17 hours ago, cumnockbear said:

Pointless discussing any one ATM, we can't sign no cunt until the Summer and Warburton will be away by then, 3 quarters of the suggestions are well out of our reach fs and are a pipe dream. 

EDIT Just read we can't as he's been made a free outside the window!

I wouldn't say this is a pipe dream signing however, an option worth investigating at the very least.

You would assume at 31 he could still offer something up here, getting him over for a look at would be no harm.

40 minutes ago, Sausages said:

And it's a big part of the reason we're in this state.

Every cunt rips the pish out of Warburton for constantly targeting ex-Brentford boys, only to suggest past it ex-Rangers players.

Except it's not.

The reason we're in the state is because of years of fincancial mismanagement and potential fraud. 

Also don't think the teams performances are poor because people on forums are suggesting brining back Jelavic. :lol:

20 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Except it's not.

The reason we're in the state is because of years of fincancial mismanagement and potential fraud. 

Also don't think the teams performances are poor because people on forums are suggesting brining back Jelavic. :lol:

No. In the short term, the teams performances are poor because our signing policy has been all wrong. We are unable to move ahead because we've completely fucked the past 5 seasons by signing past it diddies and dishing out jobs for the boys.

Further back, a lack of fiscal awareness and planning undoubtedly had an effect on where we have ended up. Too many inflated wages with no long term value.

But aye, Jelavic used to be pyoor amazing. Maybe he'll score for fun here. It'll just take a relatively big wage with no chance of making any profit to find out. Just what a loss making club needs.

45 minutes ago, Sausages said:

No. In the short term, the teams performances are poor because our signing policy has been all wrong. We are unable to move ahead because we've completely fucked the past 5 seasons by signing past it diddies and dishing out jobs for the boys.

Further back, a lack of fiscal awareness and planning undoubtedly had an effect on where we have ended up. Too many inflated wages with no long term value.

But aye, Jelavic used to be pyoor amazing. Maybe he'll score for fun here. It'll just take a relatively big wage with no chance of making any profit to find out. Just what a loss making club needs.

Filling our team with high-potential youth players in Division 3 sounds great mate, but wholly unrealistic. We got what we could at the time and although they weren't great, we did get promoted 2 years on the bounce so in theory, it worked in the short term. 

Arguably our best performers this season have been "past it diddies" with "no long term value". 

I'm not saying Jealvic is affordable, or even still good. But if he was still half the player he was when he was here and wanted to come then we'd be silly to turn our noses up at it. 

Also, using "pyoor" as a sarcastic substitute for "pure" doesn't make your point any more valid.

Jelly fishes first touch was immense. He was so fucking good at pulling the ball out the air and get it under control. That goal at pittodrie as well. I'm getting sad thinking about this :unsure:

13 hours ago, wullyRFC said:

It all comes down to Villa 

Stop plane around 

This guy is the reason Warburton was down in London, of that I have no doubts.

15 goals, 8 assists in 29 games in China (according to TransferMarkt).

Don't what the standard is like but....

47 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

If the league is anything like the restaraunt on Byers road it's went right down hill. 

2 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

I'd be surprised if the standard of the Chinese Second Division is particularly high.

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

I'd be surprised if the standard of the Chinese Second Division is particularly high.

Ach, I dunno.  I remember a young, hungry Jelavic with a first touch that was often a shot at goal and served us well.  Don't think you lose the first touch that young (31) and it seems as if he still knows where the goal is.  He was never really blessed with pace either.   Just wonder if he still has the hunger to do well, and, of course, has the standard he's been playing at enough to have kept him at the right level?  If absolutely nothing else, I don't see what would be lost in inviting him to training.

Remember when he left, I said look after your medal Nikica, it's the last you'll ever win.

His % of goals that were one touch is very high, the sign of a proper striker, which he was. Was?

We saw the best of him, has been declining ever since.

On 10/2/2017 at 9:02 PM, Big Al II said:

We saw the best of him, has been declining ever since.

Agree.

He does not need the money as we can't match others wages, but his live fir the club and what he has watched us fans endure since he left, just maybe you never know..

The winner in the league cup will always be the highlight of his career just like jaws ( big Tam Forsyth) my first Ibrox hero), and both scored at the same end.  

Both goals up there with Lovenkrands winner in the dying seconds. 

Is a declining Jelavic not better than both fully fit Waghorn & Garner. If he is fit then he would be a bonus.

47 minutes ago, james_85 said:

Is a declining Jelavic not better than both fully fit Waghorn & Garner. If he is fit then he would be a bonus.

No , Why should we be taking anyone in decline. Bring back Hardie and give him a run or get someone else. If its going to be Jelavic then why not Vuckic who is at least younger. ;-):fishing:

44 minutes ago, saltire266 said:

No , Why should we be taking anyone in decline. Bring back Hardie and give him a run or get someone else. If its going to be Jelavic then why not Vuckic who is at least younger. ;-):fishing:

Hardie has played for 2 teams already this season 

1 hour ago, saltire266 said:

Hardie has played 27 games and scored 7 goals this season in the league below this one.  Don't think he's ready yet...

2 minutes ago, Ted E Bayer said:

i remember he had an uncanny ability to sclaff shots wide!!

Did he aye..

48 minutes ago, Ted E Bayer said:

i remember he had an uncanny ability to sclaff shots wide!!

Change yer name to Ted E Banger ya banger.

I thought he was released? He's went on loan to the same team that Ryan Mcgowan is at.