this one.

56 minutes ago, Coplandbear11 said:

Would I fûck have. Anything other than first is a failure for Rangers. Always has been always will be. What I'm pointing out is the conflicting messages from the club. 

and that is my point, we wouldnt have accepted it, our club needs supporters turning up every week and did what every club does and promotes ST to generate cash. Deep down did anyone think we could have won this year I was more hopeful if anything.