Confusion Over Management Team's Future

spanther22

13 minutes ago, bluepeter said:

The most convincing theory for me is that the agent (with or without permission of his clients) has gone into the board trying to strong-arm a position for them to leave without contractual compensation. This was fully in the belief that they had another job to walk in to. When that turned out not to be the case, he's gone back in with tail between his legs to recover the position, the board have checked the strength of their hand and told him to bolt. Whether Warburton and Co were party to the initial strong-arm tactic is up for debate. 

In fairness to Warburton, I don't think there will be anything unusual about this in the job market he is used to (there isn't in mine). You get an offer from a company, use that offer to either move or strengthen your position in the company you're in. 

My gut feeling is that the agent has fucked up and the management team are gone. You heard it here first fiftieth.

A good theory.   Might well be what's happened.   A variation might be....(purely spectulative)

Warburton, Weir and McParland make it known to Roberston informally / off the record so to speak that they may be interested in jobs that have become vacant down South and would be minded to explore the opportunity but only if certain terms in their contracts with Rangers are relaxed.   They are just exploring, just looking at options like all employees do.    Roberston discusses with King and the Board and they see an opportunity to release the 3 of them without firing them (King's objective was for Rangers to finish a strong second and that is slipping away and someone has to take the blame).   So with further discussion with the 3 the interpretation taken by the Board is that they have effectively resigned themselves since they believe their futures lie elsewhere and therefore are demonstrating that they are no longer commited to Rangers.      The 3 then hit the panic button when they realise that the conversation is being treated by Rangers' Directors as one where the 3 want out and are resigning themselves and we get attempts at reversing out and denial that resignations have taken place.  Result - chaos.  Cue for the respective legal teams to enter the fray.

3 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

This is turning out to mirror what I posted earlier.

Warburton was down south talking to another club, not a player or a coach.

After successful talks he asks to have his contract cancelled

Rangers reject that offer

Warburton left without making a second offer

Rangers a meeting and have another think about it

They agree it might actually work in their favour and should have accepted the offer

They quickly release a statement talking about the offer and it was accepted

Warburton is then asked what's going on

He of course has no idea

--------------------------

That to me is illegal, if an initial offer is rejected, then a secondary offer has to be made in order for it to be legally binding. Sounds like the secondary offer was not made, and the club have fucked this one.

Surely if he was chatting to forest after resignation rejected,  that's breach of contract? 

Edit: meant before tendering resignation. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I was listening to RangersRadio when the news broke and the lads on there were saying that their caretaker manager has been told he has the job until the end of the season.

But much like everything that's happened tonight fuck knows what's going on..

That's what led to the agent coming back to the board saying the management team would stay until the end of the season.

1 minute ago, jackrfc95 said:

Remember we used to be a team of class? Managers came and stayed for a prolonged period of time and most had a period or periods of success. 

Now in almost 2 years we've had McCoist, McDowall, McCall and Warburton.

2 of which have left in embarrassing circumstances. 

They all left in embarrassing circumstances after embarrassing results., unfortunately that included McCall too.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I was listening to RangersRadio when the news broke and the lads on there were saying that their caretaker manager has been told he has the job until the end of the season.

But much like everything that's happened tonight fuck knows what's going on..

So much for the circus leaving town. Different clowns same old shite.

4 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Remember we used to be a team of class? Managers came and stayed for a prolonged period of time and most had a period or periods of success. 

Now in almost 2 years we've had McCoist, McDowall, McCall and Warburton.

2 of which have left in embarrassing circumstances. 

Even though they have all been a shambles it's something that will probably carry on because it's just modern day football.

Managers rarely stay at clubs for any length of time any more.

If the story's are true tonight then 

I'm really happy with the board tonight. It was the right thing to do; MW has pushed us as far as he could, he knew the job was to big for him, you can tell by his body language for the last 4 months, he knew that the fans wanted for him to go, fair enough going for anorther job down south. 

Totally unaccepatble how he's used the club like a trampoline and tried to bounce back in like nothing happened. 

The club were absolute right to call his bluff. 

3 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

They agree it might actually work in their favour and should have accepted the offer

He of course has no idea

That to me is illegal, if an initial offer is rejected, then a secondary offer has to be made in order for it to be legally binding. Sounds like the secondary offer was not made, and the club have fucked this one.

Our legal bills must outweigh the playing budget these days. 

1 minute ago, tannerall said:

They all left in embarrassing circumstances after embarrassing results., unfortunately that included McCall too.

McCall's hands were tied a bit with that squad. I do t think he had a transfer window to get his own players iirc

5 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

He of course has no idea

Where are you getting all that info from

People missin the real culprit here......the greedy sneaky bastard agent.

There is no way the board would terminate the contracts without knowing what they were doing, look at how Barton's release was handled.

The agent did the dirty by informing the club of the resignation offer due to the belief forest wanted them and it's easier to do the deal if no compensation. Board probably couldn't believe their luck and bit the agents hand off. Everyone's a winner.

Then alas forest decide to stick with the caretaker for now and the shit hits the fan for Warburton et al and the agent tries to then rescind and quite rightly the board tell them to fuck right off.

As I say the board were really careful with Barton and took their time I really doubt they have terminated the contracts prematurely without justification from a legal standing.

4 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

He of course has no idea

Not sure that makes sense. If he was talking to Forest, we must have given him permission, so why would we not let him go? Or if we didn't give him permission, he'd be in breach of contract, so we would be within our rights to let him go..?

6 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

They hired him did they not? Are they not responsible for fucking up the appointment of staff the same way the manager is for signing shite players?

In fact you know what, that's my position from now on. Look at the money they've wasted on the signing of MW, DW and FM. I don't trust them with more money.

That's the only criticism I'd give the Board on this issue just now. MW has turned out to be a failure and they chose him.

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The way I'm looking at is here's what's happened.

He's went for the job and not got it so the board have turned round and said well if you don't want to be here then off ye fuck.

They alluded to this in their statement.

"The Board is very appreciative of the good work previously done by the management team but believes it had no alternative. Our Club must come first and absolute commitment is essential."

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-74/

Could it not be that Warburton's agent made an approach to the club saying NF were interested and he'd be prepared to forgo any compensation if they let him talk to NF, he then gets Warburton down to London, tells him the deal, either NF get cold feet or Warburton knocks it back.

The one thing I still held on to was that Warburton was a decent guy, despite being completely and utterly out of his depth, but if the stories are true then he's another shitebag.

That said, if this is all true and the board have played a blinder, I still have zero confidence in them to attract a decent manager and take us forward. What a riddy

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Could it not be that Warburton's agent made an approach to the club saying NF were interested and he'd be prepared to forgo any compensation if they let him talk to NF, he then gets Warburton down to London, tells him the deal, either NF get cold feet or Warburton knocks it back.

I've honestly not got a clue mate,when I first heard the bit about compensation on SSN it made my head spin.

Just now, cameron1873 said:

Where are you getting all that info from

Don't worry mate, it's me just piecing together what I saw as the likely goings on in the background, it's not what we know as actually happened. I just feel like that is the most likely and reasonable turn of events.