Confusion Over Management Team's Future

spanther22

17 minutes ago, tannerall said:

So here comes the 6 million dollar question...........

Have Warburton, Weir and McParland been stitched up or did all three make an incredibly bad business decision ?

Sadly my first reaction was that the dirty tricks campaign has been on the go over the last couple of weeks with the murmurings from the pet journos has come to fruition. Now the ludicrous scenario which has been so publicly played out in the media over the last 3  hours from the club that keeps on giving the media the ammunition to show us up as a laughing stock.

I would have thought that Warburton is too intelligent and business savvy to lay himself open to what appears to be the official narrative. I also believe David Weir is too honest to be a part  in the fabrication of which he is accused.

Maybe I am thinking too much about the smear campaigns and tricks that the present board were happy to use and support in order to gain power; either way it does nothing to enhance the perception of our great club.

Will be interesting to see if Warburton and Weir turn up for work at the Rangers Training Centre or at Ibrox on Saturday morning.   I've no idea if they've departed with immediate effect, or if there is a notice period (the Ibrox statement doesn't seem to say if its with immediate effect).

Will be a bit surreal if they turn up believing they are still in charge only to be told they are not.   I bet there will be a few journos and TV cameras out in force to get the pics.     Will be a bit strange for the players too.     Here's the new temporary boss - not the same as the boss you had yesterday.

I bet the phone lines between Warburton and Weir and their agent have been buzzing tonight.

10 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

That tweet from Gerrybhoy makes sense when you read the club statement.

Yup 

people seem to be ignoring the message in spite of the messenger be it Rangers PR team, Daily Record, BBC Scotland, Gollum McClaughlan or Gerry McCulloch.

1.2 million isn't as wild as it may seem tbh .. remember Warburton triggered an extension at the end of last season to double his wages to 12k per week .. then there's Weir's wage and wee McParland seems like a wee crook who'll not be on buttons all that before bonuses etc 

what they got left? 2 years?

add it up and the sums might just add up 

12 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

David Edgar said someone short term with a knowledge of Scottish football and ex Forest

Mcleish or Davies

Mcleish all day long if that's the case

It'll be Davies, why do you think he's suddenly appeared on Sky?

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yup 

people seem to be ignoring the message in spite of the messenger be it Rangers PR team, Daily Record, BBC Scotland, Gollum McClaughlan or Gerry McCulloch.

1.2 million isn't as wild as it may seem tbh .. remember Warburton triggered an extension at the end of last season to double his wages to 12k per week .. then there's Weir's wage and wee McParland seems like a wee crook who'll not be on buttons all that before bonuses etc 

what they got left? 2 years?

add it up and the sums might just add up 

The telegraph article has quoted different. 

"Telegraph Sport, though, can reveal that Warburton and Weir were on the verge of dismissal – they would almost certainly have been gone next week – but by offering their resignations they have saved the club around £700,000. The contorted drama began on Tuesday when Warburton’s agent, Dave Lockwood, approached the Ibrox directors and asked for the trio to be released from their contracts, which had almost another year to run."

I would like to assume that in matters which have happened that both Warburton and Rangers would have put any agreements in writing and in a legal way to protect both party's.

If it turns out a case of "He said "She said" then i can foresee yet another court case if one party is in disagreement, Given how badly the club has been run over the past few years with paying players and management off along with all the court cases, I can't imagine Weir and Warburton walking away with not a bean in their pockets and could end up with the board coming to a financial agreement with both of them, Only if Weir and Warburton are of the opinion Rangers are wrong, That's why it would be important to have all this drawn up legally and in duplicate. Normally when managers leave it's almost always the club who suffer financially and Warburton isn't a silly man. 

Who gives a fuck what the rhebel or the scum says we couldn't even get rid of a less than able manager properly without him and his staff having a claim against us, kind of tells you that a deal with the devil has maybe gone wrong? Stinks! 

image.gif

Whatever the real story is, once again we're a laughing stock.

This is not something that ever ends well with additional legal fees or settlement agreements which we can't afford.  

Im also worried at who we bring in as it will probably just confirm that we are absolutely skint.

Mccinnes, calderwood, Davies are pretty much the best I can come up with and they fill me with dread!

AAARGH!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

"Telegraph Sport, though, can reveal that Warburton and Weir were on the verge of dismissal – they would almost certainly have been gone next week – but by offering their resignations they have saved the club around £700,000. The contorted drama began on Tuesday when Warburton’s agent, Dave Lockwood, approached the Ibrox directors and asked for the trio to be released from their contracts, which had almost another year to run."

It's not that different really - Warburtons wage alone for 1 year instead of 2 is almost 700k alone Weir and McParlands wages could easily make up the other 500k between them imo

even if not 1.2m or 700k the principles the same 

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

Wonder if the Club got the offers of resignation in writing either from the 3 persons themselves or from their agent.    If so then presumably the Directors are on watertight territory in electing to accept the resignations and equally watertight territory in refusing to reinstate the 3.    But if it was an informal discussion along the lines of 'the 3 would be minded to leave as they see an opportunity elsewhere but only if certain contract terms were adjusted)' and the Board has seized on this discussion as being tantamount to a binding offer to resign, then we might yet have a battle about whether or not the resignations are validly submitted.   I hope - I really really do hope - that we don't find ourselves enmeshed in a legal wrangle over whether they have resigned or whether they have been - in effect - dismissed.   Either way though, their days at Ibrox are finished.   

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It's not that different really - Warburtons wage alone for 1 year instead of 2 is almost 700k alone Weir and McParlands wages could easily make up the other 500k between them imo

even if not 1.2m or 700k the principles the same 

More likely that they were expecting to pay £1.2m to sack the 3 of them but will end up settling for £500k. 

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

More likely that they were expecting to pay £1.2m to sack the 3 of them but will end up settling for £500k. 

Aye there's loads of variables but I'm just saying McCullochs version isn't that mental