Overrated players past & present?

Gaz52

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Kaka wasn't overrated. He just didn't maintain his top level for very long.

On his day he had everything tbh; pace, skill, technique, determination, composure...

I can't think of another player who lost so much of his game when he lost his pace though. I mean, he definitely does have very good technique, passing ability etc, but you only realised how much of his playmaking ability was due to the space he created with his pace after he lost it.

Over-rated :

Yaya Toure, Khederia, Ribery, Pepe, Busquets, Ozil, Ivanovic, Vardy, Benteke, Claudio Bravo, Hart, Pogba, Di Maria, Carlos can't think but there's loads.

No way is the likes of Augero, Giroud and Higuain over-rated, if anything they are vastly under-rated.

On 25/02/2017 at 1:52 AM, K.A.I said:

Over-rated :

Yaya Toure, Khederia, Ribery, Pepe, Busquets, Ozil, Ivanovic, Vardy, Benteke, Claudio Bravo, Hart, Pogba, Di Maria, Carlos can't think but there's loads.

No way is the likes of Augero, Giroud and Higuain over-rated, if anything they are vastly under-rated.

Think you're the first person I've seen say Ivanovic, I fully agree.

Disagree about Giroud, think he is gash.

Alvaro Recoba, Cassano, Denilson, Nakata, Gotze, KP Boateng, Saviola, Balotelli, Gilberto Silva, Robinho, Dida, Malouda, Wright Phillips, James, and last and certainly least Hulk, absolutely state of that guy. How has accumulated the transfer fees he has i'll never know!

35 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Alvaro Recoba, Cassano, Denilson, Nakata, Gotze, KP Boateng, Saviola, Balotelli, Gilberto Silva, Robinho, Dida, Malouda, Wright Phillips, James, and last and certainly least Hulk, absolutely state of that guy. How has accumulated the transfer fees he has i'll never know!

Legend for me on LMA 2003 lol.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Legend for me on LMA 2003 lol.

He obviously had ability, at times his left foot could be like a wand but he looked overweight his full career, never looked interested and failed to fulfill the hype. It seems to happen quite a lot with South American players. Maybe they get hyped up too much when their younger but even so, the application of some at times just seems an utter waste..........

On 24/02/2017 at 0:33 PM, Ambrogio said:

Hink he's decent but no as good as made out , scores vital goals right enough just think he's a liability at times and makes rash n crazy challenges and always capable eh a daft red or booking

ramos is outstanding, given all the money real have spent over the years, the fact he has remained in that team tells its own story, the man will be a real legend when he chucks it

6 hours ago, tannerall said:

Oscar was another.

Could do no wrong till the infamous Brazil defeat against Germany, in the World Cup final, got injured soon after and become less and less effective and now gone to China.

Dont think he was ever highly rated tbh

1 minute ago, Frank Harrison said:

Dont think he was ever highly rated tbh

He wasn't. Well not at Chelsea.

His highlight was scoring a brace against Juve and stagnated ever since. Every year on the trot he went missing after Christmas. 

Beckham 100%.  As already mentioned he could hit a cross and a free kick, that was it.  Even then they were rare considering how long he was at Man Utd for.  Moved clubs when his missus told him to.  Fuck him.

Torres was superb for Liverpool for a couple of years but certainly not world class IMO.  Chelsea spunking £50m on him when he was evidently on the decline still baffles me to this day.

On 13/02/2017 at 7:54 PM, plymouthranger said:

Sorry to be so blunt, but there's not a chance in hell Seedorf was overrated!

The only player in history to win the champions league with 3 different clubs!

On 13/02/2017 at 8:46 PM, Inigo said:

I know mate. I did mention his career. And for me I dont get how he managed it. He was good but he wasn't thart good.

You know fuck all

On 2/27/2017 at 9:43 PM, Chrismac8 said:

You know fuck all

And you're clearly a retarded knob. Nice to have straightened all of that out. :tu: