The RBS 6 Nations

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say Scotland were easily the most entertaining team of the tournament. Agreed though 4th is disappointing when you look at the facts. Fraser Browns stupid tackle against England for the sin bin and I think even though we'd probably still have lost, we wouldn't have been humped and a good chance of finishing second. Que sera sera.
Also looking at the fact we've only 2 pro teams, we are punching well above our weight with the wins against Wales and Ireland plus running France close too. There's definitely more to come from this team with no need to fear anyone and a good chance we'll provide a handful of lions starts for the first time in while.

35 minutes ago, Craigyboy9 said:

I'd say Scotland were easily the most entertaining team of the tournament. Agreed though 4th is disappointing when you look at the facts. Fraser Browns stupid tackle against England for the sin bin and I think even though we'd probably still have lost, we wouldn't have been humped and a good chance of finishing second. Que sera sera.
Also looking at the fact we've only 2 pro teams, we are punching well above our weight with the wins against Wales and Ireland plus running France close too. There's definitely more to come from this team with no need to fear anyone and a good chance we'll provide a handful of lions starts for the first time in while.

On that point I'm really not sure, which is disappointing. But I think Hogg is the only guaranteed one, with maybe Huw Jones as the other player. 

Fourth place finish is a real ball-ache considering we won three games and only just lost to France ?

Some small errors of judgement - Finn Russell's kick v France / early yellow against England - and unlucky injuries meant it just wasn't to be.

57 minutes ago, ben51 said:

On that point I'm really not sure, which is disappointing. But I think Hogg is the only guaranteed one, with maybe Huw Jones as the other player. 

Hogg and Jones for sure, I think Russell and Seymour will be in the squad with a good chance of featuring at some point, and  Dunbar, Bennet and Taylor could all travel.

20 minutes ago, Craigyboy9 said:

Hogg and Jones for sure, I think Russell and Seymour will be in the squad with a good chance of featuring at some point, and  Dunbar, Bennet and Taylor could all travel.

What was Bennett's injury? Haven't seen it reported but looked like it could have been another bad knee injury.

Hogg's the only player with a shout of starting for the Lions.

Jones, any of Seymour, Maitland and Visser, Dunbar and maybe Russell and Laidlaw have a chance of making the squad. Nel would have been a certainty if he was fit as well imo.

Both the Grays are unfortunate that they are in the position that has the most depth in the Lions pool. Maybe the next tour for Jonny.