Did Arsenal make Wenger an offer he couldn't refuse?

Thermopylae

I see that the Goons have £220 million in the bank and that on the back of winning a measly 2 trophies in 12 years so the question is did they offer to make Wenger the best paid manager in the business (which I believe he was for many years) as long as he wasn't too bothered about dipping into the kitty in the pursuit of trophy's?

he has spent money maybe not in the realms of man city/man utd  but ozil sanchez mustafi eleny shaka they all cost a few bob

the trouble is not spending money but picking the right players  as i said in another thread yesterday  warburton has the ideas as wenger play pretty football get the possession stats right but cannot defend  never had a quality ball winning midfielder or a goal poaching striker i know geroud does ok but in ..todays modern football he is too slow

how he did not start welbeck on sat  sums him up

9 minutes ago, billscott said:

he has spent money maybe not in the realms of man city/man utd  but ozil sanchez mustafi eleny shaka they all cost a few bob

the trouble is not spending money but picking the right players  as i said in another thread yesterday  warburton has the ideas as wenger play pretty football get the possession stats right but cannot defend  never had a quality ball winning midfielder or a goal poaching striker i know geroud does ok but in ..todays modern football he is too slow

Wenger's great team has shades of MW for me because the defence was left to him by George Graham and it always makes me wonder how we would be right now if the same thing had happened with Warbs.  Once your team is secure at the back the confidence just flows through the rest of the players because they know only 1 goal will be enough.

I'm just amazed at how long the Goons have turned up and paid top dollar to watch one disappointing season after another  

1 minute ago, Thermopylae said:

Wenger's great team has shades of Warbs for me because the defence was left to him by George Graham and it always makes me wonder how we would be right now if the same thing had happened with Warbs.  Once your team is secure at the back the confidence just flows through the rest of the players because they know only 1 goal will be enough.

I'm just amazed at how long the Goons have turned up and paid top dollar to watch one disappointing season after another  

they get fooled year after year with a good spell then ultimate disappointment  they seem happy with top 4 and losing in the last 16 of the champs league  having said that they are my favourite english team and i share their pain

thank god we dont have these problems with the gers  lol

7 minutes ago, billscott said:

they get fooled year after year with a good spell then ultimate disappointment  they seem happy with top 4 and losing in the last 16 of the champs league  having said that they are my favourite english team and i share their pain

thank god we dont have these problems with the gers  lol

I think he has a professorial air about him which helps to hide the fact that he's basically just a gold plated dud .. if he had say a broad brummy accent then the press would be laughing at him by now instead of seeing him as some sort of wise old sage 

On Monday, February 06, 2017 at 2:56 PM, ger4life_1872 said:

They nearly went bust during the stadium move and he's admitted since then that never ending up like that again is more important to him than trophies , shite for their fans but they're just a business now 

They were nowhere near going bust ffs, check out their majority shareholders, they cunts could buy countries

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Up the Arsenal.

I don't mind Arsenal the team.

But the wanky Arsenal 'fans' i know are stupid wee idiots.

Arsenal on live tv results in a running commentary of the game on facebook public feed (get a fucking whatsapp group you pricks) if they win they shout from the rooftops of their keyboards about how fantastic they are.

If the get beat it's 'Wenger out'

Always talking about other teams like Chelsea and City aswell, taig like behaviour.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

I don't mind Arsenal the team.

But the wanky Arsenal 'fans' i know are stupid wee idiots.

Arsenal on live tv results in a running commentary of the game on facebook public feed (get a fucking whatsapp group you pricks) if they win they shout from the rooftops of their keyboards about how fantastic they are.

If the get beat it's 'Wenger out'

Always talking about other teams like Chelsea and City aswell, taig like behaviour.

As much as I consider them my English team, their fans don't half annoy me.

That ArsenalFanTV has some of the worst cunts ever on it.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

As much as I consider them my English team, their fans don't half annoy me.

That ArsenalFanTV has some of the worst cunts ever on it.

I always liked City as my English team, did so since i was in school over 20 years ago.

Reason being Rangers were so dominant that a lot of taigs jumped on the Man U glory days.

Arsenal the club was built with similar traditions to ours, that part of their club is almost extinct now with the glitz and glamour of modern day football.

On 06/02/2017 at 2:27 PM, billscott said:

He does spend plenty but the guys he signs get lost in the shuffle and you tend not to think of them until reminded theyre still at the club

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

They were nowhere near going bust ffs, check out their majority shareholders, they cunts could buy countries

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenals-invincibles-were-within-days-6413388.amp&ved=0ahUKEwic0_2luP7RAhWqDMAKHb7wDo8QFgggMAI&usg=AFQjCNEh03-vwWsjXP45GFtxsVg-WHDyCA

Just going by that and heard a few ex arsenal ppl talking about it on talksport before , and is it not the case at them that none of the big hitters has outright control so would be less inclined to pump all their money in

24 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenals-invincibles-were-within-days-6413388.amp&ved=0ahUKEwic0_2luP7RAhWqDMAKHb7wDo8QFgggMAI&usg=AFQjCNEh03-vwWsjXP45GFtxsVg-WHDyCA

Just going by that and heard a few ex arsenal ppl talking about it on talksport before , and is it not the case at them that none of the big hitters has outright control so would be less inclined to pump all their money in

the mirror has probably sensationalised a lot of it, its no surprise that a bank pulled out of the loan for a 390mill stadium and everyone knows that they didnt spend as much on players due to paying off the stadium, especially as they wanted to pay it off asap so they could start making serious cash from it, but i highly doubt arsenal were ever in any danger of going bust