Second Statement

RFC55

Now that we know that Murty is the interim solution, and that Robertson and the Board are going to take however long it needs to take to select a longer term 'solution' I wonder how much of a salary & expenses etc saving King is making as a result of the 3 resignations.    

I assume they'd all be paid up to last Friday (or whenever their resignations were immediately accepted) so maybe some meaty savings to be made........and a bit of a mild incentive to delay appointing replacements.

44 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Now that we know that Murty is the interim solution, and that Robertson and the Board are going to take however long it needs to take to select a longer term 'solution' I wonder how much of a salary & expenses etc saving King is making as a result of the 3 resignations.    

I assume they'd all be paid up to last Friday (or whenever their resignations were immediately accepted) so maybe some meaty savings to be made........and a bit of a mild incentive to delay appointing replacements.

...but are they? They will need to privision monies for the most probable law suit. Maybe only a short term gain, versus a much bigger long term loss. We shall see.

10 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

...but are they? They will need to privision monies for the most probable law suit. Maybe only a short term gain, versus a much bigger long term loss. We shall see.

I was being snarky in raising the prospect of savings.   Savings on 3 salaries will be small beer compared to having to shell out in compensation if the 3 take their case to the courts / tribunals or if Rangers just decide to settle quietly behind the scenes to avoid bad publicity for King.    I'd be amazed if the gang of 3 just quietly accepted the Club's interpretation of that they had resigned and would not be in the least bit surprised if a substantial claim for compensation has either been made or about to be made.  

In his 2nd statement King had a bit of a go at Warburton.  Apart from it setting up the opportunity for a counter-strike response by Warburton in due course, it might encourage Warburton's advisory team to think about whether King's statement damages Warburton's reputation and hence his prospects for future employment so maybe a claim for damages gets thrown onto King;s desk too.     You don't win compensation if you don't claim and the 3 would be bound to aim big in setting out the heads of claim and take it from there either in the courts or in negotiating a settlement.   BTW that's not a defence of Warburton and the other 2 - I have never been convinced he had the leadership and managerial qualities and experience to run a Club of the stature of Rangers.  

If the prospect of a legal wrangle over the so-called resignations is in the wings then no wonder King decided not to recruit an experienced interim manager but make do with the vastly inexperienced Murty until Robertson completes his research of prospective candidates for a longer term managerial and DOF solution , reports to the Board, carries out interviews, negotiates terms and makes an appointment.   That could take as long as King conveniently instructs him to take, perhaps as long as it takes for the Club to be certain it is not exposed to any claims for compensation from the gang or 3, or if such claims are made then until they are settled.   Maybe only then will King know what he can afford to offer to pay for a DOF and replacement manager (and presumably replacement asst manager and presumably a new chief scout).