Warburton, Weir & McParland Statement

Guest Lloyd72

9 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

How? do you mean recorded conversation?

No, I mean that we evidence that we had a conversation, and that the results of it was recorded contemporaneously.

Realistically we can't prove our story beyond reasonable doubt, but we don't have to. We just need our story to be more believable than theirs. If we can produce, I don't know, internal correspondence between the board regarding the matter; including the minutes of the board meetings to discuss; then we're in a very strong position.

You just know this is going to end up costing us when it gets to court.

I imagine one of the simpler questions from the LMA will be..can you please provide us copies of the resignation letters?

The truth obviously sits somewhere in the middle where both parties weren't happy and agreed that they would split ways. My take on it is that Rangers agreed to waive compensation and the managevent team would carry on duties until they found something (forest). There has then been some maneuvering by the agent after the initial deal was struck and DK has taken a chance to get rid just now for free ahead of the summer, nothing will have been formally documented and we will likely get screwed once it goes to court. (But in the mean time looks good for the board)

Just my 2p.

4 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

It wasn't Forest who tried to negotiate the compensation it was their agent. There's been nothing to say Forest had any contact with our board but every story says Warburton had talks with them. That would mean they went directly to him without Rangers say so, that's not allowed and they aren't going to admit to doing it.

Even last week that's all it is though n still just now "stories " only thing we all know is ,that because of different statements from the board and the three of them .Someone is telling porkies oh aye and for some reason Mr King has also told us that he's spent 18million 

If an agent approached the club and asked it to release the clients without the club receiving contractual compensation from any interested club, then I think the board have every right to believe that they weren't 100% committed to the club.

The club were prepared to do this but then the agent tries to go back on the deal

If Warburton has a beef it should be with his agent.

19 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

More money pissed down the drain because the useless fuckers at the top can't get their shit in check.

I don't get this point. Would you rather they had stayed. If we had sacked them they would still have been entitled to a payout. If the board win their case there's no payment. Nobody's pissing any money away.

2 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

I don't get this point. Would you rather they had stayed. If we had sacked them they would still have been entitled to a payout. If the board win their case there's no payment. Nobody's pissing any money away.

sshhhh that doesn't fit the anti board agenda

3 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

To be honest, if the board have fucked this it will cost us more.

Firstly if Warburton and co win, we will have to pay both ours and theirs legal costs.

Secondly, there could be compensation over and above the cost it would be to pay off their contracts.

Finally, if we had put them on gardening leave like we did with mccoist. We would only have to pay their wages until they found a new job. Warburton is far more likely to find new work than McCoist so doubt it would have taken covering their wages beyond the end of the season.

Not saying that I think the board have done the wrong thing. Have no idea of the details, but if they have played it wrong, it will cost us. If they have played it right then they have pulled a rabbit out the magic hat.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be honest, if the board have fucked this it will cost us more.

Firstly if Warburton and co win, we will have to pay both ours and theirs legal costs.

Secondly, there could be compensation over and above the cost it would be to pay off their contracts.

Finally, if we had put them on gardening leave like we did with mccoist. We would only have to pay their wages until they found a new job. Warburton is far more likely to find new work than McCoist so doubt it would have taken covering their wages beyond the end of the season.

Not saying that I think the board have done the wrong thing. Have no idea of the details, but if they have played it wrong, it will cost us. If they have played it right then they have pulled a rabbit out the magic hat.

shocked to say i agree with this.

right to clear them out

only time will tell if it was the better method

1 hour ago, Barbarrosa said:

Been saying for a while it's just a short term attempt at saving wages.

King is no doubt hoping that by the time compensation is due, then the season ticket renewal money will be in.

I wonder if we'll hear King tell us in the summer that we can't afford the shiny new modern robust set up, because we've had to pay MW etc.

this sounds worryingly accurate.

22 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

You know for a fact they didn't formally resign I take it?

Aye there was unnecessary things in the statement but it gave us a detailed version of what happened. If you want to conveniently ignore that fire away.

I know that if there was a formal resignation then the board would have given details of that. They didn't.

As I said I'm no fan of this board but anyone who thinks they've stopped someone from performing their duties and released a statement as detailed as that to the public without being 100% sure they're legally in the right is mad.

If they have they will be about as credible as Craig Whyte.

Few points from that:

There's no denial from Warburton they had spoken with Forest.

Theres no denial from Warburton that his agent tried to get them out of Ibrox with no compensation.

No denial he leaked info to the Record

No denial of meetings taking place between his agent and the club.

If King has  fabricated  the whole thing up than He's position will be untenable to remain .

I just can't see anyone in any field of job leaving without securing contracts for their new positions .

regardless of how poorly an individual performs these day's  you have to do it by the book

I think King   thought he was being smart but looks like  manager association will demand  an  inquiry

not only compensation on the cards but legal fees and will be a  fuckin huge embarrassment  .

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

As someone who criticises the board at length even i'd be stunned if we took action like this without hard evidence that a resignation had been offered. 

It would make no sense to go through this if the end result was media embrassment and a big sum to pay at the end of it. Even this board are not as daft as that

Think Kings just chanced his arm to be honest.

Just now, dougie76 said:

Think Kings just chanced his arm to be honest.

I dont know why he'd risk that when if found out to be lying he'd lose millions and get hounded out the club by the fans and media.

Bit of a stretch for me tbh. 

Just to add some supposition to this. I was to contact the club last week about going up to Auchenhowie for a sit-down interview with Graeme Murty & Craig Mulholland. I'd originally spoke with both of them before the Aberdeen U20s game two weeks ago and both were very keen to do it and when I spoke with the press office they were more than happy to organise it. When I contacted them last week to set a day and time there was complete radio silence on anything involving Murty. They responded to other requests and emails but anything about Murty was blanked from as early as last Wednesday. 

Obviously it's hardly categoric proof of anything BUT it seems odd the club would be silent on Murty from the middle of last week if something wasn't going on behind the scenes...