Second Statement

RFC55

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

did you hear the prick?

"just as always with Rangers this will end up in the courts"

Just cause your team raped waens and hid it ya bawbag

Never saw it mate but I'm picturing his horrible wee face and his gloating tone and it's givin me the boak.  :depressed:

1 minute ago, Jack The Flipper said:

lol that thread, mind you it's not like folk to pontificate on here is it?

The story couldn't be further from the truth.... MW enticing a much needed striker to the Club to cement second place? Naw... down failing a job interview with Forest. Wasn't the Sun the source? Cunts pluck stories from thin air. 

If it was only a 'verbal agreement', then the lawyers from both parties will have to get involved. The now ex-management team will have a very strong case for compo as no letter of resignation was tendered - that's employment law. As much as it sticks in my craw, football is not immune from the laws of employment. It would be best for all, if they can just reach some sort of agreement that suits everyone so that we can now draw a line under it and move on. Anyway, we have enough lawsuits going on without this turning into another pantomime!

32 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

I used to laugh at my old auntie talking about people having Catholic faces but he's definitely got one.

Why would you laugh at your granny 

She is or was spot on 

My granny used to talk about having the map of Ireland stamped over their faces 

Grannies speak a lot of sense 

3 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

IMHO they (King, the Directors and the MD) really do need to get their corporate act together on this pronto.

Rangers is not some company who, when it loses its top layer of management, just makes a comment to whatever trade press reports on the business of the company, or even it were a biggish publicly listed company might earn a short column of reporting in the serious financial papers.    Rangers is way more than that.  It is an institution which - when anything of significance happens - makes for front page news in national (in Scotland that is) papers and TV.    For that reason alone - aside from better reasons of good quality communication to Supporters - the messaging needs to be a lot clearer, more transparent, better presented and given out by someone in person who is recognisably a person in authority at the Club.  Preferably the Chairman.  Its his job imo.

So far the messaging has, imo, been sparse and tawdry at best.  If this sort of approach was taken to informing shareholders in companies then I'd expect shareholders and investors to be up in arms about the lack of personal leadership on this and about the lack of quality.    You can't just suddenly and controversially lose the top layer of management - which is key to driving the football business - and sit behind a shoddy message posted on the company website.     A far better and clearer statement is needed.    And soon.  In other worlds the sort of amateurish approach taken by the Board and the MD so far would risk sending share prices sharply downward and require much more senior and experienced intervention to stabalise and provide clear future direction.  Seems we are to wait a bit longer for more clarity.  Not really good enough from the Board imo.

Another reason why the next messaging needs to be far better and with much clearer visibility that someone in authority at Ibrox clearly has the reigns of leadership to deal with this is that if the Club had intended to raise more money by way of issuing more shares in late Spring / early Summer then it needs a good story to tell to prospective buyers.   Having a credible management team is one aspect - and this will now need to be addressed pronto.   Having prospects to earn more revenue is another - so if Europe is vital to that sales pitch then whips need to be cracked a bit to get the level of football results into territory where European football is achieved.   Also Board credibility.   They need so show they are competent persons to be running the Club.   If this resignation thing becomes a fiasco because they mishandled it then, added to the Barton saga, it would not make for a convincing story that the Board is operating at a good enough level.   Messaging - and the quality of it - is therefore important if they plan to raise money for next season.  

Apart from that they still have to sell STs for next season and they'd do well to avoid coming over too much as taking the Support for granted.   This season risks heading towards write-off territory and if that turns out to be the case over the next few months then putting in place building blocks to enable a much better team to be competing next season is also important.

if they were not bargain basement already

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

It was an embarrassment, I had to read it a few times to try and make any sense out of it, thought it was just me being dim.

Well Richie so many people at the start thought both our official site and twitter account had been hacked. Even although the chance of both accounts being hacked were a bit ridiculous - that was the conclusion most people were coming to. That is evidence right there that the statement was not fit for purpose.