Second Statement

RFC55

2 minutes ago, Tommy WATP said:

Then Club1872 need to action on this statement. Simple as that, fans were lied to and King's statement confirms that today. Will we see any pressure from them?

That shower of nobodies don't have the balls .They would only upset the man that makes them feel important

1 minute ago, MARK92GERS said:

So correct me if I'm wrong here are you Implying that the teams a shower of shite then ?

It's complex IMO. We are at the same level as Aberdeen. With sound spending we will be better than them next season. Don't think we will win the SPL next season tbh.

I was therefore not surprised when the management team’s agent approached the Club’s Managing Director Stewart Robertson to request a meeting which was held in Glasgow on Monday this week. The outcome of this meeting was that the agent subsequently offered that Mark, David and Frank would resign with immediate effect without compensation as long as the Club, in turn, agreed to waive compensation from any new Club that they signed for. After discussion the Board accepted this offer and employment was immediately terminated. 

The point is though, was this acceptance communicated to the offeror? If so, when and to whom. This seems to be crucial to the outcome of this dispute. 

21 minutes ago, The_Razza said:

Their agent asked if they could basically take their resignation back, which the board were considering. I guess they allowed them to carry on business as usual whilst they made that decision.

They should have made that decision faster though because the timing of it all was terrible, should have been decided and all sorted before the press conference.

From my interpretation of events this was a couple of days after their rep had asked the board to allow them to  leave with no compensation.

The three of them should have been shown the door after the board accepted the resignation.

9 minutes ago, Dlydon81 said:

I don't agree - it reads like there was a negotiation but no offer.  Anyway Unless warburtons contract excludes the standard clause on resignation - they need a letter in writing.  Did MW not have to sign his employment contract or could the agent do it for him when he originally agreed it - this is Mickey Mouse from the board.

i think the discussions did happen as described, the board thought they were gettting lucky as they can't afford to just sack him, MW didn't get the Forrest job and the board have tried to force through the suggested negotiations.

incidentally if the employnent was immediately terminated why was MW in a press conference a few days later and only 4 hrs before they announced the resignation.

Amateur hour from that feckin idiom DK

It clearly says the Agent offered their resignation!

Said offer may have been written, it doesn't say.

What is not in doubt for me . MW had us all fooled . He was working his ticket . Surprisingly so was another of our so called legends .

I am excited that our team might be able to win a big match now .

Tomorrows game all of a sudden has more appeal for me

Has the serpents head appeared at Auchenhowie as he said he would and claiming he hadn't resigned.
This is the sort of shite that happens if you show weakness.
His feet should never have touched the marble staircase on his way out as soon as he decided he was going,which sounds as if it shoulda been last Monday..

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Oh dear, we are now getting it publicly on the lost four days!

MW wasn't even in on the talks.

King stating they were terminated immediately yet they are taking training and giving a presser?

We will be royally fucked with this.

Soon as the board accepted it they should have walked.

23 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

This is how I see the timeline:

Monday -  meeting between Robertson and agent

Tuesday - takes the proposal to the board who discuss it

Wednesday - agreed

Thursday - forest give job to Brazil,  agent moves goalposts

Friday - MW told to take presser while it's being mulled over.  MW talks usual shite and lies.  After presser the board decide not to defer resignation. 

Plausible? 

Unfortunately that is far too sensible a take for a number of our posters to grasp.   

Just now, eejay the dj said:

What is not in doubt for me . MW had us all fooled . He was working his ticket . Surprisingly so was another of our so called legends .

I am excited that our team might be able to win a big match now .

Tomorrows game all of a sudden has more appeal for me

All those folk claiming Warburton is a good guy and gentleman including myself have been hit a boot in the baws. The man is nothing more than a rat. 

8 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

We are on 54 . So we are always going to be going for 55 .

I hate the man but there is no criticism on this one from me

So it's fine to whip up a frenzy with the fans and push for renewals with a slogan which the board knew wasn't achievable and one they didn't plan for themselves? 

7 minutes ago, Misteral said:

The point is though, was this acceptance communicated to the offeror? If so, when and to whom. This seems to be crucial to the outcome of this dispute. 

Dave thought Paul was doing it, and Paul though Dave had it covered.

Just an innocent mix up surely :duh:

11 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Would the 18mil include ST money?  I have no idea about money matters, except that King was right to express his concern that money spent and wasted on bum players is what we were all saying.

IIRC he said £30m would need to be invested to compete with them for titles.

That to me means £30m invested in the team so if he's going to try and claim it's been spent maintaining facilities or anything else than that excuse just isn't going to wash with me.

5 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Apart from the bit where MW is told to take a presser by a club he doesn't work for.

Possibly...

Monday -  Meeting between Robertson and agent.

Tuesday - Robertson takes the proposal to the board who discuss it.

Wednesday - Agreed by the Board and MW is told his employment is terminated. Paperwork commences.

Thursday - Forest give the job to Brazil. The agent then moves goalposts. The Board stop the paperwork and MW is asked to continue with his duties.

Friday - MW takes the press conference whist the goalpost move is being considered.  After the presser the board decide not to defer resignation. 

??? 

44 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Good statement. No mention of having the resignation in writing though, which is slightly worrying. Surely MW wouldn't flat out deny it if he'd signed something?

he offered his resignation and they accepted it on monday and then  went to talk to forest. that  should rule out him of saying that it was all a big mistake and I didnt really quit.  Written or not ,In football (contractual obligations) ,you dont go to an interview without permission of your employer unless  you are already  unemployed 

4 minutes ago, Tommy WATP said:

So it's fine to whip up a frenzy with the fans and push for renewals with a slogan which the board knew wasn't achievable and one they didn't plan for themselves? 

Cmon Tommy . You would have to be about 10 years to be upset and buy into  that one .

No guarantees to win any title .Ever

frenzy you say .

Any bear I know buys their ST  ticket without a second thought

2 minutes ago, Tommy WATP said:

What were you hoping for? 

"The taigs will ragdoll us this season, be sure and buy your season books!"

Mon ffs bit of common sense.

2 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

That to me means £30m invested in the team so if he's going to try and claim it's been spent maintaining facilities or anything else than that excuse just isn't going to wash with me.

Nor me m8.

2 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Wash your ears then.  Talk of investment was to get the club back to where it should be.