Frank de Boer

BridgeIsBlue

1 hour ago, AlCapone said:

We can't afford him nor the players he would want to work with. We are damaged goods with our current underfunded board and won't attract anyone who has a reputation to lose.

Despite his agent saying money isn't an issue and made reference to the fact he never got a wage when he played for us in the context of our money problems ?

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Despite his agent saying money isn't an issue and made reference to the fact he never got a wage when he played for us in the context of our money problems ?

Money will be an issue if he can't buy decent players

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

different argument altogether that.......

It is but it's the same thing, it's taking a long time for supporters to realise we have no money. Without a share issue or further loans we're going to have to adjust expectations. Never mind trying to find a manager who can get good value from signings and not wasting what we have, unlike Warburton.

24 minutes ago, jim white's a bear said:

Money will be an issue if he can't buy decent players

Maybe 

but if I gets to that stage now that after negotiations he's not happy with the budget then by default he's been interested and would shut the "he's not interested Brigade " up

First post in 6 yes 6 years!!!

I really think Frank is pie in the sky stuff and something that has never really been discussed at board room level

with the DOF coming in I can't see it but think Derek M should get the gig 2 and a half year deal not a world class appointment but definitely deserving of it given his work at Pittodrie.

1 hour ago, Railcard said:

I really think Frank is pie in the sky stuff and something that has never really been discussed at board room level

with the DOF coming in I can't see it but think Derek M should get the gig 2 and a half year deal not a world class appointment but definitely deserving of it given his work at Pittodrie.

Ok.

How do you know?

Nope.

I don't think anyone has said deboer won't be interested. Of course he'll be interested if the terms are right for himself. He's not going to take the job for 600k a year when he'll look across the city and see what fake tans getting. Then there's the small matter of a transfer budget and then a wage budget.  It will just not happen- no club goes from penny pinching to splashing the cash with investment or change of ownership.  We'll have neither

10 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

I don't think anyone has said deboer won't be interested. Of course he'll be interested if the terms are right for himself. He's not going to take the job for 600k a year when he'll look across the city and see what fake tans getting. Then there's the small matter of a transfer budget and then a wage budget.  It will just not happen- no club goes from penny pinching to splashing the cash with investment or change of ownership.  We'll have neither

he was on a million euros a season at Ajax which at the time of a semi decent exchange rate would've been around 750/800k pa. It's not inconceivable and imo would probably depend on any budget more than wage (his wage will still have to be good) 

That's whether or not he has or will be approached 

There are no managers that tick all the boxes but McInnes ticks most. DeBoer is another massive risk our club cannot afford to take just now, that's assuming he would come to us. For me, best option for us is McInnes: Scottish manager; managed in Scotland; successful as a manager; can get best out of players; can work on limited funds and be a success; won't take silly money contract to get him.

4 minutes ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

There are no managers that tick all the boxes but McInnes ticks most. DeBoer is another massive risk our club cannot afford to take just now, that's assuming be wold come to us. For me, best option for us is McInnes: Scottish manager; managed in Scotland; successful as a manager; can get best out of players; can work on limited funds and be a success; won't take silly money contract to get him.

Just what success has Celtics play thing bitch had as a manager? :confused: He's an awful manager and ticks no boxes for me. 

1 minute ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Just what success has Celtics play thing bitch had as a manager? :confused: He's an awful manager and ticks no boxes for me. 

Totally disagree mate. He's got a better record against them than any of their managers as far back as I can remember. The sheep were always getting well beat off them and raising their game for us. That's not a McInnes thing, that's a historical thing. He's established them again as a top 4 team, won them a trophy and got to other finals. I can understand some people having reasons they don't want him but he is definitely not an awful manager.

9 hours ago, Railcard said:

Multiple exclamation marks. Lack of other punctuation marks. Useless contribution. Please leave it another 6 years before you think about posting again. 

7 hours ago, Bertent said:

well with that insight I hope you leave it another six years

It's funny I have a friend who's sat in the east enclosure for about 10 years, proper Rangers man and think he's been a member of this forum all that time who's never posted because he says the forum is full of people getting shot down for the sake of it.

(cue joke about female sensitivity or sumhin)

5 minutes ago, Railcard said:

never posted because he says the forum is full of people getting shot down for the sake of it

Aye the Bears Den manager thread is mental at times.

Tell him to go over to the OP and say a bit about himself and perhaps add a picture. It's not so uncouth over there. 

38 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Aberdeen finished 9th and 8th the previous 2 seasons before he came in. Took them to 3Rd(went to last game) and then 2nd two seasons. Won a cup and think put a 10 game winning streak together. Has also had a few decent victories in  Europe. Operates on a tight budget and whilst I don't know many players he has signed pretty sure he has not wasted money. Have to think where we would be if we had paid compensation for him rather than going for Warburton who was free.