Second Statement

RFC55

Guest Lloyd72

A lot of parallels of how they left Brentford with how they are leaving us, with the talking to other clubs while under contract and leaking board meetings to the press. Bunch of scummy bastards. Can't believe I ever thought Warburton had class.

King issues the statement, Robertson (allegedly) met with the agent, begs the question what the fuck is Mini being paid for, what exactly is his role at the club.

Across the city, Dremot D. Is the money man, Liewell runs the show, clearly defined lines.  We on the other hand appear to have no structure.

Only thing that concerns me is that the three of them were still in employment on Friday if their resignations were accepted on Monday. Should have been shown the door on Monday. Going into a SC tie we need someone who is focused in the dug out not someone who is more concerned about picking his 1st starting 11 for his new club.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

The dismissal case aside, people still backing King. Wow!

We do deserve the board we get.

Now no more complaining about team performances. Bed and lie in it.

Don't see many backing King , his first few paragraphs are just lying bullshit and he's fooling nobody.

The Warburton saga was fuckin superb though.

2 minutes ago, The_Razza said:

Wages, money spent fixing things in the stadium, money put into things like RTV and the media guys and general infrastructure of the club and replacing what had been stripped away and restoring what was neglected by the previous regime.

I've always got the impression from some people that they thought King was going to deposit £30m into the club bank account in one go to be spent on players. It was never ever going to work that way, at least that is never how I would have expected it to be.

What I will say though is that I do find it disappointing that a larger sum of money hasn't been made available up until now to be spent on transfer fees similar to that of the Joe Garner transfer. I'd have liked to see us spend that kind of money on at least a couple of others and that absolutely has to be improved upon if we're going to be even dreaming about challenging for the title any time soon.

all they things you mentioned in the first paragraph, while maybe needed, do not help bridge the gap to the tarriers that much, especially in the short term

before coming to power, king always spoke about closing the gap, regaining our rightful place, front loading the money needed, well im sorry but RTV, fixing the stadium etc do not cover the fact that the tarriers have a better playing squad

there is only one way to generate extra revenue as a scottish club, win things and play in europe, we wont do that by spunking money on shite like media stuff, RTV etc

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

A lot of parallels of how they left Brentford with how they are leaving us, with the talking to other clubs while under contract and leaking board meetings to the press. Bunch of scummy bastards. Can't believe I ever thought Warburton had class.

Will be noticed by everyone in football and hopefully they never work in the game again.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, sassaaaa said:

Will be noticed by everyone in football and hopefully they never work in the game again.

Yup, I posted yesterday a quote from a Brentford fan talking about how they did all the same at their club and that's why the fans wanted him chased. Shame we never noticed sooner, Davie Weir needs his name taken off the Hall of Fame board for this (shouldn't have been there in the first place imo)

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

The fanciful notion that ex players have some sort of "love" and commitment to our cause is yet again exposed. 

Davie Weir joins a long list of folks only out for themselves, to self serve and nothing else. 

The sooner our support realise this the sooner we can stop talking shite about ex players doing us any sort of favour. 

It's about money for them and their family. End of. 

Only ever saw two former employees who had paid their way in to Ibrox. One was Wilson Wood who sat in the Copland and the other Jock Wallace who paid to sit in the Main Stand.

4 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

Only thing that concerns me is that the three of them were still in employment on Friday if their resignations were accepted on Monday. Should have been shown the door on Monday. Going into a SC tie we need someone who is focused in the dug out not someone who is more concerned about picking his 1st starting 11 for his new club.

Their agent asked if they could basically take their resignation back, which the board were considering. I guess they allowed them to carry on business as usual whilst they made that decision.

They should have made that decision faster though because the timing of it all was terrible, should have been decided and all sorted before the press conference.

18 minutes ago, Dlydon81 said:

F£&K ME!

First part is complete BS and DK thinks we're all idiots by putting that out there.

Second part, as much as probably true, confirms to me that no formal resignation has been received and we are going to end up paying MW and Co the full compensation for breach of contract.

DK is a complete Moron and we are a F£&King laughing stock!

Spot on with that!

14 minutes ago, Lance1697 said:

Fans are never going to be happy overall but you can't ask for a better statement from a Board 

Aye some of it is business bullshit and it beats around the bush but it's far far more than we've had from anybody over the last 5 years 

Don't think anything said in that statement is wrong, Mark had the funds, brought in more players than he seems to have been promised and has failed, board have acted appropriately.

Bang on! Yet still so many people moaning. Warburton hasn't bought 1 single player capable of going for a decent fee. We need to be selling on players when we play in such a poor league. 

7 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

The fanciful notion that ex players have some sort of "love" and commitment to our cause is yet again exposed. 

Davie Weir joins a long list of folks only out for themselves, to self serve and nothing else. 

The sooner our support realise this the sooner we can stop talking shite about ex players doing us any sort of favour. 

It's about money for them and their family. End of. 

That's football. It's a boys club and all those involved care about is staying in the club. People need to waken up. 

1 minute ago, The_Razza said:

Their agent asked if they could basically take their resignation back, which the board were considering. I guess they allowed them to carry on business as usual whilst they made that decision.

They should have made that decision faster though because the timing of it all was terrible, should have been decided and all sorted before the press conference.

4 days to make their decision?

What a board we have