Confusion Over Management Team's Future

spanther22

1 minute ago, Getstiffed said:

tbh mate I've never known MW to be dishonest to this level in his time here and I've never read anything regarding his career prior to us, even when he worked in the city.

And now Forrest are denying having contact with him?

Aboslutely no clue what to make of this. I see a few of the usual suspects floating about drip feeding us shite making sure to include insinuations of "crookedness" from MW. That's got red flags all over it for me.

Just now, Rfc52 said:

Sky Sports News HQVerified account ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ  39m39 minutes ago

More

Sky sources: Warburton initially requested to be released from contract as a result of Nottingham Forest approach

The way I'm looking at is here's what's happened.

He's went for the job and not got it so the board have turned round and said well if you don't want to be here then off ye fuck.

They alluded to this in their statement.

"The Board is very appreciative of the good work previously done by the management team but believes it had no alternative. Our Club must come first and absolute commitment is essential."

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-74/

Forest will officially not have made a direct approach, they get in big trouble if stuff like that is found out.

Whether they had a word with agents or just dropped unofficial hints is unknown, but irrelevant to me as that is common in business and especially football.

What I have a huge problem with is the way the board has communicated this news in a totally unprofessional and illiterate manner, and the fact it has been contradicted straight away. Totally symptomatic of our boards ineptitude and lack of professionalism.

The Joey Barton incident was farcical in itself and was a precedent for the way this board behaves. Tonight the board has made themselves look a lot lot more stupid. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The way I'm looking at is here's what's happened.

He's went for the job and not got it so the board have turned round and said well if you don't want to be here then off ye fuck.

They alluded to this in their statement.

"The Board is very appreciative of the good work previously done by the management team but believes it had no alternative. Our Club must come first and absolute commitment is essential."

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-74/

Fucken hell :lol:

Have Forrest got a manager then?

1 minute ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

How is anyone genuienly blaming the board here? For getting rid of 3 guys trying to snake us? This is clearly Warburtons fault here.

And I've slated the board on numerous occasions this season but this is'nt one.

I've been slating the board for months and rightly so,but they're 100% bang on the money here.

Remember we used to be a team of class? Managers came and stayed for a prolonged period of time and most had a period or periods of success. 

Now in almost 2 years we've had McCoist, McDowall, McCall and Warburton.

2 of which have left in embarrassing circumstances. 

I'm starting to think the agent has made a royal cunt of it. Thought his clients were set for the Forest job and it's all went tits up. Under normal employment law though you can withdraw your resignation and the employer really can't do anything. Not sure if that's the same in the world of football.. Anyway it's another fucking embarrassing shambles regardless.

1 minute ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

How is anyone genuienly blaming the board here? For getting rid of 3 guys trying to snake us? This is clearly Warburtons fault here.

They hired him did they not? Are they not responsible for fucking up the appointment of staff the same way the manager is for signing shite players?

In fact you know what, that's my position from now on. Look at the money they've wasted on the signing of MW, DW and FM. I don't trust them with more money.

9 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Sky Sports News HQVerified account ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ  39m39 minutes ago

More

Sky sources: Warburton initially requested to be released from contract as a result of Nottingham Forest approach

This is turning out to mirror what I posted earlier.

Warburton was down south talking to another club, not a player or a coach.

After successful talks he asks to have his contract cancelled

Rangers reject that offer

Warburton left without making a second offer

Rangers have a meeting and have another think about it

They agree it might actually work in their favour and should have accepted the offer

They quickly release a statement talking about the offer and it was accepted

Warburton is then asked what's going on

He of course has no idea

--------------------------

That to me is illegal, if an initial offer is rejected, then a secondary offer has to be made in order for it to be legally binding. Sounds like the secondary offer was not made, and the club have fucked this one.

Just now, Getstiffed said:

Fucken hell :lol:

Have Forrest got a manager then?

I was listening to RangersRadio when the news broke and the lads on there were saying that their caretaker manager has been told he has the job until the end of the season.

But much like everything that's happened tonight fuck knows what's going on..

The statement that the board has made has far too many factors in it that would be too easily proved false. A verbal contract in Scotland is as lawful as a written one. 

Either warburton and co are not telling us the full facts or his agent has went behind his back. What I think is for certain is that he no longer wants to be a Rangers manager and is now just holding out for the cash, something started this clusterfuck it must of been another job offer. 

4 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

As many people have stated including me, it's not the substance of what has happened but the execution of it that is unprofessional and wrong.

Don't get them confused.