*** The Official Rangers V Morton Match Thread ***

Rangers Lady

Who do we go with for our last chance of winning a trophy this season ?

Rangers v Greenock Morton

15:00 

Results of each team's last 5 matches across all leagues and competitions

Rangers

last 5 matches (most recent first):

04/02/17(h)Ross County1-1D

01/02/17(a)Heart of Midlothian4-1L

28/01/17(a)Motherwell0-2W

21/01/17(h)Motherwell2-1W

31/12/16(h)

Greenock Morton

last 5 matches (most recent first):

07/02/17(a)Raith Rovers0-1W

04/02/17(a)Queen of the South3-0L

28/01/17(a)Ayr United1-4W

21/01/17(h)Falkirk2-0W

14/01/17(h)Raith Rovers2-0W

Last time they met: Rangers 3-1 Greenock Morton

I thought Senderos did ok, Morton have pace up front though, the long ball that caught us out at Pittodrie would cause Hill and Senderos problems 

Kiernan has pace but deserved to be dropped, he can’t stick to his man

They got thumped yesterday but they had been on a good run, devastating if we lost this game

I’d take any sort of win so long as we get into the next round, hopefully hivs at Ibrox 

6 minutes ago, saltire266 said:

Out of the squad, Kiernan, wallace, Tav, Halliday and O halloran

In Beerman , Burt , Atakayi , hodson , Bates

I know beerman is just back or still in Portugal ?? doubt they would play him but all the others I would give a chance. Think we need a big win i.e. 4,5,6-0. I think the biggest problem with MW is he hasn't had a defence he's just let gel. Always fucking about with it. 

Wes 

hodson senderos hill Wilson (if fit) 

Toral.          Hyndman 

Windass 

Moh or forrester               McKay 

Miller 

Guest Lloyd72

Jak

Senderos             Hill               Wilson       

Tavernier                                                                  Mckay        

Hyndman             Toral        

Windass

Dodoo                Garner

We can't defend so we'll need to score at least 2 this match if we're to win.

2-1 to Rangers

I was at the Ayr V Morton game (don't ask) and they are fairly quick up front and get tore in with most of there play going down the left so Tav will have a busy night. There defence is strong but when on the odd occasion Ayr got a ball in the box they did look vulnerable.

I am not taking this game lightly and we will really need to get stuck in and get an early goal to get them on the back foot as I think they will be coming for a go at us plus they are fairly fast up front. 

Not even going to attempt a score or team as mystic meg would struggle.

3 minutes ago, jintybear said:

@RFCRobertson won't like this :justno:

Seriously I think this will be a huge struggle for us but winnable- can't believe I'm feart to play fkn Morton ?

Somebody said it yesterday and it was true , this is the level he is dragging us down too 

45 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Somebody said it yesterday and it was true , this is the level he is dragging us down too 

I'd expect us to win, but Morton are doing ok & led by a wily old bird in Duffy, who knows his way around the block.

Morton have even matched our best performance & result of the season to date - 5-0 v QotS.

Can see it being tighter than it should be.

Looking forward to it. I must be the only one on here.

I think we'll win reasonably comfortably if we get an early goal. Despite all the piss and thunder on here yesterday it was the Ross County keeper who stopped us from getting the win.

We absolutely have to find a way to get confidence back though. Whether that is playing 2 up, adding more in defence, seeking a consistent team, I don't know. I do know that shouting at or booing the players is not going to miraculously solve our problems.

3-1 win.

New goalie in Fod is having his brain farts again. 

Tav out of the team and out the door. Hodson in

Leave the 2 CB's as is, Wallace should be on the bench as well but we don't have a replacement with Wilson out. 

Same midfield but with Toral sitting deep and Emerson pushing on from midfield

McKay back on the bench along with Garner, the man couldn't score in a brothel with a free shag card. 

Miller, Dodoo &  Waghorn (he should be told this is his last chance to impress or he can pack his bags as well) 

2 hours ago, Misteral said:

How can this be an official match thread when there is no information, badges, date or time of kick off? 

Get a grip, OP

Sorry

I did all that,  some Mod, obviously a Misogynist deleted it,, I'll go try put it back up again 

hate to say it.

3-1 to Morton, they have a team that plays for each other, quick front line plus they will lift their game against us.

MW does not really have a clue.

I would like us to suprise them and go for the old tried and tested 442 like Leister did last year. (but I don't know if we have the midfield with the grit, guile or the testicular fortitude to do that)

Give Alnwick a chance, drop tav from RB and bring in Hodson, Toral and Hyndman playing cm (Hyndman more advanced), Mckay and Tav on the wings (but tell Tav he has to cover when Hyndman pushes forward or you'll cut his nuts off) Garner and Doodoo up top.

Usual 60 mins subs Miller on for Garner (only due to his recent lay off) and then we are fooked no one else worth bringing on (assuming Rossiter is still injured)

Easy 4-0 win

A shame MW will play his his tried and tested formation with Halliday and Kiernan back in and do his usual subs when we are a goal down on 60 mins by removing our most creative players and replacing them with dross