*** The Official Rangers V Morton Match Thread ***

Rangers Lady

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

So Kenny Miller and Hill, the only two who have demonstrated any leadership on the field all season.

Hopefully - someone to think about how to score and someone to think about stopping giving away our usual bonus for the opposition.

Struggle to see Murty changing the system or formation.. It's the same formation he's been using for the U20's so can imagine it wont differ too much. Line-up is a different matter. We'll see if he has balls to drop the underperformers or if he' s going to be nicey nicey and stick with the same to keep the ego's happy.

Regardless, we'll have a new manager in atleast until the end of the season come Wednesday. 

3 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I remember the optimism when mcdowall took over. How will the line up change? What formation will we play?

EXACTLY THE FUCKING SAME

i expect tomorrow will we see 4-3-3 with the same sort of line up :britney:

Optimism when McDowell took over? I really, really don't remember that.

4 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I remember the optimism when mcdowall took over. How will the line up change? What formation will we play?

EXACTLY THE FUCKING SAME

i expect tomorrow will we see 4-3-3 with the same sort of line up :britney:

Mcdowall was a first team coach so at least knew the players he had. 

Bringing an U20s coach is a different kettle of fish. I have no idea what to expect. 

I'd go with

.                                    Fod 

.                             Senderos.                 Hill.                 Wilson

Tav                           Holt.                      Hyndman.                         Wallace

Waghorn                  Miller                      McKay 

Maybe swapping Senderos for Kiernan. 

And Wallace for Halliday 

5 hours ago, Blues Brother said:

I'd go with

.                                    Fod 

.                             Senderos.                 Hill.                 Wilson

Tav                           Holt.                      Hyndman.                         Wallace

Waghorn                  Miller                      McKay 

Maybe swapping Senderos for Kiernan. 

And Wallace for Halliday 

We are fucked if we go with that formation fod and hill at left back, no-one in goals or at right back. Looks like how McCoist would have set up though ?

Personally I would like to see a traditional looking 4 4 2, having the vision to see if its not working to tweak it during the game would be great too :sherlock:

Wes

Hodson           Hill               Wilson             Wallace

O'Halloran      Hyndman      Halliday         McKay

Miller                  Garner

3 - 1 to Rangers :crabflute:    :dance:

1 hour ago, dogtanian said:

We are fucked if we go with that formation fod and hill at left back, no-one in goals or at right back. Looks like how McCoist would have set up though ?

? we I've done my analysis on them. There right winger is shit hot and they play no one on the left ? Oh and they don't shoot

Hopefully Wallace steps up today for the team 

I'm not saying everything is on his shoulders as that'd be a bit unfair, it's not his fault the manager resigned. 

But he's the captain, he's been here through the dark days. He'll know that despite the off-field turmoil, the fans still expect a comprehensive win today, we're Rangers after all and we're playing lower league opposition. The players can't feel sorry for themselves and I hope Wallace gets that across to them, he's the one who's been there through admin, Ally quitting, McCall, Warburton... It doesn't matter what off-field chaos is going on, you're still expected to pull on that jersey and win the game. 

I'd love to see a change in formation, and some of the under performers dropped. 

My only worry is that we'll have prepared with a formation and team all week, and Murty will go 'safety first' and stick with the same old. 

Hopefully 442 with Garner as one of the two, and plenty of crosses into the box. 

I think Alnwick will start as it is cup game and Murty will carry the philosophy on

Alnwick

Hodson     Senderos     Hill      Wallace

O'Halloran   Hyndman Windass   Toral

McKay

Miller

That's what I'd like to see