Second Statement

RFC55

F£&K ME!

First part is complete BS and DK thinks we're all idiots by putting that out there.

Second part, as much as probably true, confirms to me that no formal resignation has been received and we are going to end up paying MW and Co the full compensation for breach of contract.

DK is a complete Moron and we are a F£&King laughing stock!

2 minutes ago, rangersmad86 said:

Is anyone else totally fucking confused by the part which states that employment was immediately terminated (paraphrasing) yet Warburton was taking training and having a press conference as Rangers manager on Friday? 

I think it's the timeline, it had been agreed mid week the the agent comes back at the end of the week to try and change it.

1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

Good statement. No mention of having the resignation in writing though, which is slightly worrying. Surely MW wouldn't flat out deny it if he'd signed something?

The resignation was never given in writing. It was verbal, which is still a resignation albeit slightly more dubious territory. 

They'll end up settling at a much lower amount than the £1.2m they would have gotten next week when they were sacked. 

Just now, gsa said:

Does anyone have any geniune information with regard to the cost of repairing and maintaining the stadium and training ground? 

Aside from Ibrox and Auchenhowie, I'm certain there will have been fairly substantial costs involved in general housekeeping at the club. We've come off a period of utter neglect. New staff, improved infrastructure, etc. How much this all has actually cost I don't know. 

The roof is still bogging , other than a few banners I have not noticed any major changes at ibrox under the board 

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

The resignation was never given in writing. It was verbal, which is still a resignation albeit slightly more dubious territory. 

They'll end up settling at a much lower amount than the £1.2m they would have gotten next week when they were sacked. 

Nobody knows this or if it was recorded. Also there must have been more than two folk present.

Fans are never going to be happy overall but you can't ask for a better statement from a Board 

Aye some of it is business bullshit and it beats around the bush but it's far far more than we've had from anybody over the last 5 years 

Don't think anything said in that statement is wrong, Mark had the funds, brought in more players than he seems to have been promised and has failed, board have acted appropriately.

I have issued a select number of statements to give supporters a reliable update on the progression that your board committed to almost two years ago.

Some of the content relates to a subject matter that the Club would normally only deal with at our AGM or results announcements. However, under the circumstances, I feel that inclusion is appropriate to ensure that supporters are properly informed and don’t have to rely on uninformed media speculation.

For the avoidance of doubt, I repeat the key elements;

We would invest sufficient resources to ensure immediate promotion to the SPFL.

In season two we would further invest to be competitive in the SPFL and qualify for Europe at the end of the season. Our realistic expectation was to come second. This was to be achieved by signing five or six players of a quality that improved the squad that won the Championship.

In season three we would again invest in five or six players that further improved the squad to compete for the title and progress in Europe.

I personally estimated that we would require an investment of £30 million over that period to achieve our stated objectives.

I now comment on each of these elements;

We hired, at short notice, a relatively untested management team that recruited a number of players and introduced a style of play that was pleasing to our supporters. Significant investment was made on and off the park and the Championship was ultimately won in some style. The season was an unqualified success and the management team was rewarded with a vastly improved contract.

This season we did not stick to our plan of signing five or six players because the manager appealed to the Board for additional signings. Despite the concern about departing from our plan of prudent phased investment, the Board backed the manager’s request for accelerated investment. This placed us significantly above the football resources available to our competitors (other than Celtic) and was expected to ensure that we finished a strong second in the league and had a squad that could be added to, close season, to make a strong impact in the Europa League qualifiers. While I still believe that we can finish a strong second, I am stating the obvious to admit that we are not where we anticipated we would be at this stage of the season and we have not repeated the success that we had with our signings from the previous season.

Following from the above it is clear that we are behind our target for next season but, given that we recognise this, it is the duty of the Board to take steps to get things back on track. That is what our supporters trust us to do and rightly demand that we do. We remain 100% committed to the plan we commenced with and that the supporters continue to endorse resoundingly.

£18 million of the originally estimated £30 million investment has already been made. Ultimately, the overall investment in any football team is driven by the net player spend and, given that we are behind target with our squad, there may be a further need to accelerate investment at the end of this season. It is my present personal view that we will, in all likelihood, invest more than £30 million before we are where we want to be but this will be revisited once we have a new permanent management team in place.

The vagaries of running a football club are not new to your Board. It is our job to react to and manage these as they arise during any season – and from season to season. Despite the relative disappointment of this season so far, the bigger project remains firmly on track and we will take whatever corrective measures are necessary. On this point, I want to deal with one issue that has recently received wide coverage in the media.

It is a vital obligation and fiduciary responsibility for any Board to continually monitor the progress of the company’s financial and operating performance against its budgets and plans. This is done at regular Board meetings where all aspects of the company’s business is reviewed and evaluated. What is stated and dealt with during those meetings is confidential and governed by a number of rules, regulations, laws and ethics. Put simply, what is said in Board meetings stays in Board meetings.

Ahead of the Board meeting at the end of January, I advised the manager that the Board wished to review our recruitment plan and performance over the previous two windows. This was a routine request and was timely given the concerns that everyone at the Club has with regard to the high level of wages we were paying relative to the performance on the pitch. In particular, a large portion of our wage bill was not even seeing regular playing time.

Under normal circumstances such a review would remain confidential. However, in this instance, your Board’s routine questioning of management was leaked to the media and conveyed as being a negative reflection of the Board’s attitude to the manager and the recruitment department. It was confirmed to me that the leak did not come from a board member.

Irrespective of who leaked confidential information, it is clear from subsequent media comments that the manager did not respond well to the Board reviewing his recruitment activity. This is a strange position to adopt and, in my personal experience, is not a position that a more experienced manager would adopt. No manager in the world can reasonably expect to be beyond scrutiny.

Things moved quickly from that point. There were rumours that the management team (presumably their agent) was negotiating with English clubs and, in one instance, I was informally approached to ask if the Club would waive compensation if the management team was to leave. While this was unsubstantiated by direct confirmation from the Club in question, I was alert to a conversation that Mark Warburton had with me after joining the Club in which he advised me that his long-term ambition was to manage in the EPL and he viewed Rangers as a stepping-stone to achieve this. His comments to the media simultaneously reinforced his present unhappiness at the Club.

I was therefore not surprised when the management team’s agent approached the Club’s Managing Director Stewart Robertson to request a meeting which was held in Glasgow on Monday this week. The outcome of this meeting was that the agent subsequently offered that Mark, David and Frank would resign with immediate effect without compensation as long as the Club, in turn, agreed to waive compensation from any new Club that they signed for. After discussion the Board accepted this offer and employment was immediately terminated. In order for us to achieve our ambitions we need employees that, like your Board members, will always put Rangers first.

While we were dealing with the admin and press releases relating to the resignation the agent again contacted us and asked to defer the resignation until the management had secured a new club. I assume that the new deal had somehow collapsed at the last minute. The Board met to consider this request but resolved to hold them to the original agreement.

We are now in the process of reviewing the best interim and long-term solution for ensuring that a modern and robust footballing structure is put in place that will continue with and entrench the footballing philosophy that we have in place. We also must protect and support the marvellous work that has been achieved by the Academy over the last two years.

8 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Davie Weir, hang your head in shame big man.

This, all is never as it seems is it,? I can imagine the three rats atm sitting round a table with a team of lawyers scheming their next ratty move, one thing that has come to light that may affect any future employment ( apart from being a shite management duo) is that they are fragile, thin skinned, bollockless and would be prepared to do the dirty on any future employer, take that ya fuckers.

I back King on the matter. 100%. As far as the £30m investment in players go, £18m NET so far... you can probably do the math on that - looking at full contracts over their full terms... it's probably accurate. 

This isn't football manager where you lay £18m direct on a few players lol.

FdB in. King is in the unique position where he can redeem himself and galvanise the support this summer. Get FdB, back him show ambition and the majority of the fans will change their tune. 

6 minutes ago, rangersmad86 said:

Is anyone else totally fucking confused by the part which states that employment was immediately terminated (paraphrasing) yet Warburton was taking training and having a press conference as Rangers manager on Friday? 

That part is very confusing and surprised it is not being brought up more in this this thread.

28 minutes ago, julescotia said:

I was therefore not surprised when the management team’s agent approached the Club’s Managing Director Stewart Robertson to request a meeting which was held in Glasgow on Monday this week. The outcome of this meeting was that the agent subsequently offered that Mark, David and Frank would resign with immediate effect without compensation as long as the Club, in turn, agreed to waive compensation from any new Club that they signed for. After discussion the Board accepted this offer and employment was immediately terminated

Are we saying it took from Monday till Friday to have this discussion,even to the extent that MW was still giving the media a press conference on Friday.
Me personally would have them out the door as soon as it was uttered they wanted to leave.
Fuckin strange behaviour if you ask me.

Good statement. So second this year with at least Euro qualifiers and next year challenging for the title. Need a very good manager to come in and spend a bit of money. Can only hope we'll get some money for some players even if it isn't  much. We can't let any players go for free. 

Maybe it's just me but if another club was interested in the 3 of them shouldn't we have been demanding compensation as we need money to be honest?

Unless the board did just want rid of them that much. If they didn't want to be here fair enough but we shouldn't have been doing them a favour if that's the case.

Shitebags the lot of them. The minute MW asked to resign we should have told him to get it in writing immediately then fuck off. Not fanny about with it. 

Good riddance to him anyway. He was out his depth.

Good statement from king know people aren't King fans and stuff questioning the 18 million but what exactly are people expecting him and the rest of the board to do ? We clearly are short on wealth we can't spend what we dont have and this is the right plan too follow really who else is going to come in and drop millions of pounds into the club there's no one I can think of I'm glad just to have the club running and have a team I can go and support week in week out on the field I'm happy at the progress we've made since the mcoist era ended and I get this season has been a huge let down but it's going to be a long road back to the top but we'll get there eventually guess some people are to hung up in the past expecting a quick fix those days are way behind us