Frank de Boer

BridgeIsBlue

8 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

ST - ST

McKay - CM - CM - RM      

Wallace - CB - CB - RB       

Foderingham

Apart from maybe Miller and Hill and possibly at a stretch, Kranjcar, recovery permitting. That's who I think is good enough to be part of a title winning squad. (shambolic that it's the pensioners who have been passable this season).

It's a good thing we're fucking minted enough to replace the entire team...

jim-cry-happy.gif

To roughly fill your numbers. Boumsong, Weir, Cuellar, Hemdani, Novo, Naismith, Boyd, Prso types. How much did they cost collectively? McCulloch was only £2m, Steve Davis not much more. KT £2m. There are so many examples of quality coming to Rangers, and Celtic for not much money that it is ridiculous people just want to spend tens of millions for the sake of it. Even the beggers with Nakamura, £2.5 was an absolute steal. Griffiths, all they goals, £1m. Dembele, bosman and a poxy £20k a week. I am sure Celtic one year won the title or took us right to the wire with a team which cost slightly more than what we paid for Mo Edu and Kyle Lafferty! 

Warburton shopped in the wrong markets for the wrong players. He wasn't interested in loaning a Steve Davis, just kids to massage his development ego, he wasn't interested in signing a Boumsong or Cuellar, just guys he knew personally in the game. He wasn't interested in finding another Dado Prso, he wanted an Englishman, someone he could spend money on just to say, i think, we can spend money. Or maybe he just wanted someone else, he knew. His transfer business was appallingly bad and he has wasted the club genuine millions and 2 full years of time too. 

There is no doubt we need an injection of quality but it doesn't have to cost the earth. The right players are out there if we look hard enough. 

7 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Based on the evidence of this season I'd say McKay isn't good enough to play in a Rangers team serious about winning the title.  The boy does fuck all for weeks and months on end.  His good games are so few and far between it's unreal.  That may change under a new manager but we'll need to wait and see.  

Rangers title winning teams have always carried passengers. Both old firm teams have. Who's to say McKay wouldn't improve himself playing under a proper manager with a far better quality of player? He has undoubted ability but what i would maybe question about him, is his attitude. Perhaps a real football manager would know how to use and handle him better. It can't help any player playing under such a useless manager and with such uninterested and mediocre group of team mates. 

Our teams and set up of the last 6 years hasn't helped any of our players. Extremely tough circumstances, and i don't mean off field issues or level of opponents, i mean our own doings, we make life so hard for ourselves. 

Even Naismith and Jelavic looked distinctly average playing under a poor manager. Look how far Wallace has regressed since joining Rangers. We really don't help players at all. That has to change. 

5 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

To roughly fill your numbers. Boumsong, Weir, Cuellar, Hemdani, Novo, Naismith, Boyd, Prso types. How much did they cost collectively? McCulloch was only £2m, Steve Davis not much more. KT £2m. There are so many examples of quality coming to Rangers, and Celtic for not much money that it is ridiculous people just want to spend tens of millions for the sake of it. Even the beggers with Nakamura, £2.5 was an absolute steal. Griffiths, all they goals, £1m. Dembele, bosman and a poxy £20k a week. I am sure Celtic one year won the title or took us right to the wire with a team which cost slightly more than what we paid for Mo Edu and Kyle Lafferty! 

Warburton shopped in the wrong markets for the wrong players. He wasn't interested in loaning a Steve Davis, just kids to massage his development ego, he wasn't interested in signing a Boumsong or Cuellar, just guys he knew personally in the game. He wasn't interested in finding another Dado Prso, he wanted an Englishman, someone he could spend money on just to say, i think, we can spend money. Or maybe he just wanted someone else, he knew. His transfer business was appallingly bad and he has wasted the club genuine millions and 2 full years of time too. 

There is no doubt we need an injection of quality but it doesn't have to cost the earth. The right players are out there if we look hard enough. 

Sorry mate but your about 10 years behind with they prices.

A Davis, Cuellar, Prso, Nakamura would cost 5-10 million in this day and age. 

5 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

I agree there are bargains out there but some of those guys were bought a decade ago. Prices have shot up. And we would have to get every one bang on. For every Davis there's a Mladenovic.

I hope we get some cash in to spend because I can't see us getting a decent manager otherwise. We needed 10m this season to put 4 or 5 players straight in and form the backbone of a team. Instead we have no backbone at all. We are spineless in every sense.

2 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Sorry mate but your about 10 years behind with they prices.

A Davis, Cuellar, Prso, Nakamura would cost 5-10 million in this day and age. 

I honestly don't agree at all. We just have to look for the right players. That's what we haven't been doing.  

1 minute ago, trueblueal said:

I agree there are bargains out there but some of those guys were bought a decade ago. Prices have shot up. And we would have to get every one bang on. For every Davis there's a Mladenovic.

I hope we get some cash in to spend because I can't see us getting a decent manager otherwise. We needed 10m this season to put 4 or 5 players straight in and form the backbone of a team. Instead we have no backbone at all. We are spineless in every sense.

I totally agree but that is why i said we need the right man, with the right contacts finding the right players. MW and his pal were a disaster. AM and his pals were a disaster. We need a manager that genuinely knows what he is doing. 

Can't help but think we will be sorely disappointed with whoever they take in. Any decent manager can see the state the clubs in and I don't believe there's anything like the funds available to overhaul an entire squad of shite. 

Reckon we'll see 3 maybe 4 players added in the summer but the bulk of the squad will be the same 

Celtic may be way ahead of everyone else on points but don't tell us they are that much of a quality team. They met a few teams in Europe who put them in their place and those teams didn't all have masses of funds. Rangers will need some quality players with a lot of fight in them but a manager with genuine talent and cunning should be able to give them a run for that money.

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, SirMW said:

Without dembele & sinclair the tims are nothing special, If we get 3 or 4 players in at the same level as they 2 monkeys we'll be ready for them next season.

The pair of them will be away in the summer imo they know that they're too good for Celtic, same with their Manager. Once Rodgers goes and he will because he loved it down in England, the wheels will fall off ten in a row.

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

How do we not need a whole new team though?

Who is good enough to start in our first 11 for next season bar McKay? 

Our best players are hitting near 40.

Even 6/7 players is the best part of a new team. You say 5 or 6 quality players....you would be lucky to get that for the £10 million I suggested, have you seen the market?

10 m doesn't go far these days ?

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

The pair of them will be away in the summer imo they know that they're too good for Celtic, same with their Manager. Once Rodgers goes and he will because he loved it down in England, the wheels will fall off ten in a row.

The fact the pair of them are away might make things a bit more worrying because let's face it how much are they gawny get for dembele a got grief for saying this a few months ago but there going to get 20-25m for him a don't care what anybody says on here. With that kind of money you could make 2 teams that would win the spl. 

2 hours ago, Queen's_highway said:

What a daft title. You've made it out like he's coming here.

It's a nothing story as usual that you can't even be bothered to copy and paste 

De Boer won't be our next manager and I personally wouldn't prefer him to be. He'd need lots of cash, system is like Warburton's and also inter hunted him out. 

Don't know how to copy and paste from my phone mate

8 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I see Rodgers staying for 10iar. He's a Celtic fan so why wouldn't he stay to try to secure it? 

Guest Lloyd72
5 minutes ago, SirMW said:

The fact the pair of them are away might make things a bit more worrying because let's face it how much are they gawny get for dembele a got grief for saying this a few months ago but there going to get 20-25m for him a don't care what anybody says on here. With that kind of money you could make 2 teams that would win the spl. 

true, I think it's about who you buy and not how much you spend though and I don't think they'll replace either of them with better players but that's just my opinion.

15 minutes ago, SirMW said:

Without dembele & sinclair the tims are nothing special, If we get 3 or 4 players in at the same level as they 2 monkeys we'll be ready for them next season.

I used to think that but it will take a lot more 

we've no quality anywhere on that pitch except maybe in goals when Fod is on form 

7 minutes ago, SirMW said:

Fuck up :lol:

4 minutes ago, bluebovril said:

Don't know how to copy and paste from my phone mate

Hold your thumb on the words. Then a word will be highlighted. Then use your finger to copy everything and click cut or copy. Hold your thumb where you're posting it and click on the word paste 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I used to think that but it will take a lot more 

we've no quality anywhere on that pitch except maybe in goals when Fod is on form 

As long as it's not at his feet

I used to think we weren't that far behind them but we're miles behind . It's worrying as fuck now and I don't know how we're going to get out of this situation. For king to say 18 million has been spent freaks me out too