Overrated players past & present?

Gaz52

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/10/2017 at 8:44 PM, Inigo said:

Seedorf maybe. Never understood how he had the career he did.

Probably a controversial one.

Sorry to be so blunt, but there's not a chance in hell Seedorf was overrated!

The only player in history to win the champions league with 3 different clubs!

3 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

Sorry to be so blunt, but there's not a chance in hell Seedorf was overrated!

The only player in history to win the champions league with 3 different clubs!

I know mate. I did mention his career. And for me I dont get how he managed it. He was good but he wasn't thart good.

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Signed him based on tonight's form, which he showed often at Real. Quality player, IMO.

He's a waste of a jersey the bulk of the time. Capable of a decent performance now and then (and he was signed on the back of a decent WC by Man Utd) but if I had £40 million odd to spend on a player he wouldn't be anywhere near my team. 

Alli is superb and still young enough to improve. He could easily become one of the best midfielders in the world imo.

Thomas Muller, if anything, is underrated.

Can't agree with the people saying Kaka was overrated either. He was unplayable when he was at Milan, granted it went tits up after that. 

Beckham was massively overrated. Made an amazing career for himself off the back of being able to cross a ball and hit a good free kick without really doing much else.

Joe Hart is another one that's overrated. He's an average keeper, nothing more. 

I could probably go on for a while listing English players that are overrated actually. It's what their media do. Even a player like Wayne Rooney who has a tremendous record for club and country could still be considered overrated just because of the way the English media hyped him up.

Robinho is probably the first Brazilian that springs to mind as being overrated. Can't believe someone actually said Ronaldinho. All about opinions though.

I'd say Higuain is overrated too. Fantastic goalscoring record but has bottled the big game on multiple occasions. Again, surprised to see Aguero mentioned.

38 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Was.

One of the greatest ever.

You don't really want to do the comparison do you? Just look at the goalscoring record and Torres is/was an out and out striker. Calling him world class is to massively overrate him at any point in his career.

3 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Ramos is a great defender

Hink he's decent but no as good as made out , scores vital goals right enough just think he's a liability at times and makes rash n crazy challenges and always capable eh a daft red or booking